Chapter 9|ESSE
20 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I only know of a couple organizations who were active before the “awakening.” I wasn’t sure which one this girl was from, she didn’t have any indications as to where she had come from. I didn’t remember anyone like this back in the future.

 

“Hey! Let me go already!”

 

“Sorry I can’t do anything about the paralyzation, I’ll just take you to the nurse’s office.”

 

I walked over to her and put her on my back. I used to do it for my sister whenever she got hurt after fighting. She smelled like the blue roses that my grandfather had over at his house in Hakone. 

 

“Put me down! This is embarrassing!”

 

“Shut up already, do you want everyone to know two highschoolers were fighting with weapons?”

 

“Fine…”

 

She laid her head onto my shoulders and I looked back to see her blushing. Hmph. That’s what you get for trying to test me. 

 

‘Lightning Bond|Rest Hand’

 

“Hey what’re you doin-?!”

 

“Just sleep dummy.”

 

Rest Hand was a skill I used to fall asleep easily back in the future.. It relaxed all the Ether Circuits in the body and effectively knocked you out to sleep. It had to be good for you since it acted as a sleeping pill that virtually had no side-effects.

 

“Stupid girli, if you wanted to learn about me, shoulda just asked instead of starting to fight me right off the bat.”

 

I thought she was going to discuss my powers with me. I didn’t know that she had powers of her own. Truly, I had to be careful now. Organizations in the area were definitely gonna take notice of my proficiency, She’s probably a top-tier agent for one. 

 

I walked into the nurse’s office and looked inside. A note was on the office door that the nurse was going to be out for an hour and that the medical supplies were out on the table.

“Good, I can wait here on my own.”

 

I set her down onto one of the beds and pulled the curtain dividers around her. She was soundly asleep, she kinda reminded me of Rish when I brought her home after those long days. She had short purple hair in a razor-cut hairstyle with pink highlights. She had free-falling bangs that mostly covered her left eye and one long strand of hair on the right side of her face. Overall, she was kind of cute, and I remember what had happened earlier and I turned away.

 

“I’m not cut out for this kind of stuff.”

 

I opened my backpack and pulled out the apple I had from lunch. It was as good a time as ever for me to eat a little bit while I waited for her to wake up. I got up and went to the sink to wash the apple and grabbed a knife and plate out of the cabinet below. 

 

I started cutting the apples into the usual Rabbit shape I did for my sister and the shape she’d do for me whenever I was hurt or sick. It was funny as I always cut them this way even ten years into my future.

 

It was a bittersweet thing for me that reminded me of who I was. As soon as I finished cutting the apples I got up to sit next to her again. Fair enough, she was still sleeping. I put the plate of rabbit apples on the small table next to the bed.

I opened up the System Window and checked if there were any updates.

 

['Scenario Cleared! You've beaten your first C+ Class Schwalbe! Here are your rewards.']

 

  1. All Stats Up by 2 points
  2. Xcell Arc Enhancement
  3. Lightning Bond: Rewrite

 

 [Accept Rewards Y/N]

 

I clicked the ‘Yes’ Button immediately. The stat increase wasn’t as high as before, but it was sufficient. I wasn’t gonna receive experience points for a while since the “awakening” was close, but skills and upgrades are always welcome. I checked the details for “Rewrite,” It was a defensive skill that made me intangible for five seconds. It seemed that the cool down time was very long. I could only use it once per battle.

 

“Mmph. Father…”

 

I turned away from the System screen and it seemed that she was in a bit of pain. I put my hand on her head and raised my hand to mine. Hm. A slight fever. The weather has been kind of bad, plus she must have overexerted her Ether Energy. She must have fought another monster or Schwalbe without resting well enough. It’s probably okay if I watch over her for a little longer.

I called my sister and told her I was going to stay a little longer at school. She seemed worried, but I had some business to attend, so I told her it was only for today. Now that I have regained enough energy to use Blue Pill on her, it should alleviate her fever and replenish some energy.

 

‘Lightning Bond | Blue Pill’

 

I placed my hand on her head and it seemed to steady her breathing. I checked her temperature again and it was stable as well. Good thing I was able to get rid of her fever. Blue Pill was a useful skill for healing. I pulled out a book to read for my English Class, as well as my headphones, and I waited for a little longer.

 

It seemed the Nurse wasn’t coming back as it had already been an hour. I heard some noise and closed my book. It seemed she was well-rested enough to get up. I took off my headphones and looked at her.

 

“Finally up Sleeping Beauty?”

 

“What did you do? Did you touch me?!”

 

She held her body while looking at me, pointing daggers with her eyes.

 

“No, I’m a decent enough guy to not touch a helpless girl as she sleeps.”

 

“Oh really? Then where’s my ID?”

 

“It should be with you probably, I never searched you or anything.”

 

She checked her pocket and sure enough her wallet was there untouched. I winked at her to see if I could get a reaction.

 

“You’re a creep Shinjeo. The only thing I can see that’s good about you is the way you fight.”

 

“Oh, what’s your name, I can’t just keep thinking of you as ‘the girl’ now can I?”

 

“It’s Megurin Hiiragi.”

 

“Hm, Miss Hiiragi then?”

 

“Whatever, call me anything, most of my friends call me Hira.”

 

“I’ll just call you Mistress Hiiragi.”

“Drop the title or die.”

 

“Fine Hiiragi.”

 

She tried to grab me, but she fell back in pain.

 

“Woah there, My skill still hasn’t fully worn off, Blue Pill should mend your wounds slowly.”

 

“You have a healing skill too? And, you can use it on others?”

 

“It’s a skill that helps you to heal, it’s not as effective as genuine healing skills.”

 

“You’re a very peculiar one Shinjeo.”

 

“Just sit down, I cut some apples for you.”

 

I grabbed the apples off of the table and handed them to her. I put them in her lap and asked her the question I’ve been wanting to ask.

 

“Which organization are you from?”

 

“ESSE. Enigmatic Secular Seraph Experimentals.”

 

My heart dropped as I heard that, ESSE was the organization I joined during my early years.

 

 

Oooo, new plot point! We finally have the girl’s name! Megurin Hiiragi will be illustrated soon. Enjoy reading the next chapters!

 

 

2