Chapter 20
549 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Tch.”(Orcea)

Even though the sound is small, there is no doubt that Orcea clicked her tongue just now. And so, to save myself from the source of my troubles which is Orcea. I quickly greet Greenwood-san to initiate conversations with her and include her into this sorry excuse of a discussion.

“Good morning Greenwood-san.”(Saito)

“S-Saito-san! G-good morning!”(Lunalitte)

She returned my greeting while bowing her head.

“By the way, Greenwood-san, if it’s okay with you can I ask for your help right now?”(Saito)

“My help?”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san wears an expression of wondering of what I talk about.

“Yes, actually, can you recommend a quest for me?”(Lunalitte)

Hearing what I said, Orcea quickly interferes.

“Hey! Wait a sec boy! Why are you asking this ugly for a quest when I already give you my recommendation!?”(Orcea)

Yep, as I thought, she got angry about it. After all, asking Greenwood-san for recommendation and rejects Orcea’s has the same meaning as telling people that Greenwood-san is better than Orcea-san. And for Orcea, such thing is obviously the most shameful thing more than anything. Especially considering everyone can hear our talks right now. And of course, I also know that my actions right now will actually make Greenwood-san’s position in the guild even worse.

‘Even so…’

I really hate Orcea after all. She is definitely the kind of person I hate the most since she is selfish. Worse, even though she completely understands that her actions are actually hurting people, she doesn’t care at all and will still do it without even batting an eye. All because in this world, she is beautiful. And because of that, she can get away with it. That is why, I think she should at least get what she deserved at least once. And in the first place, even though this will hurt Greenwood-san, there is still possibility that this can actually boosts Greenwood-san’s confidence.

‘No, that’s not it.’

I quickly deny what I just thought.

‘In the end, it is just my selfishness.’

That is biggest reason that appeared in my mind. It is not because of some noble reason like wanting to help people or anything like that. After all, I am not a protagonist. That is why, I don’t have a kind heart which always think about others and always want to save others. For me, those things are nothing more but bullshits and excuses to show off so I feel better.

‘But, even so I will do it.’

Because I’ve already decided long before I get a chance to be transmigrated to the other world. I’ve already decided that when I get cheat power and transmigrated to another world, that I will no longer just spend my time thinking about any kind of possibilities of my actions anymore. Instead, I will do what I want as much as possible so that I won’t regret anything like in the previous world.

“I’m sorry Orcea-san, but I still think that the quest you recommended for me is not suitable for me.”(Saito)

Unlike usually, this time I said it with a serious expression instead of smiling.

 “Wha-!?”(Orcea)

Right now, Orcea’s face which is already ugly for me becomes even uglier than usual. And it makes me feel exhilarated. After a few seconds, it looks like she managed to calm herself a little.

“I-I see. If that’s so then let’s change the quest. How about this one? This quest is a quest to kill great wolf. If you take this quest and complete it, you will get definitely get promoted to C rank.”(Orcea)

I read the details of the quest Orcea shows me and sure enough, just like the goblin nest quest, this one also requires a party and what’s more it is required that a member of the party is a C rank. Seeing that, I can only get even more amazed with her stupidity. Even Greenwood-san has an expression like she can’t believe what she is seeing right now.

“*Sigh*, I’m sorry Orcea-san, but I can’t accept that quest.”(Saito)

“Wha-!? What do you mean you can’t accept this quest!?”(Orcea)

Hearing how she is asking for explanation is making me more pissed off.

‘I guess there is no other way but to say it to her face.’

“Orcea-san, I can’t accept this quest because this is a C rank quest and it requires a party with a C rank member. Also, from what happened yesterday, you should’ve already known that I even have a hard time against one horned rabbit. In other words, for the current me, this quest is completely out of my league.”(Saito)

 “That’s why I will-”(Orcea)

I quickly interject her.

“If your solution is to introduce me to a party to finish the quest, then I still have to refuse the quest. After all, the party I joined will only get disadvantages since they will have to protect me because I’m sure the differences in skills are too big and also have their rewards cut for my share. As for me, let’s just say that I managed to finish this quest and rank up to C, after I get my rank up, there is a big possibility that I will have trouble completing the quest since my capability hasn’t risen up to the standard. And worse, it will give bad image to the guild.”(Saito)

“Ugh…”(Orcea)

Orcea completely doesn’t talk back anymore.

 “And so, that’s how it is Greenwood-san. So, can you recommend me a quest?”(Saito)

“Eh!? U-um…”(Lunalitte)

I turned to Greenwood-san. Her face is showing she is confused and doesn’t know what to do with the situation right now while stealing glances at Orcea only to see her frustrated expression.

“Kh…! THIS IS STUPID!!!”(Orcea)

After shouting like that, Orcea then goes away. And thus, I have managed to free myself from the clutches of the evil pig queen. Just kidding. Now, moving on.

“So Greenwood-san, please recommend a quest for me.”(Saito)

“E-eh!? Y-yes!”(Lunalitte)

I asked Greenwood-san first to get back on track. After that, Greenwood-san recommended me a quest which just like always, suits my current rank.

“Thanks, Greenwood-san. I’ll be going now.”(Saito)

“Yes. But, um, Saito-san, please be careful since because of what happened just now you might get in some troubles.”(Greenwood-san)

“What do you mean?”, I won’t ask that since just from looking at my surroundings, it is already obvious what Greenwood-san talking about.

“Yes, Greenwood-san too, you should also be careful.”(Saito)

I warned her since it’s obvious Orcea will definitely bully her later. I turn around and begin to make my way to meet the client, but after walking just a few steps from the counter, I completely stop on my tracks since I just remembered something.

“Greenwood-san.”(Saito)

I turned around and called her.

“Yes?”(Lunalitte)

I remember that I still haven’t apologized to her about how rude I am yesterday when reporting the quest.

“Um…, that is…, no, it’s nothing. See you later then.”(Saito)

“Yes, see you later and good luck.”(Lunalitte)

In the end, I didn’t apologize to her since I feel like it’ll be awkward if I suddenly apologize like that even though she’s just acting like always and doesn’t mention anything about it.

‘*Sigh*, why does apologizing have to be so hard?’’

I resume my steps toward my client while having that thought weights on my mind.

7