03: Magic Levels
177 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'What is this? It's... So beautiful.' Oculis was looking at something that he never saw before... A square soul, a white square soul with white smoke coming out of it. He felt someone holding his body, he couldn't see anything besides the square soul and some threads, blue, yellow, and black threads around it, swinging with no control.

He then used his Soul Thread to touch the white smoke coming out of the white square soul, he suddenly felt like giggling, he doesn't know why but he started to laugh... He then heard a woman's voice that wasn't from his mother:

"Blind. A blind baby..." He paused. He never heard this woman's voice before, but he felt like this woman was better than his own mother, it must be because this soul of her that is so interesting... He grabbed her finger and smiled, he was sure that his eyes were open now, so he just closed them. He still felt tired, who said being a baby is an easy thing to do? He went back to sleep, not that he could stay awake if he wanted to! His mind dived into a deep slumber while he closed his eyes, he felt the world moving, it seems that the square soul woman brought him with her. He doesn't mind... At least he won't need to stay near the black soul woman...

***

Medusa looked at the sleeping blind baby on her hands. She smiled because it was the first time she felt something so warm... She searched for a while and found it! The baby's name tablet. All families have the habit of making a tablet with the newborn children's name, in this case, this baby's name is... Oculis. She smiled, this name really fits the baby! 

'Do not worry. At least I will take responsibility for what I did, even if it was for revenge. Taking care of you is the least I can do now.' She thought while leaving the house, leaving behind her past, and leaving behind her revenge plan...

***

Oculis woke up one more time, he found himself with cold. It was very cold around, he couldn't feel his hands or feet at all! He cried in pain, he felt like someone was beside him... He felt the heat, and a cozy and want fur around him. It was like some kind of animal was helping him, making him warm in this cold. He coughed and heard the same female voice, saying:

"What do I feed a human baby? Huh... Milk, right? Sadly I don't have any milk with me... I know! Milky Fruit must be enough." The ground shook while the woman ran around the cave to the outside, Oculis was confused by what was happening, but he just ignored it and tried to become warmer. After 30 minutes, the woman came back, Oculis just heard the sound of several items moving around, after some minute the noises stopped and he heard: "Okay baby... Open your mouth..." Then, a liquid entered his mouth, it was a cold liquid that had the same taste as milk! He didn't even hesitate and started to drink it.

He drank until the liquid stopped going down. He burped seconds later. He felt sleepy and went to sleep tiredly... This repeated itself several times on the following days and as every human being, Oculis started to grow up. He started to talk, he started to walk, he started to know more. First, he discovered the obvious: His new mother wasn't a human, she was a humanoid creature mostly know a Gorgon, her name is Medusa. 

Oculis asked her about everything he was curious about, magic, monsters, the world... He learned new things! First, to use a spell there's two ways: Control or Speech. speech is easier, one just needs to speak and say the name of the spell or go on and say a whole incantation for the spell to work, the other method is Control, directly control the Arcana Thread to form the spell and then use the spell. Oculis is about to use the Control Method very easily, he learned his first spells and trained then together with the archery method that he had from his infused memories. He also trained his Druid Magic and his Soul Magic.

Six years later, he was considered a Grandmaster Mage. 

Medusa explained to him that this world has two important things: Magic and Martial Arts. 

Magic users and Martial Artists are categorized in: 

Apprentice.

Junior.

Senior.

Teacher.

Principal.

Master.

Grandmaster.

Elder Master.

Superior Elder.

Superior Grandmaster.

Minor God.

God.

Superior God.

Elder God.

He can use several elements, fuse them together, and create a spell by only using Control Method. But to become more powerful he needs to understand his magic, understand Arcana to use more powerful spells, and also he needs to have more experience.

Spells also have categories, but they are different:

1st Level Spell: 1 Arcana Thread

2nd Level Spell: 2 Arcana Thread.

3rd Level Spell: 5 Arcana Thread.

4th Level Spell: 10 Arcana Thread.

5th Level Spell: 50 Arcan Thread.

6th Level Spell: 500 Arcana Thread.

7th Level Spell: 1 Compressed Arcana Thread. (Compressed Arcana Thread: 1,000 Normal Arcana Thread)

8th Level Spell: 10 Compressed Arcana Thread.

9th Level Spell: 100 Compressed Arcana Thread.

10th Level Spell: 1 Super Compressed Arcana Thread (1 Super Compressed Arcana Thread: 1,000 Compressed Arcana Thread) 

11th Level Spell: 10 Super Compressed Arcana Thread.

12th Level Spell: 100 Super Compressed Arcana Thread.

To compressed an arcana thread, the mage needs to use the thread fuse to each other using pure strength! This method is the most effective, and also permanent! When a mage compressed his/her arcana threads, they will be forever compressed! But don't worry, a mage can use his/her Compressed Arcana Thread and transform it into an Arcana Thread with just a thought, so the same mage can use a 7th Level Spell and a 1st Level Spell with no worries.

Actually, Oculis can use 4th Level Spells and can control 25 Arcana Threads! 

6