Ch. 66 – Maven Meets Her Match Pt. 1
989 6 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As if to punctuate his scolding of the tattooed man, the boy sent out a blinding amount of violet magic power - carrying with it the strong smell of divinity. Different from that which bound Fae, but still foreign to this world.

The cute little boy cut quite the odd figure as he summoned his power, cherubic appearance at odds with the ominous violet aura currently drifting off his body.

“Hehehe, I do so love it whenever I manage to find some sturdy toys… I just can’t wait to play with all of you!” He said with the smooth voice of a child.

“I’m going to punch you all the way to the other side of tomorrow!” Kannon said with an overly cocky tone, trying to hide the discomfort she felt facing an unfamiliar god’s power.

“No matter which two-bit fake god gave you that power, you don’t stand a chance against these muscles!” Kannon continued while striking a side chest pose.

The boy stared at Kannon’s pudgy little body before his mouth curled into a cruel smirk. “What a brave little fairy, mocking the peerless Lidar in front of his Apostle. I just can’t wait to see the way you’ll scream when I pluck those wings off right off your back. They’ll make a lovely addition to my insect collection.”

Maven couldn’t help but face palm at Kannon’s continued ability to make the situation worse. Obviously, you shouldn’t go out of your irritate the crazy boy who possesses an alien flavor of divinity and can teleport.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.” Maven said as she forced her stiff legs to move. “As annoying as she might be, Kannon is a precious companion of mine. If you want to get to her, you’ll have to go through me!”

“How adorable… are you going to give me the friend speech? Does love also make you stronger? Oh, I can’t wait to see that face fall into despair.” The boy said with sadism coloring his words.

“Don’t worry about me, Maven… I can take out a punk like this with a single Fairy Kick!” Kannon said as she shifted into a karate pose, kicking a few times to show off her power.

“Ahh… Maven, huh? Is that who you are? That does explain a few things. Hard to blame that useless underling of mine for getting so soundly defeated by the Saintess herself. Shining star of the entire Holy Kingdom, what could you be doing outside the capital?” The boy asked curiously.

“You’re the Saintess?!” Ela said from inside the shield, face going pale as she remembered clinging to Maven’s body not too long ago. Princess that she was, she knew exactly how this could spoil relations with the Holy Kingdom.

“I’m so, so, so, so sorry! I would never have grabbed onto you like that if I had known…… I bawled my heart in the arms of the goddess’ only messenger here on Avalon, how mortifying.”

Saddened by the thought of Ela pulling back from her, Maven said, “It’s fine Ela, please just treat me like you did before…… It would make me quite sad if you started treating me like a stranger.”

“Enough talking, time to take care of the business my useless underling so spectacularly botched.” The apostle stated as he finally began to walk forward, annoyed by all the jibber jabber occurring in front of him.

Tiny cracks appeared in the air around him for each step he took. They were little tears in space that could cut through anything, making it quite clear that his magically specialty had some influence over space.

“Stay back, you guys… That space magic feels incredibly dangerous.” Maven said as she mustered her power. Strong as Fae and Shayna had become after years of tutelage under two goddesses, Maven doubted they’d be able to stop the boy from slicing right through them. Nobody knew how handle someone with a power that could interfere with space itself

“Hehe… Not one person in this world can stop me from getting what I want.” The apostle said as his mouth curled into a playful grin, exuding the atmosphere of a playful cat. “The great Lidar made sure of that, after all.”

Determined not to let this boy hurt her friends in any way, Maven pulled out the big guns from the beginning. Utilizing light magic infused with her unique brand of divinity, Maven wrapped her companions bodies with defensive magic. Hopefully, this would slow down any space magic the kid could whip out.

This turned out to be an excellent precaution. For, not even a second after she did so, razor-thin splits in space appeared in front everyone’s necks with the ugly sound of nails on chalkboard.

33