Chapter 35
400 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, I’ve finally reached the guild. I can hear the loud noise of adventurers inside the guild from the front of the guild. Without wasting anymore time, I go inside. The moment I get inside and all the adventurers notice me, the cheerful and lively atmosphere inside the guild suddenly become cold and filled with whispers and stares.

‘…It is amazing how the atmosphere just turned a complete 180. I better just finish my business here quickly before they pick a fight with me.’

“*Sigh*…”(Saito)

I feel discourage from the atmosphere around me and how trouble some things will be when I sell these horned rabbits’ corpses with how rude the staffs were the last time. But when I look at the counter, my feelings of discourage completely gone.

‘It’s Greenwood-san!’

Without wasting anymore time I quickly go to the counter as fast as possible.

“Greenwood-san!”(Saito)

I greeted Greenwood-san with full excitement the moment I reached her counter.

“Saito-san!?”(Lunalitte)

“Good evening.”(Saito)

“Ah, yes, good evening, wait, that’s not it! What are you doing here, Saito-san!?”(Lunalitte)

‘Ouch… that hurts.’

I feel a little hurt from what Greenwood-san asked me even though I know she didn’t mean anything bad at all.

“Actually, I want to sell some horned rabbits I got from hunting today.”(Saito)

I explained my reason to Greenwood-san. The moment I said that, suddenly the adventurers around me are laughing and mock me.

“Hahahaha!! You heard that!? He wanted to sell horned rabbits!!! Again!!!”(Adventurer A)

“I hear ya!!! But hey, at least this time he managed to hunt more than one, so that is quite a progress for him right!?  Although, kid, this time, you better not sell charred horned rabbit corpse again like before!!! Hahahaha!!!!”(Adventurer B)

Hearing what those adventurers said, other people in the guild are beginning to laugh as well.

 “So should I just place the horned rabbits here just like before Greenwood-san?”(Saito)

Since there is no point to care about what they said, I decided to just continue my conversations with Greenwood-san.

“Eh? …Yes, you can just place the horned rabbits here, Saito-san.”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san told me while smiling. Although, even though Greenwood-san is clearly smiling, I can only feel seriousness from her smile.

“Got it.”(Saito)

I accidentally answered seriously as well. I access the inventory then I choose the horned rabbits’ corpses. From out of nowhere, suddenly there are horned rabbits falling on the counter and quickly form into a pile.

“….”(Lunalitte)

“….”(People in The Guild)

The whole guild became silent and I see Lunalitte-san still smiling in front of me, though she still hasn’t say anything to me. Since it feels a little awkward from the silence, I decided to speak.

“Um….”(Saito)

Before I even got said anything, suddenly Greenwood-san and some of the people in the guild shouts.

“EEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!????”(Lunalitte and People in The Guild)

‘….That was some loud shouts.’

“Wait!!! What is this Saito-san!?”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san asked me with a surprised expression like she has just seen something impossible. In fact, not just her, when I try to look around a little, I can see many people also have the same kind of expressions just like Greenwood-san. I feel happy from seeing these expressions, so I pretend to not know the meaning of Greenwood-san’s question and give her an answer every dense isekai protagonist always give.

“What, you say? Well, it’s horned rabbits’ corpses.”(Saito)

“No, I know that these are horned rabbits’ corpses, but how come there are so much!? In the first place, how do you manage to hunt this much!?”(Lunalitte)

Because of how surprised she was, Greenwood-san asked me so many questions at once to the point I feel a little overwhelmed from it.

“Ummm…, for now, let’s calm down?”(Saito)

“*Gasp*, … A-ahem, I-I’m sorry for my shameful display just now.”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san suddenly used formal language while apologizing to me.

“A-anyway,how exactly do you manage to kill this much? Even if you manage to find a nest filled with horned rabbits, it should still be impossible to hunt this much in one day.”(Lunalitte)

“Well, even if you asked me how, other than using magic, I don’t really do anything special.”(Saito)

I told Greenwood-san half of the truth, not mentioning anything about my cheats.

“I-I see, but I wonder how many there are for these to be able to form a pile like this.”(Lunalitte)

“Well, I think there should be around 25 or more.”(Saito)

“T-twenty five…”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san looks like she has completely lost for words from being surprised by what I have just said.

“F-for now, I will have the horned rabbits appraised and dismantled, but I have to ask you to please wait for a sec since it will take some time to finish because the amounts are much more than the usual.”(Lunalitte)

“Alright, got it.”(Saito)

“Thank you for your understanding.”(Lunalitte)

Then Greenwood-san places a big box on the counter and put the horned rabbits’ corpses into the box. After that, she holds both sides of the box and lift it like it is nothing at all. I got surprised and completely lost for words from seeing the woman in front of me who is graceful and has thin arms just like any lady can actually lift the box easily. Because of that, I unconsciously stare at her.

“U-um…, is something the matter, Saito-san?”(Lunalitte)

“Eh? A-ah, it’s nothing.”(Saito)

Greenwood-san who realized I was staring at her asked me while trying not to make an eye contact with me. I reflexively told her that there is nothing wrong, although right now the scene in front of me is something which is quite unusual for me.

