Chapter 5|The Clock Ticks
50 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

['Scenario Cleared! You've beaten the first D+ Dark Bear! Here are your rewards.']

 

  1. All Stats Up by 10 points
  2. Xcell Arc Enhancement
  3. Chaos Arts | Bear Hunt

 

 [Accept Rewards Y/N]

 

Looks like I benefited from this, normally I was gonna get a bit of a stat boost and a random skill, but I got three rewards. I looked at the rewards I received and opened the entrance to the 11/7

 

“Hey guys, I found it!”

 

“Finally man, We finished eating like 20 minutes ago.”

 

“We were gonna drop your stuff off at your house if you weren’t back in 5 minutes.”

 

"Thanks, guys! Shall we head home?"

Bear Hunt looked to be a skill that allowed me to use the strength of a bear. Similarly to Lightning Transformation, the power of a bear would envelop me, but only for a short time. I checked the options on my enhanced gun and sword in my Xcell Arc window. It looks like they gained an affinity to slaying the Dark Element, which was good for the future.

 

“Hey I’m gonna turn this corner and walk to my house, you guys stay safe alright?”

 

Kuro waved goodbye to us and we walked a bit further as I looked at my system windows. His house was just a couple blocks from mine so we’d split off in a minute or two.

 

Right now we stat spreadsheet looked like this:

 

Shinjeo Curato | Flash Chronos Gunblader (L+ Class Rating)

Level | 13

Strength | 32(+15) > 42(+15)

Speed | 43 (+15) > 53(+15)

Range | 35 (+15) > 45(+15)

Endurance | 40(+15) > 50(+15)

Luck | 15(+15) >25(+15)

 

It looked like I got a major stat increase, I didn’t gain any experience this time around, but the stat points were welcome. It was the same amount that I’d get if I leveled up five times. It was going to be easier for me to fight Dark enemies thanks to the Xcell Arc Enhancement and similar stat enhancement skill.

 

“Yo I’ll head off here Shin!”

 

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow then Aldo."

 The extra stat points there were +15 from my Class Rating. Bear Hunt looked like it was going to last 5 minutes if I activated it and it could be overlayed with Lightning Transformation. I would get a 1.5x increase in all stats from it. It was a considerable upgrade.

I waved goodbye to Aldo and reached the front door of my house. I took off my shoes as I walked into the kitchen. 

 

“Hey Shiny! You’re late! You were supposed to be here an hour ago.”

 

"Sorry sis, I forgot something at school, it took me a while to find it and get back to my friends."

“Whatever you say Shiny, you’re lucky that Mom is getting groceries and Dad is still at work.”

 

Haha, she's worried, I haven't felt that one in a long time. Well, more motivation for me, can't have everyone worrying about my well-being. I want to make it so there will be no worry. That's the "dream" I chase even when it might betray me.

I walked past my sister who was eating leftover cake from yesterday and went up to my room. It was time for me to go over my plan of action. 

 

First things first, traces of the "Awakening" are appearing. Possibly due to it coming soon within a month. Scenarios are still active and will begin whenever I fight. One more thing, I can train my stats and use my abilities already. That's probably how the government prepared, they had their task-force as well.

I have an idea of who they are, but it's fuzzy because my memories of that time are beginning to be overwritten. I'll keep some notes on the most important points that I need.

Today was a success because I was able to defeat a D+ Rank monster. Even though I had a hard time, it meant I could fight E, F, and D class monsters on my own.

 

When the “Awakening” first began, E-D class monsters appeared, who were still able to defeat through some means of normal combat. I have an advantage with my registered skills and understanding of the System.

 

This meant I had to gather everyone I cared for on that day and fight. I had to be strong enough to defeat multitudes of monsters. Right now, being able to defeat a D+ Rank meant nothing if I couldn't defeat Clusters. 

First thing’s first, I have to train my body to be strong enough to handle multiple targets. 

 

"Hey, Sis! Do we still have that punching bag that Dad bought?!"

“What? Come down here and say it again I can’t hear you!”

 

I got up from my desk after making some notes and repeated my question after coming down.

 

“Yeah? It should be in the backyard, you gonna train or something shorty?”

 

“Yeah, I just wanna build some more muscle.”

 

“And you do know this won’t affect your height?”

 

“Yeah, whatever, Rish, just keep watching your K-Drama.”

 

“Weirdo, just go already.”

 

Alright, I can start training my arms for quick reflexes and slices with my blade and revolver. I grabbed the gloves on the porch and tested some physical skills.

“Bam! Pow! Boom!”

 

My punches sure left a dent. Using my physical enhancement made me as strong as a Pro Boxer’s punches. If you could put the strongest people right now physically on the ranking chart, they would be in D-Class.

 

“Alright, this is good, let’s keep going and add kicks.”

 

I practiced a variety of kicks that I learned from Karate, my grandpa was a real martial art savvy. My legs were a bit stronger actually, they landed with harder force.

“This is great, maybe I could strengthen my body even further with Lightning Transformation.”

 

I didn’t want to break the punching bag so I held off of it. Yeah If I measured myself now I was at D+ Rank in terms of my overall physique.

 

“Let’s go with the stretches next and practice some judo.”

 

That night I spent about 3 hours loosening my body to prepare it for the training I was gonna force on myself. My master called it: “Absolute Hell Regimen”

 

It was hell and my body was gonna endure this no matter what, I was gonna upgrade my rank and get stronger.

Hullo Guys! Thanks for reading! This chapter was a little shorter because the last one was longer than usual. Stay tuned for daily updates!

3