Chapter 38: Mushoku
104 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ayaka's fuwa disappears. As if possessed she gets up like a stick from her belly until she is facing Tama.

"I currently can't use this for long but this will be enough" Ayaka says whilst she spits and wipes the blood from her mouth "You will pay for what you just did to me"

Her sword flies out of nowhere and Tama can feel tremendous power even though she can't see it.

Tama picks up 2 nearby swords and pushes tremendous amounts of fuwa into them.

"Not enough" Ayaka states with anger

Tama rushes Ayaka and swings with both swords and hits Ayaka. They both crumble and the nether spreads around Ayaka but is repelled by a force Tama can't see and falls to the ground.

"If I could see Kami when he moved he would've also left this" Ayaka yawns

Tama steps back and picks up more and throws them at Ayaka. All the swords that come near Ayaka get crushed against this invisible force.

Ayaka stomps her foot and the ground shakes and collapses around Tama. It then circles her like a sphere and begins to crush within itself.

Ayaka drops to the floor at the same time as the sphere does and loses consciousness.

"Athers told us not to use that!" Vhad screams as he watches Ayaka drop to the floor

"Focus on me" Lynx commands as he vulcanises his fuwa and moves for Vhad.

Vhad and Lynx are equal in strength. Neither can beat the other and their battle remains like that.

"If only I wasn't handicapped" Vhad sighs as he aims for Lynx's chest and misses "But Vhad plans on using all of you later"

Athers and Kami are in the middle of battle a kilometre away. Neither can lose their focus or they lose. Kami can feel Athers equals his fuwa and a drawn out battle won't amount to nothing.

He sinks half of his consciousness into Paira and slowly starts drawing out more fuwa.

"Ho. Guess I can't hold back if your strength is growing the longer we fight" Athers notes

Athers speaks but no sound come out and a sword appears in his right hand. His fuwa disappears and it all goes into his sword.

"How. You can't move fuwa!" Kami says taken aback

"Yes you can't. But if you put everything into your sword you can" Athers responds

Kami didn't see the point. In exchange for overwhelming offensive power you now can only rely on your physical body for defensive power which loses every time against a fuwa user.

"I wonder what would happen if..." Kami chuckles

Athers doesn't like the chuckle he makes and steps back slightly. Kami pulls out Asura and puts the sword of time back into its sheathe.

Athers doesn't know the power of Asura but he immediately slashes. The attack was enough to destroy a few continents yet the the blade with no fuwa stopped it.

"Impossible.."Athers screeches

Kami smiles as he prepares to give an explanation.

"My sword equals the amount of spiritual energy my body releases" Kami starts as he pours all of his fuwa into Asura "And when I pour that energy into my sword. My strength is doubled"

Athers shows clear despair on his face as he almost drops to his knees as he sees the sword glow from the fuwa.

"Y-your bluffing" Athers states

"Wanna find out" Kami smiles

The attack Kami was about to release was almost enough to destroy the entire planet. Kami starts swinging down but he gets kicked by Athers.

"You can't hurt me if I won't let you" Athers points out

Athers moved faster than light to kick Kami but that wasn't enough to defeat him. Kami touched the sword of time completely stopping time. Now Athers movements were normal.

Athers realised what had happened and began to run away. But Kami tripped him up and as he was falling unstopped time. The slash landed on Athers and blew a whole straight through the core of the planet and into the other side even grazing the moon.

Athers was weakened and took the full force of the attack but could still barely move. He had removed his fuwa and coated himself in the material that couldn't be seen.

"If I didn't activate this I would've been dead" Athers coughs "It broke through almost half"

Kami looked at Athers stunned. He had taken the full force of the attack yet he was fine and didn't have fuwa.

Kami backed up. This was a problem. There was a limit to the amount Kami could pull out and he had reached that limit. Athers more than equaled the full strength of Kami. This was the end of the road for him.

Athers slowly stood up and pulled out his book and a ballpoint pen and began writing.

"Ballpoint?" Kami said shocked "You aren't a normal person are you?"

"No. I died and was reborn just like you" Athers said without looking up from his book.

The battlefield went silent and everyone turned to face Kami. They all began walking towards him with their weapons drawn.

"Wait.." Kami said stepping back.

Athers put his book and pen away and faced Kami with his weapon.

"I may not be able to manipulate people like you but those who were born in this world are different. Including me, everyone is about to fight you"

As they walked closer, the sphere Tama was in busted open and she approached Kami with her fuwa. Ayaka stood up this time she was possessed and moved towards Kami too.

Kami couldn't even equal Athers and now he had all of these people. He couldn't hurt his friends but he couldn't die either. Kami began running towards them all and using the sword of time managed to knock most of them out before Athers could respond. Now all that remained were the catastrophe's who were all coated in this invisible aura.

"Asura what is this?"

"Such an answer requires a wish"

"I'll give it"

"This is the only power that stands above fuwa though theirs is weak it is called Mushoku"

Kami was intrigued by this Mushoku. Something that even when weak can't be defeated by fuwa.

"Is this what Paimon and Gora were talking about. The power other than fuwa"

"Yes. When it is used correctly there is a purple hue and a tap is enough to destroy a few planets"

Kami now understands that against the four in front of him he stands no chance and the strongest of them all can't match his speed but is behind him. This whole time Kami has barely been moving.

The training he was doing involved him running until he couldn't anymore in the frozen time. It made him stronger, far stronger but that wasn't going to be enough to escape.

They had surrounded him. Kami pulled out the sword of time and froze time and realised that now with mushoku even the other catastrophe's could move in this world.

Kami unfroze time and did another one of his attacks at the ground. The attack created a 360 wave of nether around him and rushed the catastrophe's like a tsunami but it simply fell off them like water.

"Asura can I make a wish?"

"What is it"

"Can you---"

"Wish is within criteria. Wish granted"

They all punched Kami and he was instantly knocked out. There was no escape to begin with. Kami was finished.

---------

It took me a while to realise this but my story most likely won't even reach 500 chapters yet alone 1000. I can predict each section of my story lasting about 50-60 chapters so we have maximum 300-350 for this story and we are already almost 40 chapters in.

1