Chapter 30
469 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh, good morning Saito-kun.”(Marina)

“Good morning Marina-san.”(Saito)

Just like yesterday, Marina-san greets me the moment she saw me coming down. Then, I go to one of the nearest table. Just like yesterday, I can feel every woman in the surrounding is staring at me with fervent gaze right now, although this time there is something which bothers me.

“I-it’s the Prince.”(Girl A)

“The Prince looks absolutely stunning again today.”(Girl B)

“… So that is the Prince. ♡”(Girl C)

“*Sigh* It’s useless she’s completely lost it.”(Girl D)

I don’t know if they realized it or not, but I actually have been hearing their whisperings since earlier. What bothers me from hearing their whisperings is how they have been saying Prince over and over while staring at me.

‘Could it be, this Prince is supposed to be me?’

“Here is your food.”(Marina)

Just when I lost in my thought, suddenly marina-san is standing in front of me while placing foods on my table.

“Ah, thank you.”(Saito)

I reflexively said to Marina-san. When I see the foods on the table, I realized that there are more foods compared to yesterday. I got confused, so I decided to ask Marina-san.

“Ummm, Marina-san, I think there are more foods compared to yesterday’s breakfasts?”(Saito)

I tried to be as subtle as possible so that I don’t come out as rude.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. I just want to thank you for your help yesterday.”(Marina)

“I see, but, Marina-san, yesterday you also gave me extras for last night’s dinner as your way of showing gratitude as well, right?”(Saito)

 I told her about how she had already showed me her gratitude last night for coming to her rescue from yesterday’s incident with Glorg.

“Well, yes, but actually that is not the only thing I am feeling thankful for, you know? After all, if it wasn’t for your help I and Anne might die after all.”(Marina)

I feel like Marina-san is exaggerating things too much, but I cannot say that to her when I look at her serious expression.

“Fufu, you’re thinking I am just exaggerating right?”(Marina)

“Eh!?”(Saito)

“Fufufu, you really are so easy to read Saito-san.”(Marina)

I got surprised since Marina-san has just guessed my thoughts correctly. Then, she teased me again just like yesterday.

“But, you know, I am not exaggerating. After all, you are there Saito-san and you had seen it for yourself that among those people, there isn’t anyone who really considers me as a human.”(Marina)

What Marina-san said makes me remember how disgusted I felt at how those people from yesterday’s incident acted.

“And that is why, honestly, I think you’re quite weird Saito-san.”(Marina-san)

“Huh?”(Saito)

I feel confused from what Marina-san suddenly said to me.

“I mean, that’s how people normally treat me and Anne, yet Saito-san, from the first time we met, you have always treated me and Anne like normal women from the first time we met. What’s more you even risked your own safety to save me. That is why you are quite weird…. But, it is exactly because of that weirdness of yours that I can truly feel happy and smile again right now.”(Marina)

Marina-san said to me while having a gentle smile on her face. I am completely smitten by her smile, it’s like a goddess has appeared in front of me. Fortunately, I managed to regain myself after a moment.

‘Ugh…., I really am the worst human being, aren’t I?’

I feel really guilty right now, from hearing what Marina-san has just said since in the first place, I am not being kind towards Marina-san and Anne because of who they really are, but it is because for me, they are actually beautiful girls. Because of this talk, I feel really pressured from the atmosphere which is created from it, so I try to forcefully change the topic.

“By the way, Marina-san.”(Saito)

“Yes?”(Marina)

“I’ve been hearing everyone here talking about this Prince thing, but what exactly is it about?”(Saito)

I managed to change the topic by asking Marina-san about what everyone has been talking about so I also can confirm whether this Prince thing they have been talking about has anything to do with me or not.

“Oh, …well, I guess considering you are the one they are talking about, it is normal for you to not know anything.”(Marina)

“So, this Prince really is me, huh?”(Saito)

I concluded from hearing what Marina-san has just said. As for how this title became attached to me, it is obviously because for them, I am handsome man. Other than that, from what Marina-san told me, it is because of how friendly I am towards Marina-san and Anne. And apparently, my reputation also further increased just because there is this one time I acted like a gentleman by letting a girl who happens to be a tenant of this inn to go in first before me.

“Seriously? Just because of that?”(Saito)

I said while feeling a little troubled, though honestly deep inside my heart, I also feel a little happy.

“Fufu, well, it might be just a small thing for you Saito-san, but just being able to talk with a handsome man like you is already a miracle you know. Even for me, right now, I feel like I am really fortunate to be able to talk to you like this. After all, usually people won’t even bother to just have daily conversations me.”(Marina)

“I-I see.”(Saito)

‘Shit.’

Somehow or another, the topic of the conversation have managed to make its’ way back just like before, so once again I try to change the topic again.

“O-oh, when I look around, I realize that there are more customers today.”(Saito)

I mentioned to Marina-san how there are more people in here than yesterday. Since from when I was still in the previous world, I have always been good at remembering people’s faces. That’s why it is easy for me to realize that there are faces I have never seen in here before.

“Well, it’s all thanks to you, Saito-san.”(Marina)

“Huh?”(Saito)

I feel confused from hearing what Marina-san said.

“It is because of yesterday’s incidents. Because you rescued me, there are even more people who recognize you and hear about you being called Prince.”(Marina)

“Seriously? *sigh*”(Saito)

I said while sighing and making a troubled face. Marina-san who see my expressions then says to me with apologetic expression.

“I’m sorry about this. Because of me, it looks like things have become troublesome for you.”(Marina)

“Eh, n-no, there is no need for Marina-san to apologize, it’s not Marina-san’s fault after all.”(Saito)

I quickly assured her.

“I see, but Saito-san if it is troubling you, please do tell me. I should be able to do something about it.”(Marina)

“Okay, thank you Marina-san.”(Saito)

Marina-san told me after feeling relieved from what said to her. Then, I hear a voice from one of the customers wanting to order.

“Ah, yes. Well then, I should also get back to work now. After all, it has become really busy right now.”(Marina)

From the looks of it, things have become really busy because of the increase of the customers to the point even Anne has a hard time dealing with the customers alone. After Marina-san left to continue her works and help Anne dealing with the customers, I try to eat my breakfast as fast as possible since I really don’t like the feeling of being stared by the people around me. After I finished my breakfast, I’ve decided to go to the guild to take some quests again since I need some CP right now. When I have just stood up from my chair, I suddenly remembered an important thing which I need to do before heading out. And that is saving, so I open my save menu and save on a new slot just to be safe. After that, I finally head out and make my way to the guild.

9