Chapter 31
440 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Uurgh…, so it really turns out like this after all.’

Right now, I’m in front of the guild’s quest board, feeling pressured by the stares from the surrounding men around me. As for why, that is because the stares this time is completely on a whole different level compared to the usual. Previously, the stares of the men are filled with hatred and jealousy, but that is all there is to it. But this time, when I come inside the guild, all of the men immediately stare at me like I am their arch nemesis who has massacred their whole families.

‘If someone attacks me from behind right now, I don’t think I will be surprised. …I should quickly get the quest I need and get the hell out of here.’

I try to browse through the board to find the quest which I find suitable as fast as possible. After a few minutes, my eyes landed on a gathering herb quest which I think it should be just like the first quest that I had done a few days ago from the title of the quest and the picture of the herb. Then I read the contents of the quest just to make sure there is no troublesome things about the quest which prevents me from taking it.

‘Alright, there should be no problem.’

After I make sure everything looks fine from reading the contents of the quest, I reached out my right hand to take the paper. Suddenly, before my right hand even manages to touch the paper, someone besides me suddenly swipe the paper right in front of me.

“Wha-!?”(Saito)

I reflexively reacted and turn my head to the side to see the person who swiped the paper. And standing there is a burly man with an annoyed expression on his face.

“What!? You got a problem!?”(Burly Man)

The man suddenly said to me with angry tone. I got a little annoyed from how unpleasant the man is.

“…Nothing.”(Saito)

I answered the man without sounding annoyed as best as possible.

“*Snicker* Heh.”(Burly Man)

The burly man left me while smiling and looking down on me. From seeing that expression I got even more irritated, but I still decided to hold it in.

‘Tch, I didn’t even say anything.’

I thought while still feeling irritated at the burly man. Of course, I know that the man is looking down on me because I didn’t fight him for the quest I chose. But considering how weak I am right now, unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it. Besides, even if I decided to pick a fight with that man, I will get myself in even more danger since there is no doubt that all of the men inside this guild will become that man’s allies and turn into my enemies.                                                                                                                                             

‘*Sigh* Anyway, it’s no use to just stand around and keep brooding over it. Let’s just try to find other quest to do.’

Then I am back to browsing the board again to find another quest I can do.

“*Sigh*~~~.”(Saito)

Right now, I am on my way back to the inn. As for what happened, it is because I can’t get any quest I can do. It is not like I can’t find any quest at all, after all I managed to find many quests which are on my rank, but the problem is I can’t take the quests because there are always other people who swiped the quest from me every time I was about to take the quest.

‘But seriously, to think that even the staffs are also getting in my way.’

“*Sigh*~~~.”(Saito)

Since the quests I was about to take always get swiped by others, I tried to ask the staffs to give me a quest. At that point, I was even prepared to accept a really gross or absurd quest from their recommendations as long as it matches my ability and I still get money, but I completely underestimated the absurdness of these people.

‘At least, make a better excuse if you’re gonna lie.’

When I asked the guild staffs for a quest, they actually had the gall to say that they don’t have any other quest but on the board. Then, when I had walked a little away from the counter, I see the staff I had asked give a quest to the next adventurer after me. Then, I quickly try to ask that guild staff about it, but in the end that guild staff still said that there are no other quest but on the board which suit my rank. At this point, I actually already know that the guild staff was lying, but since I can do nothing about it, I decided to just ask other guild staffs. But, it turned out the other staffs were also doing the same thing. I even tried to flirt as best as I can to the female staffs, but then there are always male staffs who are ready to prevent me from continue talking with the female staffs. And since Greenwood-san wasn’t at the counter that time, I was all out of options and couldn’t think of anything else I can do to get a quest. So, I finally decided to give up on getting a quest and just go back to the inn to do healing service for the rest of the day rather than wasting my time at the guild trying to get a quest.

“Hm, Saito? What’s wrong? Do you forget something?”(Anne)

When I finally arrived at the inn and go inside, the first person I find is Anne who asked me. Since it still hasn’t even reached noon, the inn is not in its’ busiest hour and there aren’t that much customers. Because of that, Anne has some leeway from her work of attending the customers and can talk with me like this.

“No, it’s just that I can’t get a quest at the guild, that’s why I decided to just immediately do some healing services instead.”(Saito)

I told Anne about my plan for the rest of today.

“I see, well, anyway cheer up, after all every adventurers always have that day when they just can’t find a good quest.”(Anne)

“Yeah, thanks Anne.”(Saito)

Anne cheered me up. From what she’s saying, I think Anne has misunderstood and thought that I just didn’t find any quest which suits my preference while what actually happened is that I can’t even take any quests at all because of the staffs and the other adventurers’ attitudes. But, I decided to not talk about it since just remembering it a little is making me irritated especially the reason for it.

“Oh, Saito-san? You’re already back? Is something wrong?”(Marina)

Suddenly I see Marina-san standing behind the counter and just came out from the kitchen.

“No, it’s nothing. It’s just that I can’t get a quest at the guild, that’s why I decided to do healing services for the rest of the day.”(Saito)

I told Marina-san the same thing as what I told Anne.

“Is that so? Does that mean the guild runs out of F-rank quest?”(Marina)

“No, that’s not it. It’s just that some things happened, that’s why I couldn’t get any quest.”(Saito)

I told Marina-san, then Marina-san suddenly has a worried expression.

“Saito-san, you are not getting in any trouble at the guild, are you?”(Marina)

“Huh? No, I am not.”(Saito)

I reflexively answered Marina-san while feeling a little nervous since I got surprised from Marina-san suddenly asking me that.

“…Well, anyway, if you get into some trouble it is okay for you to talk about it to me. I might not be able to help, but it is still better to let out your trouble rather than keeping it by yourself.”(Marina)

“Yeah, you can also talk to me about it.”(Anne)

“Okay, thank you Marina-san, Anne.”(Saito)

I thanked Marina-san and Anne who offered their help though in the end, I still don’t tell them anything. It is not because of something like I don’t want to tell them because I just don’t want them to be worried about me, I’m not that kind of person after all. Instead, it’s because I’ve always feels awkward and feels insecure just from imagining it, that is why I decided not telling Marina-san or Anne anything.

“Anyway, Marina-san, just like I’ve said before, I’m planning to do some healing services for the rest of the day, so sorry about this, but I will be borrowing some chairs again just like yesterday.”(Saito)

“Fufu, sure, don’t worry about it, after all, it is part of the deal anyway.”(Marina)

“Thank you Marina-san”(Saito)

After I said my thanks, I am about take the chairs I need, then suddenly Anne gives me a suggestion.

“Saito, is it alright if I help you with your healing services?”(Anne)

“Huh?”(Saito)

I only replied with confusion after hearing Anne’s suggestion while holding the chairs in my hands, then after thinking for a while, I say to Anne.

“Well, I am fine if you want to help, though is that fine with you? Won’t it get in the way of your work later?”(Saito)

“Don’t worry, it’s fine! In the first place, there aren’t that many customers right now, so it’s fine. Right, Mom?”(Anne)

Anne asked Marina-san for confirmation.

“Well, since Saito-san is fine with it, it’s okay, but when things getting busy, you need to go back to work immediately, okay? Also, you mustn’t trouble Saito-san too much, okay?”(Marina)

“Yeeeesss~. Well then, let’s go Saito.”(Anne)

“Woaa.”(Saito)

Anne replied to Marina-san cheerfully then pulled me to the front of the inn while holding my right arm. Because I am still holding the chairs, I almost lost my balance. And with that, the healing services for today will be opened earlier than usual.

10