Chapter 26: Despair
187 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't be scared. There are only three of them!" Colt shouted at the bandits

They chanted back at him as they rushed forwards covered in aura towards Kirgo, Damian and Drew. Colt covered himself in aura and walked forwards behind his bandits watching as they got thrown into the air and sky by the three wearing armours of aether. He for once took out his dual katanas with triggers and coated them in aether.

"I may be weaker than you three but I know I can still win" he laughed waving his swords around like a madman.

Drew punched past multiple bandits making them lose their weak auras instantly.

"I will take him. Any problems?" Drew stated

They were silent as they bashed the heads of the foolish bandits against their fists.

Drew jumped up and began running on his opponents head and aimed a kick towards Colt. He blocked with his weapons and they engaged in stuff combat. Drew threw three punches in a combo with two being blocked and the last one landing on Colt. Colt was evidently losing already.

His aether aura was zapped away slightly by the overpowering amount that was Drew's. Colt moved back and jumped up with a frontflip. His sword spun with him until they landed hard on Drew's shoulders. The attack sent Drew feet into the ground and he felt the attack even though he was weaker.

"These blades are both legendary. Even if I'm weaker I can still fight as an equal with these" Colt laughed

He moved in to thrust against Drew's chest but both blades were caught.

"Enough of your games" Drew sighed.

He headbutted Colt without letting go of the blades but neither did Colt. He felt his consciousness begin to leave him slowly.

"No better time that now" he coughed

Colt put his finger on the triggers on his katanas repeatedly and loud bangs continuously went off. Drew released the blades and moved backwards grabbing his chest. His aether aura disappeared and he coughed blood. He fell over on the floor.

"I knew it would work" Colt smiled as his blades released smoke

"DREW!!!" Kirgo and Damian shouted.

They pushed the remainder of the bandits away and tried to move towards him but the bandits saw an opportunity and held them down. Colt quickly rushed towards them.

"Don't bother. He is dead. You both can join him" Colt smiled as he pointed both blades at their heads.

As he was about to pull the trigger he felt a hand grasp on his legs.

"Drew!!" Damian shouted as he watched Drew try and stand up using Colt for support.

"I'm not out of the game yet" he spitted

Colt kicked him over but that moment was enough. The bandits were shocked and weakened their grips around Kirgo and Damian. They pushed them off and grabbed Colt by the neck.

"What do you think you just done!" Kirgo shouted

Damian threw Colt's swords out of his hand whilst Kirgo launched Colt over his shoulder. Colt was just about conscious from all of that but his head was spinning. Damian thrust his knee into Colt destroying the ground around them and knocking Colt out completely. They rushed over to Drew.

"Po...crea" Drew said as he pointed towards Pocrea. Afterwards his hand dropped and he went into an eternal slumber.

Dino Theo and Leland were struggling against the beast that was Pocrea. Leland repelled Pocrea's nodachi but was sent flying backwards. He was just happy his sword didn't break. Pocrea moved towards him at the same speed he was flying away and punched him deep into the ground.

"That is two. One is gone and I just planted another"

Theo again thought this was him. He was supposed to be keeping her away from Dino whilst supporting Leland but that was asking for too much anyway.

Dino had no weapon only Theo which made what happen next bad.

"Dino. I will end you!" Pocrea screamed as he aimed her blade upwards.

Theo went next to Dino and put his sword up ready to guard against the wind slash but that wasn't what it was.

Her blade began to throw black fire off randomly and the aether got golder. She moved towards Dino and slashed downwards. Theo blocked the attack whilst Dino raised his hands. They both got pushed deeper and deeper into the ground. Dino felt nether coming of her blade and it went into him. His aether began to weaken quickly as he couldn't equalise the amount she was releasing. Theo's blade broke and she cut off his head. The blade wasn't done with its bloodthirst. It went through the ground turning it black and separated Dino's body in two.

The members of Dix had lost. Whilst her blade was still against Dino she removed her fuwa and flicked the blood off her nodachi.

"I could've just let the blood burn by my nether but this is cooler. Isn't that right boys" she said pointing towards Kirgo and Damian who looked distraught.

They wanted to scream as she moved closer but no words came out of their mouths. They both dropped to their knees and removed their auras as they watched Pocrea step over the remainder of their friends and peacefully walk past them.

"You may live. I only kill what angers me. You have been dropped in a pool of despair. Drown in that until your last breath" she said as she sheathed her nodachi and walked towards the city of Masseth.

Back in the school of Helix Lukas looked at Alex and smiled.

"Do you think that level of aether would be enough to stab me with my own blade?" he laughed

Alex tried to pull away but was too slow. Lukas grabbed his wrist and squashed it until it came off his body. He fell backwards now with only a left hand. Lukas pried the hand blade off the hand and put it back on.

"Now. The fun starts" he smiled

He ran around everyone and covered both hand blades in excessive amount of nether. He put his hand blades against only the aura of the students never actually touching them. Their aura was eaten by the nether instantly and they weren't able to fight. Lynsiria tried to fight back but her aura too was reaped. They all fell to the ground upon their defeat.

