Chapter 4|Back To The Basics
72 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you guys like the story so far?
  • Yes Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 6

The CEO of Paper Waste here was lecturing us on the dangers of running around, blah, blah, blah.

I’m just gonna start the paper and then I’ll have time to think about what I can do now.

 

‘Lightning Transformation | Concealed Hand Acceleration’

 

The unique thing about Lightning Transformation is that it can be used flexibly. I can reduce its power use in order to use it in different ways. For example, right now I’m gonna use it to enhance the speed at which I write this paper.

 

“You’ve got the whole period kiddos, put it on my desk when you’re done.”

 

Two pages were a breeze for me and with acceleration, I was able to complete it in about 10 minutes, of course concealing my abilities. It was gonna be troublesome if I finished in a minute with Full Acceleration.

 

“Oi Shinjeo, Hey can I see your paper? I’m stuck.”

 

And here’s Aldo with his needing of my help. The savior I am prevents me from handing the paper, but I hand it to him so a fuss doesn’t begin.

 

“Yeah, go ahead, just put it back when you’re done and before Fur-face notices.”

 

Yamano High was really a laid-back school in Tokyo. We weren’t the best, but we weren’t the worst. An average school where I can test my abilities.  I’m gonna go ahead and check my skills.

 

Lightning Transformation and Ultimate Concentration remained the same, just a couple skills we’re locked due to the stat restrictions. Luckily I could still access Rank 1 Transformation with my stats. Ultimate Concentration only had the first two basic techniques unlocked. 

 

It looks like I’d have to work for a bit to get some skills back. However my Gunblader Class tree was completely reset, but the skills were different and seemed even stronger than the original ones I had. 

 

“Here ya go, thanks as always bud!”

 

Aldo always had a stupid smile on his face whenever he talked to me or did something he felt needed a big congratulations. A refreshing element to me. He slid my paper to me quite smoothly.

 

“Alright let’s just wait for class to end, I’m just gonna read some manga here under the desk!”

 

“You do that Aldo, you’re lucky we sit in the back, otherwise fur-face is going to be on our case.”

 

It was going to matter anyway cause our teacher was always busy reading or watching something in his, “Sacred Corner.” I couldn’t care less about that. And so, class ended and I had 5 more periods to go through.

 

“Get outta here, you students better watch yourselves if you’re gonna go into the big world.”

 

Very heartwarming for him to say. Aldo and I grabbed our bags and went to our next class. We had pretty much all our periods together, which was convenient. And the next periods passed just like that, it was time for lunch.

 

“What a surprise! It’s not blueberries!”

 

“It’s lunch dude. I’m not having blueberries every day.”

 

I looked into the lunch my sister made. Of course, she made my favorites. It was steaming rice, a side of hard-boiled egg, and a few cut-up pieces of sausage in another container.

 

“Your sister is always making such good food for you. I’m lucky just to have some sandwiches from my mom.”

 

“You should start cooking yourself if you’re gonna complain about the food your dear old mom makes.”

 

Rish always took good care of me even if she teased me and called me dumb. She shared her food all the time with me. Dummy thought I wasn’t noticing how much she cared about me. Dang, Future Me would of cried if he had food like this again. It’s always a constant reminder that I have to be strong.

 

“Let’s dig in now, good ol’ pal.”

 

Lunch passed by just like that. Kuro was always in class today, but he sat a bit far from us so I hadn’t spoken with him yet. During lunch, He’s busy working in the library, so he has lunch there.

 

I know that he’s there for another reason though. But, I’ll save it for later. I’ll let him enjoy his time. The other classes went by quickly too, I finished everything quickly with Hand Acceleration. It wasn't be a surprise cause I already had top marks. Class ended just like that and Kuro popped behind me with Aldo.

 

“Yo Shin, let’s head to 11/7 and grab some food!”

 

“Sure, I’ll send a text to Rish to tell her to leave without me.”

 

I sent the text quickly and collected my things to start walking with Aldo and Kuro. These two always were with me since we all met each other.

I guess we should go ahead and grab some tea and sandwiches.

 

“I’m gonna grab some Oden, I’m tired of sandwiches. My mom always packs em.”

 

“Hehe, suit yourself I’m having egg sandwiches with Shin, isn’t that right?”

 

“Sure, Sandwiches are cool, and let’s get some tea too.”

 

Aldo went to go pay for his Oden and we grabbed our sandwiches and tea and waited in line. 

 

“That guy always likes getting filling food.”

