Chapter 35: SAF
137 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kami was directed by James to go to a building in the middle of campus to receive his rank and be moved to the SAF.

It was a tall stone building and as he walked in he saw all types of high ranking people walking and talking. They all lowered their voices and began looking at Kami as he entered.

"Isn't he the guy.." one said

"I would love to make him second in command for my platoon" another whispered

Up front was a desk where they asked him to sign in and wait in nearby chairs. The one who greeted him was Kag.

Kami instantly stood up and saluted.

"Relax. We are of same rank now" Kag said "We were successful at repelling Vashon by the way. None died"

Kami released a sigh of relief and relaxed his posture.

"Now. Under normal circumstances, you would be given your new rank at the end of this long conflict and with everyone but SAF is special and you somehow finished early" Kag started "Here. This is your badge captain Kami"

Kami took the gold badge and put it on his clothing. It was shaped in a diamond which was the same as Kag's but Kag's was black whilst Kami's was gold.

"We are grateful for your strength in the army sir" Kag said as he straightened his back and saluted

Kami was dumbfounded. The normally screaming captain of his company just saluted him with respect. And not in the way someone of higher rank would. But someone of lower rank.

"Why are you saluting?" Kami asked

"Even though you are a captain in the SAF and we are equals in name, if you ever left and returned to the general army you would be a Major general sir" Kag responded

Kami looked dumbfounded. Kami would be commanding 24 companies or 10,000 men. Only 3 ranks were above him and now and minimal people were in there. All because of Kami's tap of death.

[adszvolcano thanks for a good name for his ability]

Kag notified him that he no longer belonged to this army in name and his base of operations was no longer in Brunay. Kami had a long journey to go on and that was to Ntral.

By the time he arrived everyone had finished their training. James decided to allow Damian and Leland to join as even though they lost against Marcus and Kirgo respectively, they never left. They refused and continued training. James liked their attitude and deemed them worthy but there were no other exceptions. Everyone else who didn't pass failed.

Along with Kami, Lynx and all of Zetsubou got through. Everyone else failed. This was one of the smallest passing groups in SAF history.

Kami finally arrived within Ntral and was told to go to the capital city of Ntral Jasha. This was the most expensive city he had been in so far. The ground was made of literal silver and a few buildings were coated in gold. The head guild which was the head guild of Ochea was plated in diamond and it twinkled gently in the sky.

Kami had been here before but he was so tired he was panting looking down and left as quickly as he had came. The goal at the time was registering to CAG after he conquered the super dungeon but to him at the time the gold adventurers guild just looked yellow and bright and the floor was reflective but he thought nothing of it. He understood now. This was the top of the world. There was a good reason why no one had ever managed to turn Ochea into an empire or add it to their empire.

If they were willing to flaunt like this and not get touched. Ochea was dangerous.

Behind the head guild a few kilometres away was a huge army base larger than the one he was previously in and had a huge banner and a sign that said 'Super Army Prestige'.

Kami entered after being searched and validating who he was to the guards. The atmosphere was similar to what he remembered when he first entered CAG. Prestige. Everyone inside could back their talk and a fight would probably not be recommended.

Someone told him to go to the front desk and he was directed an empty room. A woman entered and asked for his measurements. After giving them to her she left and shortly returned with an outfit that was the same as the army one but complete white. He got changed after she left and put his badge over it.

A man walked in soon after he got changed and sat down near him.

"Hello. My name is Zael. I am the absolute leader here who will be telling you where to go and when to arrive in future fights" Zael explained

Kami instantly stood up and saluted.

"Relax. We work differently here. I am your superior officer but I only tell you what to do. I can't get you to leave or downgrade you even if I tried" Zael sighed as Kami sat back down. "Now let me tell you how things work here. Everyone is put in SAF and the magic knights must form a squad. Titan can if they want. Pure choice. The only ranks here are captain, major general and general. Everyone in SAF or the magic knights MK are captains who follow whoever they made their squad leader. Major generals are whoever are in Titan and I am the only general. Everything you do is because I said it"

Kami understood what this meant. 

"Since you can use fuwa you're lucky and get to skip SAF. Not many people manage that" Zael says "Squad or solo? You decide. There isn't much to do unless I give an order but there is a room you and anyone under you can use" 

Kami was led to the empty room. There is only a chair inside. If Kami wanted anything else he would have to get it himself. Zael told Kami he had permission to do what he wanted even leaving the base which showed how rare members were sent out.

He talked to a few people nearby and learned that Titan members usually don't even have to leave the base. Kami added furniture to the room he had. He pushed the one chair in the room to the back and paid for a desk. He then paid for two couches and a rug. The room had a huge window at the back so not much else was needed.

A few days later Lynx had arrived and joined SAF. Once Lynx had good control over his nether he would also join Titan. Kami invited him to his two man squad and after this they were given a mission.

"Battles between Kalaika and Savon have been going awry. Savon said weird stuff has been happening to their men and none come back. You are to go to one of these battles and deal with the situation" Zael smiled almost sinisterly

The smile sent chills down Kami's back but he complied. Since he was in Titan he could be ordered to defend or attack any city in Ochea and he was defending a mana country this time.

He watched a battle between the countries from afar. Lynx and Kami both noticed nothing odd. That was until the end of the battle. Kalaika was losing and only two men remained. Once only these two men remained one went behind the army and the other charged forward.

They massacred Savon like nothing and then began absorbing their souls.

"That is bad. These guys aren't normal people" Kami said as he began running towards the battlefield.

"This was such a good idea Beelzebub" Mammon smiled as he slurped on someone's soul

"Of course it was. I came up with it after all" Beelzebub responded

Kami happened to catch the end of the conversation.

"Mammon? Beelzebub? You two are part of the seven deadly sins!" Kami shouted as he pulled out his weapons.

"Oh no we have been caught. Guess we will have to kill you" Mammon sighed 

"Wait. Doesn't he match Asmodeus' description of Kami if you remove that white sword?" Beelzebub deduced "Wait a minute. That sword looks like Paimon's!"

Things had escalated quickly. Lynx stepped back out of fear as the two demon lords released their fuwa.

"Asmodeus said we can't attack him but he shouldn't mind if we leave him alive, kill the person next to him and bring Azzy Paimon's sword right? If we say he sought us out which he did we should be fine right?" Mammon said as he licked his lips

"Yes. Technically we should be good. It depends on whether he still wants Paimon's sword" Beelzebub noted as he prepared to fight

The thought of almost certain death sent chills down Lynx's spine. Kami knew absorbing souls made them stronger and wasn't sure how strong they got from doing this but he couldn't win without Lynx.

"Snap out of it. Trust the skill you got from the yetis. We can win" Kami proclaimed

Lynx calmed down and prepared to fight. Within Kami he heard Paimon laughing.

"Mammon and Beelzebub. Kami! If you can hear this you could defeat them both with my sword alone. They don't stand a chance!" Paimon laughed

If the demons could hear Paimon's confidence it would've probably uneased them but it did help Kami. Kami decided to win solo.

"Lynx run back. I will end this actually" Kami claimed

Lynx ran back knowing it was probably safer to do that ignore an instruction from Kami.

4