Let Harry Potter SAVE you
329 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry cast a considering look at Draco as they walked, noticing the way his jaw tensed when the Weasley shop came into view. "So, is it just Luna then?" Harry asked.

Draco looked back at him confused, "Just Luna what?" he asked.

"That you can't say no to."

"I can say no if I need to. It's just unlikely," Draco looked at the shop warily. He was quiet for awhile, then said, "I'm not sure about anyone else. I doubt Olivander will ever ask anything of me. Dean and I get on all right, but Luna is Luna. It's different."

Harry hummed in response and looked at the shop as well. A few more feet and they would be at the door. He cocked his head a bit and said, "Could you say no to me then?"

Draco turned to face Harry. "Yes Potter, denying you is one of my favorite fantasies," he deadpanned.

A brilliant heat spread across Harry's cheeks and down his neck. He felt it spread and cursed himself for being such an easy blush.

Behind them, Pansy cleared her throat. Both boys turned to look at her and each of them received a pointed glare. Draco scoffed in response. Harry quickly looked away, only to be met with the sight of Luna coming out to meet them.

She ran up and pulled at Draco's sleeve. "Come around back and see Neville's greenhouse. George is letting him keep it here until the school year is out," Luna said. "You can ask him about the cactus thing he has back there."

Draco cast a nervous look at Pansy, who shrugged, then he hooked his arm with Luna and said, "Lead the way."

Harry watched them go, wondering if anyone had prepared Neville for seeing a Malfoy in his greenhouse today.

Pansy nudged his arm, "Let's go in Potter."

He glanced over at her, surprised she was willing to do this, and walked through the shop door. Ginny came around the counter upon seeing them. She wore a pale green summer dress with matching Converse. Harry had gifted her the shoes when he came out to her as gay. She'd rolled her eyes at the offer and told him that he was being ridiculous, said she couldn't be mad at him for the way he is. However, she did keep the shoes and seemed to wear them often.

"Hi there," she said with a grin.

"Hi Gin," he said, and smiled back.

Ginny's eyes glittered with mischief. "Luna said she ran into the lot of you. How did that happen, did Malfoy stay the night?" she asked. Harry could see she was holding back a laugh.

He scowled at her, "Are you insane?" he demanded.

"That's not an answer," she replied with a shrug.

"She's too smart for you, Scarhead," Pansy said quietly.

Harry turned to look at her and noticed the way Pansy's eyes were trained on the dress Ginny was wearing. She seemed to be conflicted between admiring the redheads trim waist or lingering on her bare calves.

"Hey," he said to Pansy, grabbing her attention, "back me up here. You know he didn't stay the night."

Pansy narrowed her eyes at him, which made Harry smile. He'd seen her give that same look to Draco and thought it might be reserved for friends.

Pansy rolled her eyes at his smile and turned back to the red head. "I know we've met," she said, offering a Ginny a smile that Harry had never seen her give before, "but I feel like a proper introduction is in order for a fresh start." She put out her hand, "Pansy."

Ginny regarded her warily but took the offered hand and shook it. Before she could reply, Harry broke in.

"Why does she get to call you Pansy?" he demanded. "I'm the one who spends all my free time with you in those dorms."

Ginny looked at him with round, shocked eyes.

Pansy tore her eyes from Ginny, dropping her hand, to glare at him. Her hair bobbed around her cheeks from the sharp gesture. "I could give you a list of reasons, Potter," she replied bitterly. "Let's start with how she's not constantly insinuating that I'm trying to shag the Savior!"

Harry grimaced, feeling wrong footed. "Whatever. It's not constantly," he managed. "Anyway, she knows I'm bent. She also knows we are working together at Hogwarts." He cast around for a way to get the upper hand. "You don't even call her Ginny," he said defiantly.

Pansy's eyes went so dark that Harry shut his mouth. Maybe he didn't have much self preservation, but he had enough to stop talking in that moment.

Ginny laughed brightly, "Wow. You two are more fun together than I would have guessed. " She looked at Pansy, "So, what do you call me?" she asked, her voice light with amusement.

