Chapter 21: Recovery
266 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

News of the 7 deadly sins spread across the globe including 3 being sealed by the calamities.

The calamities are known as the strongest humans. None match them and they can't be stopped. Pocrea, Lukas and James hold this title. Each are continent class and only they can stop each other. It requires a few country class people to equal one continent class already but they were special. Almost as if they weren't even continental.

James was the weakest of the 3 but definitely was not a weak link. They all earned their titles being what they were called; the calamities.

A few years back there was a fair woman who everyone found pretty. She wandered around with a katana with an abnormally long blade. She used to be an adventurer until one day she felt an urge. She was too strong, she wanted to test her strength. The woman was known to get angry easily and enjoyed fighting.

One day she walked into a city and saw a little girl. She played with her for a bit and continued on. She came back to see the girl being attacked by a group of people. She ran over to save her but she was too late. The group recognised the lady and began to run. Her fair face was very deceiving. You would think her to be kind until she began to get angry.

The group split up in different directions and ran from her. She wasn't sure if she would remember all of their faces and she wasn't going to let them get away so she rampaged around the city destroying it in a few minutes. Her anger still handed soothed.

She continues and another city fell, then another and another. After 30 minutes she had claimed the entire country with her anger. She hadn't moved from the first city she was in yet the entire country crumbled and burned around her.

A man who had survived walked up to her and confronted her. He wore double hand blades and challenged the angry woman. Their fight lasted 2 days and nights. If the country was still standing it would've fallen under the fight. This happened until she collapsed from hunger and exhaustion and the man carried her away.

Nearby was another man watching with a longsword on his back perplexed by the strength the man had shown taking on the woman.

These 3 were the only survivors of the country and became known to the world as the calamities.

By then the three had only gotten stronger. By the time 3 demon lords bearing deadly sins had been sealed they were all continental class.

A few months had passed since the sealing of the sins and Asmodeus was staring at his food.

"Ah what a good servant you are to me!" Asmodeus shouted with glee.

"I live only to serve you" the king responded.

Before Asmodeus' eyes were 50 soldiers hand selected by the emperor of Spajainia and trained specifically for Asmodeus.

"It's a good thing they fell under my lust before they were stronger or this would've been long" Asmodeus beamed.

He walked up to one and touched him with both his hands. The man began to shake and a white bubble came out of his mouth. Asmodeus grabbed it, stretched and stuffed it in his mouth.

"Oh, that tasted good" Asmodeus said as the man's body flopped to the floor.

He kept going until all of their souls had been eaten by him. Or so he had thought. There was one playing dead.

"My lord. I believe you only ate 49. I think I saw to bodies drop one of the times" the emperor deduced.

The man felt fear. All of his friends died before him and didn't even scream. The man left had a strong will. He resisted Asmodeus' sin of lust that made him lust for power from the start but he did what everyone else was doing.

This led to the situation where he is now. He never once thought it may end in his death. He was stronger, he was now among the few who were continental among the top B class disaster levels yet it wasn't enough. He could tell he couldn't win. His gut told him no lies either. After absorbing all of those souls Asmodeus was now triple as strong as a normal continental being. He was even higher than an advanced continental being. He was half the strength of planetary being. He rivalled Satan, Belphegor and Lucifer.

With this Asmodeus had become the strongest sin.

"Someone is hiding? My sin didn't work from the start it seems, it is impossible to break free midway after all. But it doesn't matter, I will kill everyone until I find him" Asmodeus laughed.

He sat down on the emperors throne and sticked his finger out. His body covered itself in fuwa and the fuwa stretched off his body stabbing the dead men's heart with complete accuracy piercing it. He went one by one. The fuwa stretched out to a person's chest then shrunk back to Asmodeus' finger. He did this until one person covered there body with fuwa.

"I knew you would cover yourself. I mean letting me pierce your heart is the same as dying anyway and I would still take your soul making your efforts useless. I don't want to accidentally destroy this place so die quietly" Asmodeus sighed.

The man stood up and vulcanised his fuwa. He picked one of his dead comrades swords and prepared to face Asmodeus whilst his legs shook.

"You are an idiot. But I like your balls, I will let you live... in fact, you can come with me" Asmodeus smiled.

Before the man realised what had happened Asmodeus was behind him holding the sword that he had pointed at the demon. He looked into his hands shocked as he saw Asmodeus playing with the weapon.

"This will do" Asmodeus smiled "Peasant I will be back"

"Yes" the emperor responded

He picked up and threw the man in the sky and made his nether into black wings and took flight out of Spajainia. He soon arrived on Ochea in record time with the man in his fingers. He was already in Ntral after another 5 minutes.

He dropped the man and stared at the frozen demons who were lined up in a barren desert of what was once 2 countries. He threw the black fire known as nether around the 3 in a circle and watched as they began to soften and the grey stone turned to skin.

After waiting the 3 demons faced Asmodeus.

"Leviathan lucked out staying home I guess" Lucifer sighed

"This is what I get when I'm not lazy" Belphegor mumbled

"Can I eat him Asmodeus" Satan said staring at the man Asmodeus brought with him.

"You're going home right now. If you don't listen to me I will absorb all of you. You have been sealed for a few months now and I made sure I was strong enough to beat you all at once before I came here. Do anything like this again and it will be the end" Asmodeus commanded.

