Chapter 48: Demon Blood
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone had now regrouped under the sea and began to climb back onto the ship slightly scaring Lynx.

"So that's one sin down. 6 more to go" Liliana announced

"Yeah. That was surprisingly easy" Pyria responded

"Of course it was. There can be no challenge before Tama!" Tama declared proudly

They were very close to the land of Spajainia when they heard groaning. They all turned their heads left and saw a burnt hand. It gripped the ship and made it lopsided. Water began to pour onto the deck. Three more hands appeared and the demons pulled themselves onto the ship.

"You scared me for a second there" Azael said whilst his wounds began to regenerate

"How?" Lynx responded with fear

Everyone backed away from the presence of the demons.

"Did you think that would kill us?" Leviathan laughed

"But you were basically ashes..." Liliana gasped

Kami realised his mistake at the same time Leviathan began to explain and sighed

"I can be sealed with a legendary weapon and killed with a god one. No magic is on par with a legendary weapon so how can you hope to ever seal me in such a way let alone kill me or my slave" Leviathan bellowed pointing to Azael

Azael dropped down to one knee and Leviathan pulled him into the sea. The water was tainted by blood.

Two hands grabbed the ship this time and only Leviathan returned. Stux could feel it. Not only did he eat, kill or absorb Azael but he took his power.

Moreover Leviathan's power was increasing the longer the others stared at him. This was all thanks to his sin of envy which increased his strength the more he envied another.

"Ahh. I wish I had magic as strong as you" Leviathan muttered

Kami instinctively drew his sword. He remembered a similar scenario taking place when Leviathan clobbered him before. He didn't know about Leviathan's power but he knew what he said increased his strength.

"Such strength" Leviathan continued

With each word his strength went up.

"Such firepower"

"Such force"

Kami froze time and attempted to slash Leviathan. Leviathan responded with his demon claws and parried the attack.

"I hope I equal it now" Leviathan smiled

He opened his mouth and released a strong fire double the strength of Pyria and Liliana's combined. Leviathan frowned when he saw how slowly the attack was moving. Since time was frozen the attack could only move at a normal speed if it was moving at lightspeed.

Due to their training, the rest of Styx were able to move within this world and moved out of the way watching Kami and Leviathan's fight.

Kami kicked Leviathan onto the frozen sea where he skidded like it was ice away. Kami jumped up and tried to impale Leviathan but he rolled to the side barely dodging Asura. Kami's blade sunk deep into the frozen sea like bread. He knew when he unfroze time that attack was going to come back to bite him.

Leviathan repeated the attack. It was weaker but still packed a punch. This time he compensated for the state of time and which allowed it to move normally.

Kami sprinted forwards and slashed to attack causing it to dissipate. Leviathan now scared pulled out a fork from his pocket.

Kami almost tripped at the sudden sight of a kitchen utensil but it wasn't any common fork.

Leviathan raised it up into the air and it grew in size whilst turning blue. It was a trident. Valued at legendary, Leviathan was able to go blow for blow with Kami.

"Even though I absorbed Azael and got stronger..." Leviathan muttered

The trident and sword clashed again but Kami felt more weight behind the demon's attack.

Kami smiled for a brief second and disappeared from Leviathan's sight.

Leviathan began looking around.

During these 7 months, Kami was able to grow exponentially by making his 2 wishes everyday like his life depended it on it.

Leviathan had effectively been left in the dust.

Leviathan turned around to see Kami piercing his chest slowly with Asura.

"If I remembered I would've done this sooner" Kami whispered

Leviathan looked down to the wound and watched as Kami slowly pulled Asura out again.

He dropped to the floor and began thinking. His envy started to multiply at outrageous numbers even surpassing Kami's strength but he just got a mortal wound from a god class weapon not a legendary one. He knew this meant his death.

"A mere human!!! A mer-" Leviathan started before coughing up blood

Kami unfroze time and switched to flying to hover above the water. Leviathan began to sink down and Kami's attack on the water from before suddenly pulled Leviathan down to the sea.

"Is.. is it over?" Lynx asked

Kami began to hover over to the ship to address Lynx.

"Most likely. That is a wound that should kill. He's a demon I dou-" Kami didn't get to finish before he felt a monster beneath him.

"I WON'T DIE WITHOUT DRAGGING YOU TO HELL WITH ME KAMI!!!!" Leviathan screamed

His blood soaked the sea red yet he still had enough energy to declare his opponents death.

Fear lit up in Kami's eyes. He knew the truth. Leviathan was a demon. That wound will kill him but not straight away. His adrenaline will allow him to enact his vengeance against Kami and his crew with the envy he built up which by now surpassed not only Kami but everyone else that was with him.

"Go to the back of the ship and use wind magic to propel us forward we need to go. NOW" Kami explained following his own orders whilst ordering them

The five all got on their knees and with both hands activated wind magic. The ship jumped into the air like a jetski and bellow Leviathan could be seen. He jumped out of the water in his fish form and attempted to chow down on the ship.

His size made the ship look like a pebble next to a rock.

Not only his strength but his size had increased as well.

"DANM!" Kami shouted as he exerted more force

Whilst still in the air the ship began to fly due to the amount of magic at the back but it was aiming for the sea once more.

They plunged down with water enveloping the ship and falling down as they continued to go. The tail of Leviathan along with him were clearly visible as he wagged it at an insanely fast speed.

"He's catching up!" Tama exclaimed

The land of Spajainia could be seen rather well now.

100m

50m

10m

BOOM

The ship was sent into the air by Leviathan as he head butted the hull of the ship.

They all stopped their wind magic and placed it on their feet allowing them to fly as they watched the ship get destroyed from the impact.

Kami was the only one who could naturally fly so he was worried by whether the others could keep this up for long but he gave one instruction that let them know their future.

"Fly or die!" Kami shouted

Leviathan ended up washed up of the shore near the boat and began reverting back to his humanesque form. He looked up at his opponents whilst grabbing his stomach in pain.

He briefly coughed up blood and stood up wiping his mouth.

"DIE!!!!!" Leviathan said as he himself activated wind in the same way

Now it was a race to see who would win.

For styx it was to outlast Leviathan whilst avoiding an other sins on Spajainia until he died and for Leviathan it was to catch Kami and eat is bones and drink his blood along with the others. Only then would he decide to die peacefully.

The life or death race against a last ditch attempt was on.

0