Chapter 6|The Calm Before The Storm
30 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The punching bag laid on the ground, absolutely decimated.

'Huff, huff, did I go overboard?'

“What the hell did you do Shiny?”

 

“Uh, I was training my body?”

 

My sister came running out of her room and slammed the yard door open. I was pretty tired and the punching bag was destroyed.

"I thought you got hurt! I heard a loud blast 

noise!"

 

"That was me, sorry... The bag couldn't take any more stress, I think."

"Are you hurt anywhere? Come inside and show me your hands."

I moved away from the mess I'd made and sat down on the couch. My sister grabbed my hands and looked over them. They had a few cuts on them, but nothing too bad. She then looked at my legs and they were in a similar condition.

"You said you were "training", didn't you? I didn't think you would break the bag and get yourself hurt like this"

"I wanted to work on my body so I did my best and I just went a little overboard."

“Just “a little” is an understatement from you, I’ll go grab the First Aid Kit, just sit there and wait.”

 

My mind drifted to an old memory from elementary school. Back then I was a bit frailer than other kids. I was almost weaker than the girls around me. My dad made my sister promise to protect me after what happened.

It was a rainy day and I was walking home with Aldo, we crossed paths like usual and I said goodbye. The rain got bad though and I could barely see due to how hard it was raining. It was worse than what the forecast had predicted.

I ended up getting lost, but I was a smart kid and hid under a tree in a park waiting for the rain to settle down a bit. At the time I was 5 and my sister was 8. She was dealing with her things and I was becoming more independent. Kids were kids, if they got jealous, things happened. An old cat came by and sat under the tree next to me, probably to wait for the rain to subside.

It was a little scary at first, but it cuddled up and we waited together. I think my parents ran out to look for me because they were worried and my sister found me at the tree. She was crying hard and was saying it was all her fault. That she should've gone home with me. I couldn't understand what was happening, but I said goodbye to that kind cat and went home.

My mom was getting me cleaned and asking me what happened. It was all going fine until I overheard my dad in the living room.

 

“You can’t leave him alone again, I know it wasn’t your fault, but you have responsibilities as the older one.”

 

“I know dad, I didn’t want this to happen.”

 

She was crying hard and my dad hugged her. 

 

“It’s fine, just protect him, he isn’t as strong as other boys, but I know you can do it.”

 

The next day she always was with me, she walked with Aldo, Kuro, and me while holding my hand.

 

She never wanted to let it happen again, so for the next couple of years, she pampered me until I was strong. My grandpa taught me all forms of martial arts to protect myself and trained me to have a decent physical body.

“I’m going to apply some rubbing alcohol.”

 

“Hey wait a minute—Ouch!”

 

"Be gentle, please!"

“Don’t be a wuss, Shiny.”

 

She did apply the rubbing alcohol a bit more gently now. It reminded me of those days.

 

“There, now let me put the bandages on.”

 

She was careful and delicate, I guess she did have this side to her. Back then, she was all gung-ho and always fighting. If anyone hurt me, they had to go through her.

 

"How the hell did you break the punching bag, Shiny? Dad can barely push it with his strength."

 

"I put a little bit too much force and it cut open, I'm stronger than I was back then, alright?"

 

"The Shiny I know is a weak wuss, maybe getting older did affect you. And don't bring up those times, dummy."

 

She was smiling as she tended to me and I was reminded of what I was fighting for. I smiled and when she was done and got up to go get some rest.

 

"You better explain to Mom and Dad tomorrow, Shiny."

 

“Yeah, I know Rish, don’t worry about me and don’t eat too much cake.”

 

"Hey! Don't watch me when I eat, you creep!"

 

She flicked my head and started to walk to her room. Hmm, hmm, always worried are ya, sis? Well, I needed some rest so I got up after healing myself a bit with the Lightning Transformation skills.

 

“Dummy, don’t make me worry like that again!”

 

She yelled out from behind her door as I walked up to my room. Always a sucker for the younger one she is.

 

That last skill I used to break the bag was 「Ride The Lightning」; I could kick 5 times a second and I hit it a bit too hard when I got excited.

 

"I am going to get stronger; No God or Demon will stop me from reaching the top."

 

[Achievement Unlocked | Bond of Lightning]

 

Achievement? I don't think the original system had these? 'System Open.'

 

[Bond of Lightning | Passive Title]

[Elemental damage is boosted by 15% when fighting with allies]

 

It looks like this achievement system granted me a pseudo-passive skill to use. This could be a little too strong for me, but it can't be easy to unlock them. Thanks to my sister and our memories, I was able to get stronger again.

 

'Another reason to keep going.'

 

It seems the journey ahead of me is long and will be hard. I will make my own path. The world that I saw and endured won’t go to waste this time, things will change, for the better.

 

Hullo again! Thanks for reading the chapter! I hope you guys are excited. I’m making a social media page, a discord server, and special art and snippets for you guys to see on those pages. Stay tuned for the next one!

3