Ch. 8 – A Goddess Plans My Future?! Pt. 2
3.4k 11 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Simultaneously relieved and disappointed that there would be no convenient skill system for her to play around with, Maven pressed the goddesses in front of her for some additional info and help.
 
I’m going to squeeze these two goddesses for all that they’re worth! If they’re going to throw me at an apocalypse, they sure better support me to make sure I don’t die while I’m at it. Demigoddess I may now be, but I’m still just a frail girl out her comfort zone - in my heart at the very least.
 
That thought in mind, Maven pressed the two goddesses. “Other than the magic lessons you promised me, isn’t there anything you can do to help me once I leave the Divine Realm?”
 
Kannon, despite her appearance as a cool and mature beauty, tilted her head cutely to the side and tapped her lips with her index finger. “Hmmm… well, it’s not like we can descend directly on the world below. We also aren’t all that privy to the fine political details on the world below… Our line of communication has been cut for a long while now, after all. Henna and I also already gave you our blessings, so I’m not too sure what else we can-”
 
“I know! I know!” Henna jumped in while waving her hand like an excited child, her behavior finally matching her appearance. “I have an idea! That new element of yours blends my authority over the circle of life and death and my dear sister’s authority over life itself. I was thinking - maaaaybe, if you combine a mass of that power with a spark of divinity from Kannon and me then you might be able to create a familiar for us! We’ll be able to inhabit those bodies and help you in the mortal plane.”
 
Kannon, a bit slow on the uptake, was gazing confusedly at Henna at the beginning, but by the end, there was a definite sparkle in her eyes. “Way to go, Henna! Oooo, that’s super exciting. We haven’t been able to set foot on the world below since the day we created Avalon. I can’t wait to go sight seeing! I bet there’s all kind of cool things to see and foods to eat.” In her excitement, Kannon held Maven’s shoulders in her hands and rapidly shook her back and forth.
 
Neither appreciating the bobble-head treatment, nor Kannon’s focus on sight-seeing - Maven let out a massive sigh. “Look, Henna? Are you sure that’s even possible? Wasn’t I supposed to have accidentally created an unheard of new element and divinity? I have no idea why you think I’d be able to create life like that.”
 
A paper fan mysteriously appeared in Henna’s hand, which she unceremoniously used to whack Maven in the head with. “You fool! You’re just a baby demigod and a complete novice with magic - you have no idea what you can or can’t do! What did we tell you was the most important part of casting magic? Imagination! If you believe you can do it and can picture it happening, you definitely can! Believe in yourself. Believe in the me who believes in you!”
 
Maven rubbed her stinging forehead, Henna definitely hadn’t held back, and decided to stop any further thought on the issue. “I guess we won’t know until it’s time to try it. We’ve already clarified you goddesses will be practically useless-”
 
*Whack!*
 
Henna struck another blow on Maven’s forehead, further expanding the red area there and causing Maven to look at her accusingly.
 
Giggling at Maven’s completely unintimidating glare, Henna interjected, “Young whippersnappers like you should keep quiet if you have nothing productive to say. So, unless you have anything to add, perhaps it’s time to send you on your way.”
 
Wanting to object at the cruel treatment, but backing down at the dangerous glint in Henna’s eyes, Maven merely shook her head.
 
Kannon, looking a bit sad to see Maven leave but simultaneously hopeful for the future, flashed a mature smile - so pure and divine in nature that it took Maven’s breath away - while grabbing Maven’s right hand tightly.
 
So you can act like a goddess if you try, Maven secretly thought to herself.
 
Henna sidled in and gripped Maven’s left, giving it a teasing squeeze.
 
Both goddesses put on a serious face and everyone conected hands, leaving Maven now sandwiched between them. They started to glow as they exerted their power, gathering it to send her off to a new life.
 
Black and white light overflowed from Maven’s hands, blinding in its brilliance. Maven gradually lost sight of the two beautiful goddesses she had begun to feel so close to and even the sensation of their clasped hands fading away.
 
Right before her consciousness faded completely, Maven heard the overlapping voices of both women.
 
““Good Luck!””
 
Am I the weird one for thinking a slime familiar would have been funny? Fairies, Dragons, and Ghosts won the elimination round by long mile. There's still time before the familiars appear, cast your votes to finalize the pets our goddesses will travel around in! Comment with ideas for which goddess gets which vessel XD

Finalize the two familiars - pick Maven's companions and the Goddesses' vessels!
  • Fairy Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Dragon Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Ghost Votes: 30 47.6%
Total voters: 63 · This poll was closed on Jul 5, 2020 02:28 AM.
91