Chapter 25
523 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh, if it isn’t Marina-san!”(Saito)

I called Marina-san nonchalantly while smiling without minding the situation around me right now.

“S-Saito-san?”(Marina)

“What are you doing here Marina-san?”(Saito)

Then I quickly continued without letting her answering me.

“Ah, could it be that you were shopping? But, it looks like you were already done huh? Actually, since I’m also planning to go back to the inn. Let’s go back together. I’ll carry the groceries for you.”(Saito)

I quickly put all of the scattered groceries back into Marina-san’s basket then took her hand and quickly go. But, after walking just a few steps....

“Hey! Wait a sec! Where do you think you’re going?”(Glorg)

Glorg which is the impostor of the Brave Knight shouted and stopped me.

“Tch.”(Saito)

I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

 ‘Guess it won’t be that easy after all, huh?’

I thought. I was planning to get away together with Marina-san while everyone got surprised and completely in a blank state of mind. Though this makes me sound like a narcissist, right now, I am a handsome guy. Though, I don’t know how much handsome I am compared to the other guys in this world, at least, I am handsome enough to make every girls who pass by me to turn their eyes on me and blush. That is why I was acting in a completely not suitable ways with the current atmosphere of this place. Add the the absurdity of how a handsome guy is actually chatting so happily with an ugly girl and even invite her to go together and take her by hand, the impact increased even more. Though, in the end, the plan still failed since Glorg managed to stop me and that cause everyone to gain their sense back.

‘Looks like this guy is not that much of an idiot. …Well, guess there’s no other way. I’ve got to deal with this upfront.’

I thought while still feeling annoyed since now I have to settle this matter completely.

“From the looks of things, it looks like you know that monster. Well, I don’t really care, anyway, so nii-chan, why don’t you just go away from here and finish your own business? After all, if you actually intend to get in my way and help that monster then this Brave Knight-sama will have no choice but to deal with you too.”(Glorg)

Glorg said to me arrogantly while threatening me. Though, considering from how I plan dealing with this matter, I really don’t have any right to get annoyed or angry about it.

“You know, I’ve been thinking about this, but why are you calling Marina-san a monster?”(Saito)

I tried to talk to Glorg while smiling and in a friendly manner, trying to make the proper timing to commence my plan since I think it is better if Glorg think I am nothing more but a weakling. Glorg replies my question.

“Why, you said? Just look carefully at her. Just one look and it is already obvious that only monsters can have that kind of appearance. Or wait, could it be that you are actually blind? Gahahahahaha!!!!”(Glorg)

Glorg said while mocking me as if I was asking a stupidly obvious question.

“Hmmm, even if you say that, I still don’t understand what part of Marina-san looks like a monster.”(Saito)

I said in a friendly manner, making sure that I don’t provoke them. Then I continue.

“Anyway, rather than that, there is something which caught my interest about what you said before, so there is something I want to ask you.”(Saito)

I quickly try change the topic of the conversations. I continue.

“You said before that you are the Brave Knight, right?”(Saito)

“Yeah, so?”(Glorg)

He immediately replied to my question without realizing that he just took the bait.

“Well, you see, it’s just that I happened to hear some rumors and because of that I’m not so sure that you really are the Brave Knight.”(Saito)

When I said that, the Goon suddenly shouts angrily at me.

“You brat!!! What are you trying to say here!? Are you accusing aniki is actually just an imposter!? How dare you!!!”(Goon)

When the goon said that, I quickly reply to him.

“Now, now, please calm down. I’m sorry for saying rude things, but it’s just that because of the rumors I heard, it’s only normal for one to feel worried, after all, if the rumor I heard is true then it will be possible for criminals like bandits or serial killers to disguise themselves as adventurer and not found out.”(Saito)

I said then I look at Glorg to check his reaction to what I said.

‘Hmm…, I don’t see any changes, but considering with how people pointed out that I am quite dense in the previous world, it might be just me not noticing.’

But after a while, I managed to think up an idea.

‘Libra.’

Once again I used Libra on Glorg, but this time I use it not to check his status, instead I use it to try to check Glorg’s emotional condition. After all, Libra should be able to let me get any information from my targets, so in conclusion I should be able to find out Glorg’s emotional condition. And surely enough, I managed to find out about it.

Emotions
-----------------------
Annoyed
A Little Anxious

 What’s more, not just showing Glorg’s emotional conditions, next to that, it actually also shows Glorg’s heartbeats in numbers like those things you see in ICU room. And according to the information Libra provided, right now Glorg’s heartbeats are increased a little.

‘Wow, it is more detailed than I thought.’

I thought feeling impressed. Since it is useless to keep talking with the goon, I decided to continue the conversation by talking to Glorg instead.

“Anyway, Brave Knight-sama, can you please show us all the proof that you are indeed as you claimed? After all, everything will be solved after you proved yourself.”(Saito)

I pushed Glorg even more to make sure he doesn’t have a chance to regain his thinking to come up with some excuses.

“You brat!!! Aniki, since this brat keeps doubting you, let’s just quickly show the undeniable proof that you really are the Brave Knight”(Goon)

The goon interjects me. Without the goon knowing, he helped increase the pressure on Glorg.

“Fine, fine, I’ll show the proof to you.”(Glorg)

Glorg said while acting lazily like he will do something troublesome. Though by seeing his heartbeat, I realize there is another increase.

“Feast your eyes on this!”(Glorg)

Glorg took out a shining plate in front of me. Just from seeing it, it is obvious that plate is the adventurer plate which adventurers used for their identifications.

“Behold the proof of an A rank adventurer, the mythril plate!!!”(Glorg)

After Glorg said that, the plate suddenly shines a little then a shining symbol appears in the surface of the plate.

“Ooooohhhhh!!!!”(People)

Because of that, people surrounding us got even more excited and begin to talk among themselves again.

“Oooohhhhh!!!! As expected of aniki!!! See that you brat!!! That mythril plate is more than enough to prove it!!!”(Goon)

The goon said to me. Though honestly, I still don’t understand why that is more than enough proof. So, to get more information I try to use Libra again and it turns out that every adventurer’s plate can only let out that symbol when it is hold by its’ user.

‘I see, well, I didn’t expect that.’

I was surprised because when I had just registered, Greenwood-san only told me that the plates are used to identify dead adventurer by checking the adventurer’s mana which is stored inside the two plates.

‘Well, not like it actually change anything that much though.’

After that, I was planning to say that the adventurer’s plate is still not enough proof by pretending that the information I got from using Libra is the rumor I happened to hear about. But, when I was about to open my mouth, suddenly someone shouts.

“Hey!!! What is going on here!? Let me through!!!!”(???)

I heard a familiar voice from behind the crowd. When I heard that shout, I know for sure that voice belongs to the kind bearded man who gave my feet something to wear when I first got to this town. Then, I see there are people among the crowds who are opening a path giving way to the person who shouted just now. And as I thought, the one who shouted just now is Mr. Bork, the captain of the knights stationed at the town’s gate.

8