The End
292 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry received a letter from owl post on December 31st, 1998, before he’d even started making his morning cup of tea. He’d spent his holiday break with the Weasley’s until Boxing day, then returned to Grimmauld place. The owl dropped the letter to him and flew off without waiting for a reply. 

Mr. Potter,

The newly organized Education Board would like to meet with you regarding your application for student teaching next year, to conduct an interview. Would you be available to return early to Hogwarts? They are interested in meeting with you this evening at 6pm. (Don’t bother sending a response back, we both know that you will be here).

I have already signed a contract with Headmistress McGonagall to stay on as the DADA professor for another year, which means you would be continuing your apprenticeship under me. (You’re welcome).

I recommend you arrive no later than 4pm. I have already requested the presence of Draco Malfoy to assist with your wardrobe options before you meet with the board. I think it will take at least 2 hours for him to do something about your hair, (especially since I don’t expect you to keep your hands off of him). 

Professor Loir

PS. I will personally send you to the infirmary if you are even a second late to this meeting. See you soon, Savior. 

Harry filled his cup of tea and started cooking breakfast. Once he was full and the kitchen was clean he read the letter again and smiled. 

Professor Loire met Harry at the floo when he arrived. “The interview will be here in Headmistress McGonagall’s office.”

“I’m great Professor Loire, thanks for asking.” Harry deadpanned.

She rolled her eyes, “Don’t forget what I said about being on time. I’ve already planned the curse I will use on you.” 

Harry smirked, “Didn’t you say that we are supposed to be spontaneous in battle?”

Loire’s eyes narrowed into slits, when she stepped forward, and Harry found himself stepping back. “There won’t be a battle, Potter.” 

Harry put his hands up in surrender, “Ok, ok, I will not be late. I’ll be early, I swear.” 

She flashed her teeth and Harry noticed her incisors were uncommonly sharp. He wondered again about her bloodline. Before he could think of a way to ask, she derailed his train of thought. 

“Just so you know,” Loire said, “Pansy was offered a room in the girls' dormitory for the second term.” 

Harry’s brows drew together, “What?” he asked, hearing how needy the word sounded. 

Loire rolled her eyes, “Don’t worry, she didn’t take it. She said that rooming with you means she gets to have the house elves at beck and call. She refused to be roomed with anyone else.”

Harry grinned. 

“She also told me to remind you that you’re not to have sex on her bed.”

Harry froze, completely unsure of how to address that comment. He swallowed past his dry throat and said, “Speaking of, I think I should go attend to my um- my wardrobe.” 

****

Harry stole another kiss when Draco leaned into adjust his cloak pin. They had each given one to the other for Christmas. Harry’s was a golden dragon with scales that shifted from red to gold when it moved about on his chest. Draco’s cloak pin was silver snitch with wings that shimmered green when they flapped. 

On the walk to his interview, Harry laced their fingers together and asked, “How did your parents take the news about you staying here to work towards your Potions Masters?” 

Draco huffed a laugh, “Exactly as I told you it would. My Mother was delighted, once I swore an oath to come home once a month and during the holiday.” 

Harry laughed, “Did you have to swear an actual oath?” he asked.

Draco glanced sideways at Harry, “Of course, Potter. She is a Slytherin.” He paused, clearing his throat, and said, “I also promised that you would join us for tea during my stays at the manor.”

Harry’s steps slowed as he considered the idea. He felt Draco squeeze his hand gently, he looked up to find the blond giving him a slanted smile. 

I’m so fucked, Harry thought fondly. “I would love to have to,” he said and was rewarded with a smile from Draco that lit up the hallway. Harry tried not to focus on the way his heart pounded against his ribs. At first, he thought that his body’s dramatic responses to Draco would fade, but now he was starting to believe they weren’t going anywhere. 

They reached the gargoyle with 5 minutes to spare before the meeting. “What about your Father?” Harry asked. 

Draco grimaced, “He still won’t be able to use any magic against you, but you might avoid actually drinking the tea. The house elves will follow his orders if he tells them to poison you.” 

“Fuck Draco!” Harry cried, horrified, “I meant, how does he feel about you staying here? Not, is he still planning to kill me!” 

“Oh,” Draco replied, as though the misunderstanding was perfectly normal. “I didn’t ask him about it. I stopped being concerned about his desires for my future before the end of 6th year.” 

Harry pulled Draco forward and wrapped him into a hug, peppering kisses along his jawline. Draco chuckled and pushed him back, “Go on, Potter. You need to get to your interview.”

Harry forced himself forward again so that they were pressed chest to chest. “Say Harry,” he growled as he bit at Draco’s pulse point. 

“Go on Harry,” Draco said, and Harry could hear him smiling, “land this interview and I will reward you when you get back to the room. Pansy won’t be back for two more days.”

 

****** Thank you for reading!!*******

Here's a link to my website if you are curious to read an original piece https://www.altersaside.com/

Here's a link to a short and cute Drarry fic https://www.altersaside.com/post/can-you-describe-it

9