Chapter 31: Interrogation
134 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Kami came to he was strapped to a chair in a dark room. His hands had been bonded onto a table in front of him by large metal cuffs along with his legs and torso.

He tried to move but he was stuck.

"Dammit. It's just a misunderstanding" he mumbled

"What is?" a masculine voice responded

Kami didn't realise because he was still groggy when he woke up but now his eyes began to adjust to the darkness and he could make out the silhouette of someone sitting opposite him.

"Where am I? Can you free me I swear I am from and have only been to a ruminate country" Kami pleaded

"You are in a place you most likely will never leave. You're trapped here" the voice declared "If you tell me any intel you have collected during your stay in Brunay and anything on your home country we would be happy to give you better accommodations"

"You mean?"

"If you tell us what you know we can give you a candle and remove all of your cuffs and trade out your wrist cuffs for some that don't tie you down to the table"

Kami realised that the cuffs were most likely to keep him from using fuwa. He noticed his waist felt lighter. His money and weapons were gone.

"What did you do with my blades!" Kami screamed "Give them back!"

"No can do. You are very dangerous. You almost managed to join our barracks and could kill every soldier on our side before returning. You're a covert op aren't you?" the man deduced

"You want to know how I learnt fuwa right?" Kami screamed

He began thinking of a way that wouldn't get him in trouble. Then he realised. There was no way that he could get in trouble.

"So you wish to cooperate? tell me. What school did you attend in the mana countries before Helix" the man prodded

"None. I attended Helix, finished early and then completed a super dungeon with a few of my friends. I have never seen a mana country in my life" Kami responded

The man opposite Kami went silent.

"Do you have proof you went there?" the man questioned

"Yes. My white sword was a reward. I went with James, Ly-" Kami said before he could continue

"James?!" the man shouted "Saying you explored a super dungeon and survived isn't a believable lie already. But with James a calamity and our ex general no less?"

"If you can find him ask him. He can vouch for me, that is how I learnt it" Kami explained

Now Kami knew why James could use fuwa in front of people and not care. Didn't explain Lukas and Pocrea but it was information.

The man knocked on the table and stood up. Kami saw light opening through a door whilst he watched the man leave submerging him in darkness and total isolation. Kami didn't care if he did nothing wrong. He shouldn't be chained down even if it meant he would be thought to be lying.

He began pulling against the cuffs tying him down. Even for him they were very hard. He couldn't move. He tried his legs and kept pushing. He felt them slightly begin to move until they popped open. Kami tried to use any of his spiritual power to no prevail. Now he understood something. Either one of these cuffs or all of them cancel out his powers. He still had his torso and wrists clamped down but this was good enough for now.

Kami went into the his world that he recently named Paira to ask Gora or Paimon if they could get him out of this situation.

When Kami went in he was surprised to see the world had turned grey and Paimon and Gora were chained down to the floor of the world.

"As you can see that is impossible unless we are free. When someone uses cuffs to block out half of their power this is what would happen if the power was personified" Paimon sighed

"Can't I just break you out?" Kami noted

"You could but that would be even harder than breaking free from your chains" Gora acknowledged

"But if you could it would make you stronger. This world... Paira as you call it is completely spiritual. That means any power you have in here is purely based off spiritual power however you are always the overlord even in a situation like this. But the spiritual energy you would need to use would be separate from any aura, magic or fuwa. If you could break us out of this that would mean you got that much stronger" Paimon acknowledged

But Kami knew this was basically impossible already. Most people who use spiritual energy have their strength based off pure strength and aura and magic. He didn't know anything about this different type of spiritual energy at all.

Kami decided to stay in Paira whilst he thought of a way out. Time in Paira flowed faster than in the real world. Since Kami had nothing to do or stare at besides darkness he decided that watching Gora and Paimon in chains on the floor was at least more interesting. And he could move around which was a huge bonus.