"I was going easy on you lot only using the hand with the hand blade I had. If I used both hands regardless this would've happened anyway" he laughed "After all I WAS holding back"

Lukas didn't know how to get out of the room they trapped him in but he didn't care. He attacked the hard double doors until they broke open and headed over to Pocrea.

They both met in the middle of the town.

"Oh I didn't realise you came too Lukas. I'm guessing you stole some of the fun from me" she sighed

"Well I wasn't exactly going to stop you because it was an order but I knew you were going to get sidetracked so I came as well" he responded

"Well. Where is Kami. He is evidently not on your shoulders knocked out"

"Actually he is not here. He is apparently clearing an SS dungeon or super dungeon"

"Really? Before I lost myself in rage someone said he had left. Seems they weren't lying but shouldn't he still be at Helix finishing his time there?"

"He finished early like we did. So if we waited he would come back for the Necrosis"

"I guess I can patiently wait. If he is in a dungeon it's not like we can get him now anyway. Let's go back"

They both walked off back to where they came from.

"Oh apparently he is clearing the dungeon with James" Lukas said

"That guy. Always interfering whether he knows or doesn't" Pocrea responded kissing her teeth.

"Well if Kami clears that dungeon won't Azazel be happy? I mean Kami will be stronger" Lukas assumed

"Well probably. He talked a lot about the stronger the person the better quality their soul is. And something about Kami being special and can get strong easily but I didn't really listen to that" Pocrea responded

And so their conversation continued until they had completely left the vicinity of the capital city of Masseth.

Afterwards Marcus was awake and arrived at where his battle with Pocrea once was.

"Oh my God" he said with a distraught voice.

Kirgo and Damian had put Dino and Theo behind them after gathering their parts. Leland looked on with shock at the deaths that surrounded them.

"I can't believe this" Leland said

"So many died because of one woman" Marcus voiced dropping to his knees. A tear ran down from his face as he scrunched up his face in anger "She's going to pay!"

"Yeah!" the rest shouted gripping their swords.

"But this is my fault, had I no-" Marcus began before being cut off

"No, it wasn't" Kirgo and Damian said in unison

"She is the reason this happened" Damian said with anger punching the floor where Drew lay.

"But if I had kept one more of you over here in the fight..." Marcus insisted staring at the ground

"No. You were not here anymore so you didn't see. The bandits got on top of us when we ran for Drew. If it was only one of us say for example me. I would've died" Kirgo reassured

Everyone explained what happened between each fight to each other

"We should kill her and kill that Colt guy first" Leland said

"I agree" Marcus responded "If he is alive we should end him"

They all walked over to him to find his body as well as a few bandits missing.

"Dammit!" Damian screamed "I think he was carried away"

"This is bad but they died doing what they planned on doing and that was protecting the city" Leland reassured everyone

"Actually I saw Lukas walk off with Pocrea" Marcus started "When I was walking back over here I saw it. They made me run over here, I was wondering why she had left"

Everyone went silent. They thought their efforts were for naught. Shortly after adventurers arrived.

"GO AWAY! YOU ARRIVED TOO LATE. YOU HEARD THE ALARM AND WATCHED US DIE!" Marcus shouted "YOU ONLY CAME SINCE YOU HEARD NO MORE EARTHQUAKES AND ASSUMED SHE HAD LEFT. GO AWAY!!"

The adventurers tried to approach them but Leland, Kirgo and Damian pointed their weapons at them as if ready to fight them whilst Marcus stared at his dead friends.

"Revenge" Marcus started "Each of us will become strong enough to take her on. Let's form a party"

They all turned around and looked at Marcus listening intently.

"How will we get stronger?" Damian asked

"And what will our name be" Kirgo asked

"Zetsubou"

"What does that mean?" Leland asked

"She told you two to despair forever right?" Marcus said pointing at Kirgo and Damian "In Spajainia a language called Japanese was introduced about a century ago. It is Japanese for Despair"

The rest began to listen to Marcus' every word.

"We aren't adventurers. Let's become some, we will go into dungeons and clear them even S class ones. We will join CAG and us alone will take on a super dungeon. We aren't in the war yet so let's join it. In four months we will be added like we were supposed to. Let's climb the ranks, take on dangerous foes and become a battalion of four. We don't know magic. So let's learn it, I don't care if it is forbidden. How many people know fuwa? How many of them have been stopped?" Marcus explained "First up is learning fuwa. Forget the war, we are fast learners. Let's learn fuwa THEN join the war effort. When the war is done let's collect different things from these dungeons and get better gear to take out that woman. I want us to be so strong that when we fight her she KNOWS that even against one of us she stands no chance. Let's do this!"

They all agreed and promised to take down that monster in front of all of their dead friends FOR all of their dead friends. They left the bodies and set to get into a ruminate country or Ntral a place that is believed to not just teach magic or aura but fuwa as well.

The nearby adventurers heard this conversation and headed back to the city. They spread this rumour quickly. It didn't take long for all the people in Masseth to now know the name of the party Zetsubou who planned on killing a calamity.

5