Chapter 32: Pilot
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kami and co were woken up to the sound of pots of pans that Kag was banging loudly as he walked down the beds that were laid on both sides. It was 5am.

"WAKE UP OR I'LL SPLASH YOU!" Kag screamed

Kami was slightly expecting this but knew he would have no problems seeing how he only needed an hour of sleep. Most were stood up in front of their bed knowing how important it was that they didn't keep sleeping.

"I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO WAKE UP!" Kag exclaimed

He threw a bucket of cold ice water at a bed. The heavy sleeper screamed as he felt the ice cover his body and instantly wake him up. He was forced to do thirty push ups for not waking up when Kag came through along with a few others that got the same treatment.

"Normally I have one of my sargeants train the new recruits but I can tell you lot are special. Don't make me change my mind!" Kag screamed

They were brought outside where they each had to put on heavy packs on top of the weights they were already wearing.

"You will go for probably the longest and worst run of your lives right now. Complete it and earn breakfast, fail and wait until dinner! Anyone who stops misses out on breakfast" Kag exclaimed

Kag let them go whilst he watched them. They did 10 laps around the two kilometre perimeter of the army. Zetsubou had determined looks as they pushed themselves in their group of four onwards from the middle of the group. Near the back were the majority of the people and where the pack was. Liliana, Zelphar and most gathered here. Kami and Lynx were leading whilst they had a race to see who would complete it first.

Even with the four packs and the backpack he was wearing, Kami was still leading and had a good forty metre lead on Lynx. This so far was too easy to challenge him.

Kami completed it in an hour whilst Lynx dropped by ten minutes. Zetsubou finished on the hour and thirty mark whilst the rest that DID finish took 2 hours. The ones that stopped lost out on breakfast but still had to complete the mileage. Any that took longer than 2 hours also lost out on breakfast.

Once everyone was finish the ones that failed were ordered to drop their packs and do 100 star jumps.

From there everyone began doing sprints with their packs on and did thousands of push ups under Kag. If anyone was out of pace or stopped everyone had to start again. This happened a few times. When that was done they all did flutter kicks for a few hours with short rests. Kag warned them that today he was going easy. Eventually there would be no rest between flutter kicks for them and considering their stomachs hurt to the point that they thought they may die if they ever laughed again this had serious weight in their hearts.

The group were told to stand up and were given a minute to run into the food hall so they could eat. This included the people who couldn't get food however they weren't allowed in. Luckily no one failed to reach the food hall or they would join the people outside the food hall who were doing push ups and squats until the people inside were done.

They were given five minutes to eat their food. Their meal consisted of wet scrambled eggs, a potato, hash browns and two sausages. A few people went over their time for eating breakfast and lost their right to eat dinner. This was brutal and it was only the first day. The only reason Kami was holding up so far was because his body adapts well and he has done harder training than this so far but this was still almost the hardest training he has done to date excluding the run since this is the weakest he has ever been.

After eating it was straight back to training. These 15 weeks would have no rest in them.

They put their packs back on and went for another run around the perimeter with half the distance. Luckily everyone managed to get through it without stopping. Kag got them to take off their packs and they swam in an ice cold lake for two laps which was 100m. Anyone who couldn't swim was forced to learn on the spot. Swimming was hard enough but swimming in the cold is hard even for skilled swimmers.

Their bodies were bodies that were submerged in cold water felt cold and hot whilst they swam. They struggled for air as they almost hyperventilated due to the cold. Zelphar had to be saved by Kami as he almost drowned. He and a few others were having it worse than it really was since they couldn't swim.

Afterwards they jumped out and did 200 pull ups. All in 20 sets of 10 reps. Just like with the push ups, anytime anyone fell or lagged behind everyone restarted. Kag decided to remind everyone today was an easy day with a sadistic look on his face. The man was enjoying the suffering.

They finished up with more push ups and flutter kicks before to the food hall once again. This was the only time they were able to eat and weren't rushed. Simple spaghetti, their lives seemed as tough as the strings of spaghetti they were eating.

They then headed back to the barracks to sleep. No one spoke. They could barely even move and their core hurt from all the flutter kicks they had done. Talking was a death sentence.

Day one was done and day two was now upon them.

"Now you dirt buckets!" Kag began "Like I said yesterday, yesterday was a preview of today. You will have no rest during everything. If none of you mess up things won't be too harder so try not to"

As they all stood in front of their beds they felt their lats, abdominals and legs burn from the day before. This was a feeling Kami was used to. He knew that by the next day it would be gone but to anyone not used to the feeling this was most likely the start of Post Traumatic Stress.

Kami let out a slight snicker.

"Dirt Bucket! You over there!" Kag said pointed at Kami "What you laughing for?"

"No good reason Captain Kag sir!" Kami responded seriously

"Give me 20!" Kag responded

Kami sighed as he went down and started doing his 20. Kag walked right up to Kami until his legs were touching Kami's arms and he bended down.

"DON'T SIGH WHEN I GIVE YOU AN ORDER MAGGOT! NOW GIVE ME 60!" Kag spat all over Kami's head.

Kami did his reps and stood up. His arms burned slightly but it wasn't too much.