"The end? What you going to do absorb us?" Satan laughed then he realised his mistake.

"You know I can. Not yet but I can and will. Now go back" Asmodeus commanded "You're free to go"

"Me?" the man asked as he looked at Asmodeus.

"No the guy next to you. Go before I change my mind" Asmodeus screamed

The man ran away whilst Asmodeus walked away with the other sins. Before they got far James, Pocrea and Lukas blocked them.

"So you came. Azazel told me you would. You are Asmodeus right?" Lukas asked.

"I just want to fight" Pocrea sighed out of nowhere.

"Why do I have to do this" James lamented.

"Move before you die" Lucifer warned "I don't know how much stronger you guys have gotten in the past few months but understand..."

"This man will kill you" Satan smiled devilishly finishing Lucifer's sentence whilst pointing at Asmodeus.

"We may have failed but he won't. Bye I kinda wanna sleep" Belphegor groaned as he walked past the three blocking him accompanied by Lucifer and Satan.

"Where do you think you guys are going!" James screamed.

"If you can beat him I will just let you seal me again without retaliating" Belphegor said

"You are just too lazy to keep fighting" Lucifer noted.

The three disappeared and went back to the northern empire as instructed.

"You're that strong" Pocrea drooled in anticipation.

"This will do" Asmodeus smiled happily looking at his sword.

"It's not even rare, that's a normal sword" James noted.

"I'm aware. I don't need anymore than this" Asmodeus responded

All four of them vulcanised their fuwa. The ground around them began to evaporate.

The weapons clashed against each other sending shocks throughout the entirety of Ochea. Pocrea, James and Lukas could tell that Asmodeus was dangerous. The fight was never neck and neck. Asmodeus was merely testing his strength, if he went all out he would destroy Ochea and he wanted to avoid that. The synchronization of the calamities were to be feared. Even though Asmodeus was stronger it mattered little if they all blocked and he couldn't hit him.

Asmodeus wanted the battle to end as soon as possible. The longer it continued the more damage he would deal to Ochea.

It was for but a moment but even before the calamities Asmodeus disappeared. He moved faster than they could see. He kicked each one of them away separately into different directions.

He first went for Lukas. He was the strongest and the most annoying out of the trio. Lukas didn't understand what happened. He was about to attack Asmodeus before to him it seemed like he teleported into the air. On top of him was Asmodeus with huge black wings of nether. He zoomed down and landed a punch on Lukas that was also a push. He pushed Lukas down to the ground with his weight. He flew downwards at high speeds with his fist on Lukas. The punch only landed when Lukas touched the floor. He made a deep crater lit with black lava where Lukas laid.

Lukas was on the verge of unconsciousness. His sheer willpower kept him awake and helped him to keep his fuwa around him saving him from the black lava well he was encased in. Lukas' battle switched from defeating Asmodeus to staying alive long enough to escape the well of black lava he was drowning in.

Pocrea heard a loud thud and the sound of lava before she saw Asmodeus. She had swung her long bladed katana at Asmodeus before he completely disappeared and returned. Asmodeus gave her a heavy kick to the head sending her flying away and immobile.

James had just managed to see what happened unlike the others. He saw Asmodeus moving like a shadow at high speeds taking out Lukas and Pocrea one by one. He watched as Asmodeus sprinted towards him destroying the ground.

Even though James was the weakest his eyes never lied and he had the fastest reflexes. Asmodeus began to punch him but he just managed to block them with his longsword. He watched as Asmodeus' fist began to burn slightly.

"So you can see me" Asmodeus noted "Impressive"

Asmodeus instead switched the sword in his left hand to his right and swung down on James. The blow was enough to destroy the 2 countries all over again. Since Asmodeus and all continent level beings are so strong they have to hold in their fights. Energy leaks can obliterate by accident so they all learned to put more power into their weapons than let it leak out.

James was actually stronger than Lukas and Pocrea but he was bad at containing his power which led to his defeat by Asmodeus' attack. He was sent down into the ground and his longsword flew into the air and embedded itself in his left arm.

Asmodeus had won.

"He wasn't too bad" Asmodeus acknowledged as he made his fuwa into wings and flew back to Spajainia.

The dorm shook whilst Kami was training. It happened again and again and again. Everyone in Helix believed it was an earthquake. They prepared themselves accordingly. After a while the shaking stopped. This was the end of Asmodeus' battle.

Kami's training was moving at slow speeds. He had gotten better at controlling his aether after the past few months but that was about it. He could use it for longer. Aether is special. It flows like a fast current river making it hard to control even for Kami. He could use it but that was about it.

Kami had grown too fast. Even the 2nd years when he was a 1st year couldn't use aether. The school were debating whether they should let him go or not and it wasn't just him, though it wasn't for long Liliana could somewhat use it along with Lynx and Lyon.

A few more months passed and a ruling was decided. They were to graduate early. Early graduation was a rare occurrence and it got the whole schools attention however. They were still members of Dix and as such had to return for the Necrosis for the 1st years.

Until the necrosis, the students were free to do as they pleased. They had all been drafted for the military but that was after their 2 year minimum time at Helix. Them graduating early was a loophole Kami intended to use.

"Lyon. About that sword" Kami started whilst smiling.

9