“I see. I’ll be right back as fast as possible. In the meantime, you can just wait at the bar if you want, Saito-san. When I’m done, I’ll bring you the money.”(Lunalitte)

“O-okay.”(Saito)

I answered while still feeling taken aback from seeing Greenwood-san lifting the box filled with the horned rabbit’s corpses.

“Well then, excuse me.”(Lunalitte)

Then Greenwood-san left the counter and go to the back while easily carrying the box.

‘Well, I guess as expected of the fantasy world.’

After making that comment inside my thought, I immediately head to the bar to find the closest empty seat from me.

‘Wow, they really are staring. …Please quickly come back, Greenwood-san.’

I feel a little pressured from people who are still staring daggers at me. After a while, suddenly there are two adventurers, one with a big burly body and scary face, and one who has smaller body and his face completely looks like the goon standing in front of me. Just from looking at their appearance and how wicked the smiles on their faces are, I knew these adventurers are up to no good.

“Oi kid, looks like you managed to hit a jackpot, huh?”(Goons)

‘For now, let’s just try to be as friendly and harmless as possible.’

“Haha, I’m just lucky.”(Saito)

I answered the adventurer who talked to me.

“Well, since you got a jackpot, how about share some of it with us since we are quite in a bind right now you know.”(Goon)

The goon said while he approached me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Haha, sorry, but I am also in need of some money right now, so…”(Saito)

I refused giving them my money, in the gentlest and most indirect way of wording. And immediately, things went just as I expected.

“HHHUUUUUUUHHHHH!!!???”(Goon)

The goon immediately shouts like every delinquent do when they are extorting money.

“Hey, hey, hey, kid, it looks like you got a little arrogant just because you got a little lucky. Looks like we need to teach you a little lesson, so you remember your place and learn to respect your senior. What do you think big bro?”(Goon)

“That sounds like a good idea. Well, since I have some free time and quite generous, I will teach you personally.”(Big Bro)

The burly adventurer told me while crackling his hands like he is preparing himself to fight. Then, he immediately grabs my shirt collar and lifts me up with his left hand.

“Well, here is lesson number one, a rookie who is being rude will get a fist right to his face.”(Big Bro)

The burly adventurer said while having his right hand ready to punch me. Since I don’t want to cause trouble, I try to ask him to stop.

“W-wait a sec, can’t we just calm down and talk first?”(Saito)

“Gahahaha!!!! Well, even if you give me your money, it’s too late, you’ve broken the rule so you need to get beaten down.”(Big Bro)

“Yeah!! Go Big Bro, teach him a lesson!!! Kekeke!!!”(Goon)

Since my persuasion failed, I prepared myself and ready to use my magic any time, the moment that fist comes flying at me. The burly adventurer begin to charge power in his fist, but the suddenly someone shouts.

“Stop this!”(???)

Hearing that shout, everyone in the room reflexively turns their head into the direction of the shouts. And there, stood Greenwood-san.

“Please stop this and put him down! It is prohibited to fight inside the guild!”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san shouted at the burly adventurer.

“Whaaat, I thought who it is, but it’s actually just you, the ugly.”(Big Bro)

Greenwood-san flinched a little from hearing what the burly adventurer called her.

“Please, stop this and put him down.”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san tried to stop the burly adventurer again.

“Hah! Shut up ugly! As if I’m gonna stop just because you said so, besides I am quite pissed off because of this kid and I’m sure everyone in here are also quite pissed off at this kid as well and want to watch me punch him as well.”(Big Bro)

“That’s right! That’s right!”(Goon)

“Yeah! Just beat the crap out of that kid!!!”(Adventurer C)

The people inside the guild which are mostly men become a little excited from hearing what the burly man and the good said and shouted that they are on their side. The burly adventurer then prepares himself to throw his fist again, seeing that I also prepare myself to use my magic to fight back. The burly adventurer’s fist is beginning to come close to my face and I quickly raise my right hand and position it in front of his face, but both of us suddenly flinched and stopped. All of a sudden, I feel a really chilled aura to the point it feels like it is stabbing me. It felt like the whole room’s temperature just turned cold like I’m in a freezer. And I also feel really scared of this chilled aura, it feels like it will take my life at any moment. At first, I thought it is only me who is feeling this, but when I accidentally look at the burly adventurer in front of me and some people behind him, I realize they are also feeling the same thing as me just from looking at their faces. Some even already passed out including the goon. I, immediately turn my head to the direction of the source of the chilled aura instinctively. In fact, not just me, even the burly adventurer and some people who still haven’t passed out immediately turn their head at the same direction as mine. And somehow or another, we manage to know that the source of this chilled aura came from Greenwood-san. The moment I find out Greenwood-san is the source of this chilled aura, I also realize what exactly is this chilled aura exactly is instinctively.

‘I see now, this chilled aura, this fear for my life I’ve felt, this is actually Greenwood-san’s killing intent.’

6