Pansy slowly looked her up and down, the way Ron Weasley looked at pie covered in whipped cream. It made Harry very uncomfortable.

"Sometimes I call you the Weaslette," Pansy said, as though she was confessing a hidden desire. Harry looked at Ginny who had stopped laughing and, instead, had started to blush.

"Harry!" George's voice broke through the moment. He walked over to the 3 of them, the sleeves of his robes covered in dust that he was brushing off.

George pulled Harry over and started talking about his brother Charlie leaving for Romania and brunch at the Burrow tomorrow. Harry shoved thoughts of the two girls away, and listened to him, happy for a distraction.

"So, how come you're hanging out with the Slytherins then?" George asked, his voice slightly strangled as he eyed the way Ginny was talking with Pansy.

Harry shrugged, "I needed to give something to Malfoy and," he motioned to Pansy, "she's kind of our interpreter. Malfoy and I still have a tendency to - um-"

George chuckled, "Fight like proud hippogriffs?" he offered.

Harry gave a crooked smile, "Yeah."

"Well, I suspect we'll be seeing more of him then. I know Luna and Neville think he's worth being around," George said, as he brushed off more dust from his robes. "And Ginny filled me in on you, so there's that," he finished with a casual shrug.

Harry glared at Ginny, who couldn't be bothered to notice. "Whatever she told you, I can assure you that she's mistaken," he replied petulantly.

George looked up with quirked lips, put his hand on Harry's shoulder and said, "Yeah mate, obviously."

Draco walked in through the front door and started talking before it was even closed. "Weasley, you're going to want to make sure the wards on that greenhouse are reinforced. Longbottom has a muggle plant back there that eats flies, but Lovegood keeps casting charms on it so I'm concerned," he looked up and stopped talking. His eyes fell on a display over Harry's right shoulder.

All four of them had been looking at Draco, and now, each of them turned to look at what had shut him up.

An uproar of laughter wrang through the shop, all of them, except Harry, were laughing.

Harry scowled at the display which had a sign reading, 'Looking for a way to tell friends and family your bent? Let Harry Potter SAVE you the trouble.'

Beneath the sign were postcards. On the front was a miniature copy of the picture from the Prophet article that had outed Harry. Photo Harry leaned into kiss the boy in front of him. On the back it read, 'I'm following in the Savior's footsteps,' with a few empty lines so you could add a personal message and a signature.

"Seriously!?" Harry demanded, snatching one of the postcards off the display to stare murderously at the picture.

"Sorry Harry," George said, unrepentant, "It's one of our best sellers."

"Indeed it is," Ginny said, delighted. "People buy several at a time."

"I'm going to kill Tim!" Harry growled.

"Tom," Pansy corrected, and Ginny started to laugh.

Long pale fingers stole the postcard from Harry's hands. He looked up to find Draco's smirk filling his field of vision.

"Don't," Harry said, without hope.

The smirk grew, "Weasley, how many can I buy at once?" Draco asked, his eyes never leaving Harry's.

Harry had the sinking feeling this wouldn't be the last time he saw one of the postcards.

 

****

At home, that night, Harry waited to go to the club until after he heard from Hermione. He'd been nervously waiting for her floocall all day. When the ding sounded to announce the call, Harry jumped to the fireplace.

"It worked Harry!" Hermione said, without preamble. "My parents know me again!"

Harry was delighted and told her as much, he wished he could wrap her in a hug.

They talked about the trip and Ron pushed his face in to tell Harry about the horrible spiders in Australia. Eventually, Hermione promised she would floocall again next week and they ended the call.

Harry tossed himself on the couch next to the fireplace. He was happy for her, and proud of her for finding a way to help her parents. His thoughts traced back to the day Hermione had stolen her parents memories, and then his mind started to push other painful memories forward. He stared at the wall feeling a wash of grief hit while his mind assaulted him with images of the people who were gone.

"No," he said to the empty room. He stood then, grabbed his leather jacket, and apparated to an alleyway behind a club in Brixton.

10