The training was the same as yesterday. More people failed the run, this included everyone except Kami, Lynx and all of Zetsubou. Rather unfortunate for them. They did push ups, squats and calf raises until everyone finished eating in their allotted 5 minutes.

The push ups were longer than the day before as more people failed to keep up with Kag's counting and reps which made the group restart only making the ordeal harder. Kami could feel it today. Now with no rest this was the hardest he had ever trained.

"I want you to know that this is only the first week. The first week is the warm up for the rest. Get used to this or die trying. REST WHEN YOU SLEEP!!" Kag screamed

Everyone went through the day in pure pain. If there was a way to drop out the majority would've done so after they missed out on breakfast.

Marcus gave words of encouragement not just to his group in Zetsubou but to anyone that were losing hope. Everyone was struggling but they were trying to come together.

Kag may seem like a pure tyrant but he wasn't. Everything he did was helping them. An example was the run. When they missed breakfast they knew they had to get faster and the exercises they did other than the push ups were specific to getting them faster. His job was to break and reform not to crush them.

The first week went by and most people had extreme cramps and struggled to raise their arms. The only people who never missed a meal were Kami, Lynx, Kirgo, Damian, Leland and Marcus. They weren't the hardest workers but they were the best and all the meals they didn't miss out on was proof of that.

According to Kag, week 2 was where it all started. And he wasn't lying. The cuffs of everyone were replaced with heavier ones and burpees were added into the mix. This was now pure hell.

Everyone who failed the run last week and had gotten better failed again as if their hard work was for naught. The passing time was 2 hours and it had dropped to 1 hour 50. The run had been increased by a lap and Kag warned the laps would increase every week. This got rid of a lot of people. The same people as last time passed and Kirgo just managed to get breakfast.

Their breakfast time had been reduced to three minutes and the people who failed had to do double the work as well as 50 burpees. When the people who didn't fail were done, they were forced to join the rest and do the exercises they were doing. They caught half of the work as well as the burpees.

Next they were told to sprint to the lake and jump in. Kag forced them to do four laps and afterwards they ended up treading water for a minute. It wouldn't of been so bad except the extra laps but they were now also wearing their packs.

Even Kami was swallowing water a few times each lap and barely managed to keep his head above the water whilst treading water.

"Climb out and warm yourselves up with burpees!" Kag instructed

They followed his orders and ended up doing 100 burpees with no rest at their own pace. That was the nicest Kag had been since they were allowed to take breaks.

"Now for another run!" Kag screamed

The run too was doubled. It was 2 hours and failing this resulted in no dinner. One recruit failed which wasn't too bad considering the morning.

Afterwards they were doing burpees again whilst incorporating jump squats into each rep making it even harder. If Kag said they weren't synchronised they started again and again and again.

Kag had them drop on the floor and hold the plank for a minute before making them do their push ups. The plank resulted in them starting and stopping more times as people got tired.

When they finished that they were straight onto flutter kicks. Every fibre of muscle in their stomachs had already been broken down and the flutter kicks were brutal. Some stopped and threw up but Kag remorselessly had the whole group stop and start again. There were no easy way out of his training and he made that clear.

The majority of their work was done. All that was left were the pull ups. The reps were the same but now they were wearing their packs. When they finally managed to finish they had ulcers all over their hands and their backs burned from the pull ups.

Kag finally had them get into a wide circle with about 1 metre between who they were next to where they performed what he called dead piggie. One person's pack was removed and they all through their packs over to the person on their right and did 10 squats.

Kag had them do this until they reached 200. When Kag said they were done they collapsed. They kept standing off sheer willpower alone.

Kag watched as each and every person crawled their way into the food hall for food. The one recruit who couldn't eat stood outside.

"If you can give me 10 push ups you can eat" Kag told the man

He dropped down and fell before he could even do one.

"Please Captain Kag sir. I am unbelievably hungry" the man pleaded

Kag stayed adamant. The man tried and tried whilst his legs shook violently and his face got red.

Raymond had finished and couldn't stand to watch this.

"Captain Kag sir! This is injustice. Would you allow me to replace him?" Raymond asked

Kag thought for a bit then smiled sadistically.

"Do his reps doubled and he can eat" Kag snarled

Raymond leaned forwards and let gravity push him to the ground. He looked up at the now crying starved man and told himself he had to do this. Raymond was in no better position than the man. He failed everything everyone else did and his arms hurt just as much.

Raymond closed his eyes as his did each rep as fast as he could. After the fifth rep the lactic acid had already caught up to him. He went up and down slowly with his legs shaking. In the name of justice he refused to let Kag beat him.

He got to the tenth rep and his legs were already shaking. His next rep would be his last but he convinced his brain he had only just started and had done no reps. He did rep after rep after rep as his arms burned from the lactic acid.

Raymond dropped as he did the final rep.

"Impressive" Kag clapped "You can eat go"

The man ran off inside after thanking the weakened Raymond.

"Don't come to regret that. Tomorrow will be no easier than today" Kag said as he walked inside

Soon everyone was back in the barracks. Lilith carried Raymond inside and Fosig brought Raymond into his bed. He couldn't move but he couldn't move after being a hero.

"Rest when you sleep aye?" Raymond mumbled

2