Chapter 13
692 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Alright, here we go.”(Saito)

I said while standing in front of the guild. I go inside. Just like yesterday, the situation inside the guild is really noisy filled with adventurers. When I look around, I see there are some adventurers who took a paper from a big board with many papers on it. Seeing that, it is obvious that board is the quest board. But, because I still don’t really understand how the guild works and I still can’t read, I go to the counter to find Greenwood-san to get some quests instead. Just like yesterday, I see many adventurers queuing in front of Orcea, and no one is queuing in front of Greenwood-san. And worse, Greenwood-san is looking really gloomy.

“Good morning, Greenwood-san.”(Saito)

“A-ah!!! Saito-san. Good morning.”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san said while putting on her best smile. Though, from my point of view, it is more like a wry smile. Though I said that, it’s not like I can help her, besides considering I only know her yesterday, I don’t even have any right to intrude. So with that said, I decided to just mind my own business for now.

“U-um.., Saito-san!!! I’m sorry!!!”(Lunalitte)

“Eh?”(Saito)

Greenwood-san suddenly bowed her head to me.

“Greenwood-san, please raise your head. Why are you suddenly apologizing?”(Saito)

“W-well, that’s because I recommend that inn to you, t-that is why I’m sorry.”(Lunalitte)

‘So, that’s why. Well, considering how beautiful the girls who stay at the inn, for her to apologize are normal.’

After all, even though that inn is heaven on earth for me, but for the people of this world, that inn is hell on earth. And sometimes, there are irrational people like that who feel like they are being insulted just because they are recommended to stay at that inn.

“Don’t worry about it Greenwood-san, in fact I should be thanking you since I like staying at that inn. Not just it is cheap, the foods are great, Marina-san and Anne are really kind as well.”(Saito)

“R-really?”(Lunalitte)

“Yes, that’s why, don’t worry about it.”(Saito)

“I-I understand.”(Lunalitte)

“Anyway, Greenwood-san, can you recommend me some quests?”(Saito)

I asked her. It’s not like I forgot about my objective for healing magic, but because I want to get a quest done before the sun sets, that is why I will ask about healing magic after I’m done with the quest instead. Also, the guild provides something like a survey system where the clients of the quest can grade their satisfactions. What’s more these grades will even affect adventurer’s rank. That’s why I want to do a quest which suits me the most, so I can increase the probability of getting good grades.

“I see, then how about this one?”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san place a paper on the desk then tell me about the quest. It actually came from the guild. The quest is to find a kind of herbs which is usually used to make normal healing potion. The guild usually stocks up on this healing potion for emergency situation. Because the herbs can be easily found at the front of the forest, east of the capital, the guild decided to make a quest for beginner adventurers to collect the herb. This way, not just it will decrease the price of the healing potions, it will also help beginners understand the geography around the capital and help measuring beginners’ capability as an adventurer.

“I think this is the most suitable one for Saito-san considering Saito-san’s situation.”(Lunalette)

‘Well, I guess that’s true, after all considering my current situation, this quest will help me a lot. I guess I’ll just take this quest instead.’

I thought. At first, I’m actually planning to get some quests which can help me increase my healing magic so I can reach increase my healing magic to a suitable level. But, I thought maybe it is better to take the quest Greenwood-san suggested since it will help to familiarize myself with places around the capital and increase my common knowledge and experience. What’s more, because this quest came from the guild with beginners as consideration, the penalties for failing the quests or getting bad grades aren’t too severe.

 “I understand. I’ll take this quest then. But can you give me a reference on how the herb looks like or maybe its’ unique characteristics?”(Saito)

“Understood.”(Lunalette)

Greenwood-san then shows me what the herb looks like and gives me a detailed explanation about the herb and some tips.

“That’s all.”(Lunalette)

Greenwood-san said to me while smiling brightly like a goddess.

“I-I see.”(Saito)

As for me, my head feels like fuming because of how many things I have to remember from Greenwood-san’s explanations. Then the notifications appear again before me. Just like before again, I give it a quick read and close it since the only difference from the quest paper is that the quest will give me 10 CP. After that, I give Greenwood-san my gratitude while giving my best smile.

“Thank you for your help Greenwood-san.”(Saito)

“N-no, there is no need to thank me. After all, it is part of my job.”(Lunalette)

She said flusteringly while having a red face.

‘So, this is how it feels being handsome.’

I thought. Though she said it is part of her job, I doubt there are that many people who will took the trouble of giving those detailed explanations and tips.

“Ah! By the way, Saito-san, you still don’t have a weapon or any equipment at all right? While this quest should be safe and you should be alright even if you don’t have a weapon, I still think it is better for you to buy a weapon or at least an armor. After all, there is no telling what might happen.”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san warned me. Since I never thought I will take this kind of quest, the thought of buying equipment almost pass me by.

“I see. Then Greenwood-san, can you recommend me a good weapons shop around here?”(Saito)

I said while feeling troubled. Though I feel bad for troubling Greenwood-san again, but right now I don’t have a choice. After all, beggars can’t be choosers. Then Greenwood-san tells me a weapon shop she knows. And just like usual, the notifications appear again so I do the usual thing, a quick read and close.

“Well then, with that said, please be careful and good luck on your quest.”(Lunalette)

“Yes. I’m going.”(Saito)

I said confidently. And with that, I begin to make my way to the weapon shop as the first step of my first quest as an adventurer.

10