Ch. 15 – Who’s Reading my Mind?!
2.8k 7 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Shayna had successfully draped the heavy robes of the Saintess onto Maven’s body, Maven dragged her body to the meeting with Fae.

Who embroiders a robe for a child with real gold?! This stupid, flashy robe so is so freaking heavy! The Church sure is scary, using actual gold as a mere clothing decoration… so wasteful… I’m already tired. I may end up needing to ask big sis Shayna to carry me around, I really don’t have the stamina to go far.

When Fae spotted Maven wearing the heavy robes, taking labored steps in her direction, she smiled innocently, “Saintess! I’m so pleased to see you wearing the robes of the Church… The Pope himself commissioned these for you, top seamstresses worked around the clock in partnership with some magic craftsman to ensure it was ready in time. The gold may be a bit heavy, but only the finest could be used for the robes of the Saintess.”

Maven, unable to retort to Fae’s guileless eyes, merely forced a grin before responding, “So… I will be taking magic lessons with you today? How exciting!”

“Indeed,” Fae said while leading Maven through the Church. Luckily, Maven didn’t need to go far before they arrived at their destination - a small room filled with a sofa, a table, and some chairs.
Fae motioned Maven to get comfortable on the sofa while she sat at one of the chairs. Shayna simply stood along the wall, ready to serve.

“So, Maven, how much do you know about magic? According to the Duke, you have yet to receive any formal lessons.” Fae asked seriously.

Maven, shaking her head, responded, “I don’t know much. Only what happened during the attribute test…”

Seeing a child respond so maturely and eloquently, Fae grinned happily before continuing, “Well, the first step of casting magic is to get a feel for the magic in your body and the mana in the world around you. Let us begin by closing your eyes - feel the power coursing beneath your skin. Going by the test, you have so much power that this step should be easy.”

Maven followed along with Fae’s instruction, closing her eyes and trying to feel the magic in her body. Very quickly, she found a warm current vigorously coursing through her body. Something about the sensation reminded Maven of the comforting warmth she felt when those hopeless goddesses blessed her.

Fae, sensing that Maven had succeeded, continued the instruction, “Now, try and gather that magic somewhere in your body. Don’t try to send it out or do anything else yet, we wouldn’t you to be accidentally casting any spells. Just get used to the sensation of moving your magic power for now."

Maven did just that, preparing to gather that warm current into her right hand. However, before she could do that, she remembered the sensation Henna and Kannon kissing her on the cheek - picturing the face of both goddesses while inadvertently gathering her magic power at the locations of the kiss.

Once this occurred, Maven felt some sort connection bloom. Kannon and Henna’s face and voice both popped into her mind.

《Maven! I’m so happy I can finally talk to you again!》 Kannon said while grinning happily.

《Fufu… it’s a bit sad I won’t get to see acting like a regular child anymore.》 Henna said while smirking teasingly at Maven.

Maven cursed to herself while her cheeks reddened a bit red at Henna’s words.

That stupid kid of a goddess… I bet she was laughing her butt off while I made a fool of myself without my memories!

《You betcha! You were especially funny between the ages 1 & 2… I didn’t look away for a second.》 Henna said while grinning.

《H-Henna! Don’t tease Maven like that. We agreed we were going to start teaching her once she finally made contact, not annoy her.》 Kannon said while panicking and fluttering her hands.

《Hmph… You’re just exited about her building you a familiar so you can enjoy the world below, in the flesh.》 Henna said while turning up her nose.

These two idiots, just saying whatever they want. You two are supposed to be goddesses, not petulant children.

《You’re the child here, Maven. Just look at those chubby cheeks of yours. Just ask your maid, Shaya, when she stopped having to change your diapers - it wasn’t all that long ago.》 Henna retorted gleefully.

…This stupid Goddess of Darkness… I feel like she’s been responding to my thoughts directly for a while now… Maven couldn’t help but think to herself.

《Ummm…… Maven, when you’re connected to us directly like you are now - we can communicate directly with our thoughts.》 Kannon replied nervously.

《Hah! That means you can’t hide of those unflattering thoughts of yours, Maven… Like how you called us hopeless, or stupid, or kids… Hehehe, I can’t wait to get you back.》 Henna was clearly prancing around like a gleeful child, cheerfully pondering how she’d get her revenge with a slightly malevolent grin.

Maven, hearing the goddesses’ words, merely looked up at the sky with dead eyes.

97