Chapter 17: True strength
341 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A-and the next match is between Fosig and Drew. Who will win?" Vana deeply questioned slightly worked up from Alex v Marcus.

Drew was sitting on the floor in the arena playing with the dirt whilst Fosig prepared his stance. He knew that the power scaling for Dix was spot on. This guy was stronger than Dino, Kirgo and Marcus. If he dropped his guard he loses.

"And 3. 2. 1. Go!!" Vana shouted dashing towards the crowd.

Fosig tensed his muscles but before he even got to move Drew was looking down at him from above Fosig's short stature. Fosig was shocked. It was rare for him to see anyone keep up with him let alone move faster than him. He didn't even see him move. His speed caught him off guard.

Drew clobbered him with his hand encased in aura. Fosig spewed heavy amounts of blood painting the floor red as he went flying across the arena burnt to a crisp.

Fosig was on the floor with smoke arising from his body. The match was over right after it started. Drew had won.

"It is unfortunate you had to fight me, although I am ranked #7 that was at the start of the year. I am probably joint 3rd. You trained hard but my techniques were too much. You probably thought I teleported or ran too fast at you. That was aura, train hard and get better" Drew sighed leaned over Fosig's charred body.

"And the match is over. Drew won instantly!" Vana said with her usual spunk.

Lyon marched onto the arena with confidence. He watched the match yet he still felt confidence. Whether it was because he didn't have to fight him or he understood what happened was unclear but he had the face of a winner on his face before his match even started.

"Leland and Lyon, who is gonna win!!! #6 vs Lyon an unknown man. Even I struggled to obtain information and all I learned was his name! Let's waste no time start now!!" Vana commanded

Leland put his hand behind his head and grabbed the handle of a short sword and pulled it out. Aura of fire instantly coated the blade and his hand as he moved forwards towards Lyon. Shockingly enough, Lyon pulled out his short sword and did the same. This was going to be a sword fight.

In the spajainian Empire Asmodeus was sitting on the king bored out of his mind.

"I really thought he would try and find me" Asmodeus sighed.

"My lord if you would permit me to speak" The king said.

"Granted"

"Thank you lord, I believe it may be because you left the continent and he isn't aware"

"WHATT! You telling me no one is aware that the sins took over the empires across the entire globe. Because that is what your telling me. Us reviving is one thing but taking literally the entire planet over, you would think that kind of thing would spread" Asmodeus voiced staring into the very soul of the king.

"My lord, I do not wish to be rude but if he does not know, then no one knows as this would be a quest that a high member of CAG would attempt to do"

"CAG huh. Haven't heard that name in a while. The continental adventurers guild right? But for Ochea. Wait there is only one CAG right because of the empires. The one here is The Adventurers of Spajainia right or TAS for short. Man been a while since I last heard this abbreviations, they weren't bad either, part of the reason I was sealed. But that makes sense. The TAS can't do anything because your under my feet but the CAG can. Yeah, if they knew I would've got some visits every now and then so I wasn't so bored"

Asmodeus stood up and began pacing about.

"Well, I am bored. King this place is yours again until I come back, I am going on a short trip. I don't know how long it will be so I may need to put you under again but look after the fort" Asmodeus decided.

"Understood" the king responded

Asmodeus left the castle and made a huge jump in the direction of Ochea, where Kami was.

Leland and Lyon were having an intense battle with weapons that could be felt throughout the arena. It was a proper fight with no strength barred. Shock waves from each attack and heavy gushes from the wind could be felt again throughout the crowd. Each strike was enough to be fatal.

But Leland had the upper hand. Lyon was new to putting aura on his sword. In fact his basic training of just looking at his hand shouldn't of even amounted to this. Leland was able to switch between different aura on his sword with ease whilst it took Lyon time to change his. He was losing aura quickly and he knew this wasn't an option he could use in combat yet.

He jumped back and put his weapon back into its sheathe.

"Done are you? I can swing this fast, are you sure your fists can keep up?" Leland notified Lyon.

The only response returned was raised fists. Leland struck at Lyon who barely dodged and tried to kick Leland. He moved to the side rotating and use the built up force to swing at Lyon. But he wasn't there. Thin sharp slashes of wind hit the walls of the arena giving it a long thing dent.

Lyon backed away, this wasn't an option for him either.

He put all his aura in his fists and began concentrating. Hard and hard and hard. The aura began to move around his hand. It stretched away from his hands at 5 different points each. Sharp looking claws of aura coated and stretched out of his hands like he was an animal.

"Oh, you can do that too? Your pretty interesting" Leland noted

Lyon had claws of aura resembling an animal prepared to attack. Leland sent wind slashes at Lyon but they were this time coated in aura.

"Lyon has aura claws and Leland is sending wind coated in aura at Lyon. How will this end?!" Vana screamed with excitement.

Lyon dodged the slashes and began to dodge all slashed Leland sent whilst slowly getting closer. Leland struck his sword at Lyon but he stopped it with the aura.

"If my weapon wasn't unique that would've ended differently" Leland chuckled "Your interesting"

Lyon smiled and pushed him away. They then clashed claw to sword. Lyon was able to not just keep up with Leland when he was changing aura but speed past him. Bit by bit Leland had fallen into a hole he was struggling to climb out of.

Lyon backed up and moved some of his aura to his feet. It began to grow into claws. Leland was out classed when he used his claws on his hands so now that there was some on his feet he was unstoppable.

He jumped back towards Leland and was starting to get past the sword dealing damage to his unguarded chest. Leland jumped back quickly and far and made sure he was completely out of reach of Lyon.

