Chapter 41
837 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I am an E-rank adventurer, my name is Sawada Saito!!! Nice to meet you!!!”(Saito)

I introduced myself while bowing, trying to make myself look polite so the people in front of me will have a better thought about me.

“Ooh, so, you are the kid Luna always talks about, huh!?”(Burly Man)

“Oh my, how polite.”(Woman)

“It is nice to meet you as well.”(Long haired Man)

“Hellooo~~.”(Man with Bandana)

The people in front of me returned my introduction in their own ways.

‘So, these are the people who I might end up in a party with.’

I though while observing the people in front of me. Just like Greenwood-san had said before, they really have just come back from their quest. As for how I concluded that, it is because there are some clues I get from observing their getup. For example, I can see some dirt on their boots, or a little traces of blood on their armor or clothes. But, the most obvious clue is the fact that they have their respective weapons on their sides. From that, I can at least guess their respective roles in their party. One is a burly man who wears a full armor with a sword and a shield on his side. That means the burly is definitely the vanguard of their party. There are also a long haired man and also a man who wears a bandana. From seeing their getup, I concluded the long haired man is actually a priest since he has a mace at his side and his clothes look more like what a priest would war. As for the man with a bandana, he is the archer of the party since it is obvious just from the fact he has a bow. In fact, he is also one of the obvious clues as to how I managed to know that they have just come back since I actually used Libra to check how many bows he has in his quiver because of my curiosity. And it turns out, the amounts of the bows in the quiver are not full, in fact, there are far too few in his quiver if he will take a quest. Then, there is also a woman. Her face is not too ugly or too beautiful, though for me she is still quite beautiful, what’s more she has a quite the nice body. As for her, I concluded that she is a mage since it is obvious from the mage hat on her head.

‘Ugh~, so nervous.’

I felt nervous, not just because the interview will begin soon, but also from looking at their appearance it looks like they are much older than me. The problem for me is that since from the previous world, I have always been bad at talking with other people especially with people older or with higher standing than me.

“Saito, was it? There’s something I want to ask you.”(Man with Bandana)

“Y-yes!”(Saito)

I got surprised and accidentally stuttered since the man with the bandana suddenly called me out of nowhere.

“Are you Luna-chan’s this?”(Man with Bandana)

The man with the bandana asked me while raising his pinky finger. Of course, I got surprised again from his question, but when I think about it again, this world might have a different meaning for that gesture, so I planned to just ask what he meant.

“Wh-Wh-Wha-What are you saying, Karl-san!?”(Lunalitte)

‘So, the archer’s name is Karl.’

Before I even managed to let out even one word, Greenwood-san suddenly answered him while stuttering. I can also see Greenwood-san’s face blushing as well, while answering him. And, because of that, I managed to get the man’s name.

 “T-there’s no way Saito-san is my boyfriend!”(Lunalitte)

‘Erk, that hurts. Though, it really is just as I thought, huh.’

I thought after hearing what Greenwood-san has just said confirmed my guess while feeling a little hurt from Greenwood-san’s straight denial. Because the gesture’s meaning turns out just like I thought, I become a little curious on how the people of this world managed to come up with that gesture considering this world is still in the medieval era.

“Wha~~t, and here I thought our Luna-chan finally got a boyfriend?”(Karl)

“Su-such things…! That’s just impossible!!! B-Besides, it will only trouble Saito-san.”(Lunalitte)

Greenwood-san said while still blushing and fidgeting.

“I see. Well, though honestly, it’s not like you don’t like the idea right, Luna-chan?”(Karl)

“K-Karl-san!!!”(Lunalitte)

“Hahahaha.”(Karl)

“*Ahem*, that’s enough joking around Karl.”(Burly Man)

“Yeess~~.”(Karl)

The burly men gathered the attention of everyone around the table by coughing once and told Karl-san to stop his teasing to get the topic back on track.

“Now then, sorry about that. Let’s get back on the topic. First of all, let us introduce ourselves. We are the A-rank party, Enchanted Blade. My name is Hector, the leader of this party. As you can see from my appearance, I am the vanguard of this party. Next is….”(Hector)

Then, after Hector-san has finished his introduction, he immediately turned his eyes towards the mage as a signal for her to introduce herself.

“I am one of the rear guard of the party, the mage, Hilda. Once again, nice to meet you.”(Hilda)

After Hilda-san finished her short introduction, then Karl-san immediately speaks to introduce himself.

“You’ve already heard my name, but I’ll just introduce myself again. My name is Karl. I am an archer, another rear guard of the party. Though, because I’m also quite good with knives, I am also helping Hector fighting the enemies on the front.”(Karl)

Next, the last one to do the introduction is the long haired man.

“I am Johann, a priest of the Silvana Church. Nice to meet you, Saito-kun.”(Johann)

‘So, that is the religion in this world, though I wonder if it is the only religion in this continent.’

The moment I heard the introduction of Johann-san, my mind began to wander around again because I got a little curious again from the new information I accidentally have just got. Though, it only lasts for a sec since Hector-san immediately continues.

“Well, that is all for our introduction. Now then, shall we begin the interview?”(Hector)

“Y-yes!”(Saito)

“No need to be so nervous, kid. We’re just gonna ask you some things about yourself, not eat you. Hahaha.”(Karl)

“Y-yes.”(Saito)

I felt nervous again since Hector-san will start the interview to the point I still felt nervous even when Karl-san was making a joke again.

“Just like Karl said, there is no need to be that nervous, we’re just asking about what you can do and what you cannot do.”(Hector)

“Yes.”(Saito)

“Now then, we’ve already heard from Luna that you can use healing magic, but can you explain to us exactly to what extend your healing magic works?”(Hector)

“Well, I can heal small wounds as well as stab wounds as long as it’s not fatal.”(Saito)

“Oh, that’s quite amazing, to be able to heal stab wounds at your age. But, can you explain in more detail what you meant by not fatal, Saito-kun?”(Johann)

“What I meant was as long as the stab wounds don’t hit a vital organ or the injured person’s is not dying then I can heal them. Though, the healing will still take time depending on the wounds. Oh and also, I cannot heal amputated body parts.”(Saito)

After I heard Johann-san’s praise, I immediately decided to lie and tell them that I cannot heal amputated body parts since I don’t want it to be a rumor and get the attention of the nobles. Besides, it’s not like what I told them was a complete lie.

‘Well, I can’t heal body parts if I don’t have the required time for it.’

The interview continued on for a few hours. As expected of an A-rank party, they really leave no detail untouched. They even asked me to show them my dagger and guessed how good I am at using it just from the conditions of my dagger.

“Okay, that’s all we want to ask you.”(Hector)

After Hector said that, he looked at the others and the others nod.

“It’s decided. You can join us as a temporal member for the dungeon subjugation.”(Hector)

“Nice to have you.”(Hilda)

“Welcome to the team, kid.”(Karl)

“Please take care of me.”(Johann)

“That’s great Saito-san.”(Lunalitte)

“Yes! Please take care of me!”(Saito)

‘Phew.’

I felt relieved since I have finally got accepted. After that, Hector-san tells me about my role and positions in the team’s formation. Then, after everything’s done, Greenwood-san comes to me, bringing the rewards and the horned rabbit’s meat. Though, I didn’t even realize that she’s actually gone for a while since I was too focused on hearing Hector-san’s briefing. Since there is nothing more to discuss about, I decided to excuse myself to finish my other business since the sun has begun to set. Then, I run to my next destination as fast as possible.

3