Chapter 3
64 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    “ Good day, Scholar Mikael,” I curtsied.

     “You must be his daughter,” he took a glass of wine from a passing servant.

     “Ah yes I am but Sir if I may say I am a big fan of your book,”

     “ you are?” he took a sip.“I would love for the genius to bless me with her opinion,”

And that’s how we started talking for almost an hour until he suddenly said

“I’m so sad to do this, it seems like my reports were true about you, seriously you are a genius and to start making those devices from a young age,” I became bewildered.

“My family doesn’t even know about those, how could …”

“How could you say those things, you insolent girl!!!!” The glass from his hand fell crashing into the floor, several men quickly apologized and took him away to appease his anger, my father being was one of those men.

I was taken into an empty room to await the consequences. Hours later my father burst into the room and started slapping my face.

     “How could you abuse the prince moreover criticize the scholars' work, you have disgraced me.”  He continued hitting me all over my body until he got tired afterward told his servants to take me to lock me up in ours. As I reached home a day later, I was immediately taken to the dungeon to suffer.

     Neither my mother nor brother Egbert came to see me only brother Clayton came, for a few seconds looking at me with contempt saying,

“How could you disobey father,” he left even though I was trying to defend my self.

     Sitting on the molded bed I l remembered something like this once happened when I first came here, I messed up badly, they locked me up for a month with food that could only feed a rat. During that time even when I was spewed blood, no one bothered but the moment my punishment ended everything, went back to normal like a reset button. Which, is making me wonder if I should serve my penalty but I feel like if I stayef it would be the end of me.

     Two days went by with no food and only bathing water to quench my taste. I couldn’t bear this again I had to escape. So I used all the hidden money I had on my body to bribe some guards to give me sheets, tying up the sheets, from one end to another until it was long enough to climb from bars to land.

     At night I stealthily climbed down but a guard noticed, he ran to call the others. So I also ran with all of my might into the forest. There were moments i wanted to slow down but the guards were getting closer, hence I couldn't stop running until the coast was clear.

     After a few hours of silence, I tried to find a way out of the forest, but all I met were trees and trees and it was getting late. I looked for shelter eventually finding a cave, scouting the cave I found, a wolf waking up from his slumber it was a chance to satisfy my hunger and get shelter. I pounced on wolf quickly, locking his neck with my arm. He smashed me against the walls but, I failed to let loose no matter how many times he jumped or smashed, I didn't let go, I used a rock to hit his head until he stopped any movement.

           I went about fetching tree branches to ignite a fire. Going back to the wolf, I tore its skin using a sharp stone I found in the cave washed it near a river for a sleeping cover. As for the wolf meat, I sliced it into chunks to wash it in the river that I found slightly salty when I drank it earlier. The remaining tree branches I used to build something like a table so that I can keep the meat there. 

     At night I ate some roasted meat, and it was delicious probably because I hadn't eaten for a long time.  Two weeks went by until the wolf meat finished, luckily enough I just finished carving a spear and a dagger to use for hunting.

Back in the freemanes' home

Everywhere was silent because if the servants made a single noise, they would face the masters' wrath. And, the dungeon guards that were to watch Elise were either killed or expelled for losing her.

1