Chapter 56: Purest Energy
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pyria had already successfully grown her spiritual reserves without passing out like Lynx and Tama did but she needed more strength.

Pyria was capable of wielding insane attacks but she didn't have enough spiritual power to use them continuously and some not at all. For this reason it was necessary for her to repeat what she had already done. Indeed her reserves had grown in size but it wasn't enough. She required a heavier load.

She began collecting external power and breaking her reserves. Bit by bit it cracked until the energy she had collected spilled out and relentlessly attacked the spiritual energy she had used to encircle the power.

She was very familiar with how to be successful but for her this wasn't enough. There was a need to grow faster and stronger. Even when she succeeded, at most she could perform her strongest attack max twice. In the long term this wasn't enough.

"If only I could control this power before my reserves fix" she whispered

She knew why even though there was less power gathered externally than her own yet they were enough to rival it anyway. It was because the external energy she drew in was purer making it stronger, when her energy was just an inferior version of what was external. This was the same for everyone which was why they all struggled.

She needed to collect more but if she did her chances of success dimmed, so there was only one thing she could do. Control it. Originally, to perform this technique you are meant to control the external power to shield your own power and stop it from escaping since it is purer but everyone in Styx was struggling and with time being of the essence this was stopped.

Pyria wanted to do this. But she didn't want to end it there, there was more she wanted to do.

She decided to gamble everything on her future. In her head if she failed she was just going to die sooner or later or hold someone back so it would be better to die trying than to never try and be responsible for another's death.

Pyria mixed all of her spiritual energy she was originally using to push back the external energy. Although this was not going against the energy since it was working with it, it now meant both energies could freely leave. Which is a problem.

Her goal now was to control them at the same time. Since they have been mixed they are more purer than if they weren't. They had effectively fused. There is no pulling it back out, she had to subjugate both or it was over and the more purer the energy, the harder it is to control.

She got to work immediately, her results would determine whether she lived or died. The energy exploded outwards in all directions like a nebula. The energy escaped slowly but it was leaving. Pyria managed to slow down the vast majority of it but that wasn't her stopping it, this was only the first step.

If she failed there was no one to save her. She had to save herself. The energy moved about freely how it wanted with Pyria every now and then pulling it slowly back towards where it originally was.

Hours passed by in this fashion and the energy could been seen escaping Pyria's body in an almost white hue with a few marks of gold streaming out. She was struggling but the longer she kept this up the more she understood what to do.

The floor was damp from sweat all over her body. Her sweat made the floor fertile and the energy she was releasing caused plants and trees in the area to thicken, grow and become more lush whilst the complete opposite was happening to her.

She could feel her body start to bleed from the backlash of the power. Her spiritual reserves had made no progress and disintegrated everytime they made any progress by the energy. It was so thick that the spiritual reserves didn't have a wall that could contain it. This meant that she had to hold out for longer.

The next day rolled around and she was releasing less energy but a tree had bloomed under her and she was above it feeling the strongest winds from the tree that stood above all others. Her once nebula had taken a regular spherical shape but it wasn't complete yet. It still could be compressed further only then was she done with the first half. Her spiritual reserves still struggled to keep up throughout the day but by the end she had managed to successfully tame the power.

Pyria's hardened expression relaxed under the enlightenment of her new found power. But that was just step one of three. If the knowledge she had gained, it made sense for the pure external energy to be easy to be controlled. She put the second step into motion. She knew she had talent but amongst her talent was a cap. She planned on reaching that. She began absorbing as much power from her surroundings as she could with it filling up the space where her spiritual reserve would be until it couldn't anymore.

The power was easy to control it was just large but she could deal with it. She wanted to compress the vast amount of power she had to get more but it was pointless until it turned into her own so she could fuse them together.

The final day was a waiting game. She patiently waited as the spiritual reserves rebuilt themselves faster than before and stronger than before. She had supreme control over all spiritual energy within her regardless of time and sent the purer energy to hit and destroy the spiritual reserves to thicken it, her reasons were unclear but it was something that would benefit her in the future or she wouldn't of done it so only she knew the reason.

By the end of the day she had rebuilt her spiritual reserves, added more external energy to make all of her energy the purest version she had made previously and could now use stronger skills and use them abundantly. In return she did cap on her spiritual power but she didn't mind, it was enough to beat the demons and how it is used is valued over size for her.

0