 

“We’re better off having light food! Right, Shin?”

 

“Yeah, I gotta stay a bit healthy, my mom doesn’t want me getting fat.”

 

“Hehe, sure.”

 

Kuro always wanted me to eat with him. If people didn’t know us they’d think we were brothers. We sat down after paying and waited for Aldo.

 

“Alright guys, I’m gonna have a taste of this oden that I top with everything!”

 

“You’re crazy dude, I’m just gonna eat this light egg sandwich.”

 

“Aldo is a big eater, Look at that guy eat the daikon, konjac, and fishcakes!”

 

He was eating faster than us despite us having light food. He drank his cola and was quite excited.

 

“Damn! Cola always hits the spot.”

 

It’s days like these that I cherished because they were limited. Suddenly I sensed something. It was similar to when monsters were summoned during a dungeon hunt. 

 

“Guys I think I forgot something, watch my stuff.”

 

“Alright, just don’t be gone for too long.”

 

“MMMF, SHORE, IMF, GOONA, STICK, TO, EATING”

 

Aldo had his mouth fool and Kuro was turning away in distaste to the monstrous sight. I had to go check outside, I was pretty sure it was an alleyway. I can probably activate my abilities fine in the dark. I was an idiot, I forgot about the monsters that were going to appear before the awakenings. The public were being be told they were zoo animals on the loose.

 

That was all a lie, the government knew about these happenings and kept quiet. It was fine since it prevented mass panic, but soon something big was gonna happen.

 

‘Lightning Transformation | Concealed First Stage’

 

I ran out of the 11/7 and bolted where I sensed the monster. Shit, the energy seemed like it was a Rank 6. That was fine since it was a lower tier, I could probably handle it.

 

“AAAAH, Please help me!”

 

I wasn’t fast enough; it sounded like a highschool girl. I landed in the corner and turned to look at the alley.

 

“Fuck, looks like it’s a Dark Bear.”

 

It was a D+ Class monster. I could probably deal with it on my own, but that girl was a little too close.

 

“Move! I’ll handle it!”

 

I moved in front of her and summoned my Xcell Arc. My blade barely shielded her from being sliced.

 

“What is that thing? Please, you’ve gotta help me.”

 

“I’m no hero, but I can handle this on my own just get back!”

 

“Urgh, I’m sorry!”

 

She backed away and ran. The girl was crying and looked like she was about to break down. One thing is out of the way. Now it was time for me to activate my full force. I can finally fight and test my strength.

 

‘Lightning Transformation | First Form is activated and full power is unleashed. A full barrier is generated in the alleyway.’

 

Good, looks like I could fight without a problem now that the System generated a barrier.

 

“Let’s settle this quickly, Fur-face #2!”

 

I’m gonna test this new technique. I hope I can take care of this quickly.

 

‘Ultimate Concentration | Ride the Lightning’

 

I jumped up and avoided the Dark Bear slashing me. I proceeded to jump off the wall and shoot him with my revolver.

 

“Bang! Bang! Bang!”

 

I landed behind it and it looked like I barely put a dent in it with my reset Xcell Arc. I guess I had to put a bit more force into it.

 

“RAAARGH, HUMAN MEAT NOW”

 

It turned around and attempted to grab me.

 

“No way, you aren’t landing a hit on me.”

 

I evaded him with ease and began charging up my second move to finish this quickly.

 

‘Gunblade Arts | Blade Rend and Implosion’

 

I ran up to the bear and slashed him with all my might. It screamed and I was going to follow up and finish this.

 

“HUMAN DIE, I WILL NOT DIE!”

 

It went for one last strike of rage. I jumped back and unloaded a full clip.

 

‘Lightning Bond | Full Bloom’

 

As soon as the bullets landed it was over. The monster finally shrunk back and I won my first battle.

 

“Damn, if I was in my prime this would’ve been over in five seconds.”

 

I struggled hard and I’d won my first battle.

 

‘Scenario Cleared! You’ve beaten the first D+ Dark Bear! Here are your rewards.’

 

  1. All Stats Up by 10 points
  2. Xcell Arc Enhancement
  3. Chaos Arts | Bear Hunt

                   [Accept Rewards]

I accepted the rewards on the quest window and the barrier disappeared. This is how the scenarios were kept hidden. I got up and began to walk back to 11/7.

Hullo guys! I hoped you enjoyed the action and slice-of-life. It looks like Shinjeo isn’t gonna have a laid back time until the ‘Awakening’ he spoke about!

 

3