"You see, this is Dino's special move so I hate to take and revamp it for my own personal use. It makes me feel like my skill wasn't enough but here we go" Leland announced.

Lyon remembered the match, he was on his guard.

Leland's aura of fire went from his weapon to his fist. It then all went to his index finger and a thin string of aura climbed to the tip of the sword taking up the about half a finger worth of space horizontally.

He charged towards Lyon and made his sword hit Lyon's claws. Lyon should've dodged. A huge fire was visible as it cut through Lyon's claw to his wrist. His arm ignited violently and spread to his shoulder. His left hand was no longer usable.

"You should've dodged, my move is just as explosive as it is sharp" Leland warned "Dodge this one or it's over for your hands"

Lyon calmly tapped away the fire like a fly whilst moving backwards. His hand had been split in 2. He tried moving his fingers to no avail. He decided to rip off a part of his shirt and wrap it around his hands and force it into a fist.

"Do you not feel pain by any chance?" Leland asked

"Yes, I do" Lyon finally responded

He returned his aura to his left hand but only put it on his knuckles, Lyon did the same with his right hand.

"I also saw Dino's special moves. Level 2 was it? It won't be the same with both hands though" Lyon mumbled

They both charged at each other. Leland swung his sword whilst Lyon dodged and attacked his sword spreading fire throughout the blade and burning it.

"I see what you just did. Since the aura is concentrated at the top, the rest is weak and some parts aren't even guarded. You struck at this moves weak spot. Impressive" Leland noted

Lyon struck again and the blade cracked. Leland strafed backwards to the left. Lyon struck again with both hands. He winced in pain as the sword shattered.

The aura on Leland's shattered blade slowly came back to him like string from the floor, to the hilt and then to his hand.

Leland could tell as Lyon rushed towards him and pounded his face with both hands again. He couldn't beat someone who ignored pain so well. He excepted his defeat as his face began to burn.

Water was quickly dashed on his face by teachers in the crowd.

"And we have a winner! Lyon with his exceptional and highly unique set of skills just beat Leland the swordsman. It is said that when a swordsman loses his sword he has nothing. I don't believe Leland ever planed for this day to happen!" Vana exclaimed.

Lyon walked up towards Leland and whispered something in his ear. Leland began to cry. Lyon picked up Leland's sword and walked off.

As Lyon walked off Lynx walked on.

The guy was a crowd favourite, the second his face was seen the crowd began to chant his name and scream. Lynx smiled as he watched his opponent slowly walk to the opposite side of the arena.

"Damian the man who can make you fly or Lynx the man that burns all. Who will win? Flight or fire! Start the match in Now!!" Vana shouted wasting no time and just completely skipping the seconds.

Lynx's fist lit up quickly in red so dark it could easily be called Maroon. Damian did the same, there colours and shades matched. They both began to walk into a run and struck the others fist. A loud bang resonated throughout the entire stadium. An equilibrium. There auras balanced out perfectly.

They did the same thing but Lynx slightly moved backwards. No he was pushed backwards.

"And here it is. Damian is beginning to send Lynx into the sky!" Vana screamed.

Damian smiled as he made another move. Lynx dodged it easily and struck Damian's unguarded chest lighting it on fire. He jumped back and rolled on the floor as his clothes burnt.

They both moved towards each other and there fists were no longer visible. Every now and then fire was seen exploding and disappearing just as fast as it came. The direction the fire came made it obvious who was sustaining damage. Damian was losing. This continued for another minute before Damian grabbed his stomach after he backed away.

"Why can't I hit you? Why are you so good at blocking and dodging?" Damian shouted confused.

"Because I'm training. If I win all my fights at this school only with my fists then who knows what will happen when I don't" Lynx responded giddily

"Training, so you mean. All these matches, you weren't fighting seriously?"

"Of course" Lynx responded then his eyes narrowed and his voiced dropped "If I did... you would be dead"

Damian stared at Lynx with fear. His move barely worked let alone touched him.

"What was that move that your friend Dino did? Ground burner right? I don't know if it has a level 3 but I will show you what it would look like. Don't worry, I will use my left hand and half my aura. If I used it all you would evaporate" Lynx stated.

His already dark aura got even darker until the aura began to almost solidify on his fists. On his left fist it began to move towards his knuckles but it only went to the two in the middle. The aura was vulcanised red like a car tire.

Damian didn't know what to do. He was scared for his life as he didn't even know if Dino had a level 3 let alone what it would do and wanted to forfeit. But because he had never seen it, he was interested.

"I can't hit you so I will attack from here. Understood?" Lynx stated.

Damian sharply nodded. From where Lynx stood the air was turning to smoke around his hand. He was burning the air. Lynx jumped backwards creating an oval of smoke and struck the ground. He quickly moved away right against the walls of the arena. Where he struck the ground began to turn to magma on a huge scale reaching Damian quickly. A hole of lava surrounded the strike and dug downwards and towards Damian who looked on in pure fear.

From the centre lava began to fly upwards. Lynx had created a volcano."

"I surrender" Damian said.

As he did a large spurt of lava flied out and aimed itself at Damian. People from the crowd grabbed Damian and pulled him into safety.

Lynx turned the aura on his fist to water. This was the first time he ever did this. From where he was he jumped into the hole he had created. Everyone heard a huge bang. Steam flew out of the centre and filled the arena. It was enough to be mistaken as a hot spring. The crowd watched as the lava began to turn to obsidian.

"The winner is the fire fist Lynx! Because of what just happened we are going to have to move to the arena next door but wow. He turned the arena grounds into pure obsidian!" Vana shouted.

The crowd of people promptly left the steamy arena and moved over to the next.

11