"Don't worry. We are used to this. Now that we are trapped inside of you we already became accustomed to being chained down" Paimon admitted

"Still doesn't mean you need to stay like this" Kami noted whilst he paced around

"There is another way besides forcefully breaking us out" Gora said

"What is it?" Kami asked

"Oh that's what you mean Gora? Basically their is a knife in here that can cut through anything. If I got it I would use it to kill you and Gora and take over your body but unfortunately only you can find and use it" Paimon explained "I don't know where it is but there isn't any point. It can only be used twice meaning if you free us there are no more uses"

Kami thought about this. He thought there had to be another way around this.

"Why can't you guys force yourselfs out. If you get stronger then that would make this easier" Kami thought aloud

"We are made of spiritual energy. These chains were made to bind us completely. Those are your only options" Gora explained

Kami turned around and left Paira. About three hours had passed during the interaction he had with them yet the man who was speaking to him before still hadn't returned. Kami sat their for a bit until a hole was forced open through the door shining a small amount of light onto Kami. Someone had tried to swing Asura sending her all the way back to Kami.

She rested in Kami's waist like normal.

This was his chance. If he could touch her with any part of his body he could escape. Kami began flexing his abdominals and leaning over to the blade. He got closer and closer until his elbow was touching the hilt. He knew that he had minimal time before someone found out where the blade went but they would definitely check Kami so he had to escape fast.

"Asura. Make me strong enough to break out of these cuffs"

"Wish within criteria. Wish granted"

Kami felt it. Since his legs were twice as strong as his arms his legs got free but now his arms were twice as strong and this continued through to the rest of his body. Kami began resisting until the metal was pulled apart and destroyed on his wrists. He then grabbed onto what was chaining him down on his torso and pulled that apart.

"Asura give me night vision"

Kami's wish was granted. These were the first times other than when he asked to fly that Kami asked for something that were instantaneous enhancements to his body. He looked around the room and saw nothing. He didn't want to break out with no wishes as he wanted to wish for the location of the sword of time and his money. He could tell this place was at least a national secret so he would need a wish or to break everywhere to find what was his again.

Kami returned to Paira.

The atmosphere was different. The world glowed black and gold once again and Paimon and Gora sat on their chairs in their opposite worlds once again.

"Oh you're back!" Paimon said nonchalantly "I see you freed yourself. Well. I can feel you freed yourself I guess"

"Is it possible for me to hide Asura in here?" Kami asked

"Oh. I see, so that's where... yes. It has been turned into a spiritual blade giving it special powers. The blade can come but not the hilt that is physical. Whilst wishing to stay here grab the blade and stab yourself. As long as you wish to stay here the blade will come into this world" Gora explained

"How can I trust you. That's like telling me to casually die. I'm not about to commit seppuku for any of you" Kami uttered with conviction

[Seppuku is suicide with a sword. For the non weebs. Historical lesson-You cut open your belly. It was done in fuedal Japan to restore honour to a persons family after tainting their families reputation. If you stole from someone seppuku would be a way to honourably die so your family don't get labeled as thieves]

"First of all. I'm not Paimon. I died ages ago and came to terms with that. If you don't wish to trust me I can't force you. But if you do, make sure you continue to think about Paira whilst you place the sword inside of yourself or you will end up stabbing yourself and dying" Gora noted

Kami could hear footsteps outside the room. This was bad. He could either break out and hope for the best or trust Gora. Gora was a god so if he couldn't trust him there was no trusting anyone.

Kami continued to think about Paira and moved his hand towards Asura. He felt how hard it was to do. His movement speed had been halved. Kami grabbed the blade. The door began to open. He was scared but this was the only way. He pushed the blade into his stomach until only the hilt showed.

As he did the blade along with the scabbard too disappeared and came out of Kami's stomach. Weirdly enough he felt no pain. Paimon lunged for the sword but Kami nailed him down into the ground with everything he could think of.

"Now go back to the real world and hide the hilt!" Gora commanded

Kami obeyed the command and put the hilt in his pants before placing his arms in the same position they were in before.

The man sat down and stayed silent for a bit.

"So. I brought James" the man said

Kami was in the clear.

"He said you and a few others DID get fuwa like you said so we are willing to free you" the man began "However since you will be coming here anyway you can stay here"

"So I'm in the military?" Kami responded

"Yes. We will return what we took. Just stay here" the man explained

The man lit lights in the room with fire illuminating it. He looked at Kami's hand and smiled. Afterwards he promptly walked out and away. Kami returned to Paira.

Kami saw Gora holding the blade he brought in whilst Paimon looked depressed. Most likely because he never got Asura.

"I don't know why you look so sad Paimon. If you swing this sword it would fly right out of Kami" Gora explained

Kami came for that information. Now he didn't need to stay. After a brief exchange Kami went back and pointed the hilt away from him whilst the sword slowly regained its blade and the scabbard flew down from mid air out of nowhere.

Soon the man returned with Kami's remaining sword and money. He also didn't look shocked when he saw Kami had Asura.

"I am Rear Admiral Hawk. I apologise for the way we met but now that the misunderstanding has been cleared up let's get you into our ranks" the man explained

Hawk led Kami around the campus until he was standing outside the barracks. He was brought in and was not surprised by the familiar faces he saw.

Zelphar was there most likely because of where he placed in the Necrosis. Raymond, Lilith, Bella, Alex, Fosig, Lyon, Lynx, Liliana which excluding Kami were the remainder of Dix as well as Kirgo, Damian, Leland and Marcus who were Zetsubou, the group planning on killing Pocrea.

Amongst the group were a few unknown and less important people but along with Kami, these were the people who drew the most attention.

They were all gathered in the main area of the barracks which was relatively small but it was split between men and women. This was the only section where both could be. Kami joined the rest of the people.

Afterwards a dwarf wearing green clothing and a large battleaxe briefly spoke to Hawk who then left and left everything too the dwarf.

"Hello worms! I am your captain of pain! My name is Kag. Call me Captain Kag Sir when you address me. When you make it through your training you will be working under me. I am the leader of your squadron but there will be people beneath me ordering you around. You get on their bad side and you will get on mine. That is not something you want" the man explained

Someone raised their hand and Kag threw a rock straight at them.

"I DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION FOR QUESTIONS BUCKET! IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND GO TO SCHOOL!" Kag spitted "Now. Throughout your training you will be wearing cuffs on your arms and legs as well as a weighted vest. All of these will make you stronger and feel how it feels to be completely weak doing training you probably don't even need for most of you. I will lead your basic training for the next 15 weeks. If you don't pass you will be either dead or redoing it until you do. Now follow me so I can hand out your equipment"

Everyone got into a single file line and followed Kag in silence. He threatened to punish everyone if anyone spoke.

They eventually reached a large field where they saw equipment spread out.

"Now split yourselves into three groups. The far left for city class, the far right for continental class and the middle for country" Kag explained

This too was done in silence. In front of everyone were equipment that would make the training feel like they had never done a pushup in their life. The cuffs were all weighted and restricted the use of fuwa if anyone had any and the weights were just heavy.

The cuffs all had different strengths but it was possible to use spiritual power with enough training so they could overpower the cuffs.

"Now get into groups for strength. If you are physically a town far left, far right for country and middle for city" Kag explained

This time only Zetsubou and Lynx stood in the country whilst the rest were elsewhere.

"Captain Kag Sir! I am aware there is no questions but I am a basic continent class even when it is only strength!" Kami shouted.

This was true he asked Asura but that didn't mean his fuwa was weak it just meant the continental class was that hard to move up in after all his power both physically and spiritually swelled.

"Think yourself a tough guy eh. Put on 4 of the country class weights and be done" Kag laughed

They were all sent swiftly back to the barracks and ordered to go to bed. They had an early and rough few weeks ahead of them. This would be their final day of luxury.

3