Chapter 57: Bit Of Water
167 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liliana sat down and stared at the pond in front of her. She knew that if she wanted to come up with a water skill this pond held a few secrets related to such a technique.

Hours passed yet all she did was stare at the lily pads as frogs hopped about and fish swam from one end to the next within the light azure of the water. By now she was running out of patience, she was beginning to think staying with Tama and Pyria to break her spiritual reserves would've been more rewarding since it had been hours yet all she had done was imprint her ass cheeks on the dirt.

She watched as the fish swam creating ripples and sighed adding more ripples to the water. She watched as these ripples spread further away and became longer. Out of pure boredom she released a weak wind spell that did the same thing but on a higher scale. She watched as the ripples turned into mini waves and crashed against the dirt on the other side of the pond and after a few minutes weak ripples had reached the side she was on.

She got an idea and got straight to work. Naturally she wanted to come up with a water attack. But it didn't have to only use the water aura or magic.

If nether is similar to fire then the opposite aether is naturally similar to water but unlike aether this would have to drawn out which is why nether burns and aether incinerates since aether is actually harder to control and the true version is when aether takes on the form of water.

She figured this out randomly when she decided that a simple water attack wouldn't work so it had to be stronger. She compared nether to aether and came across this luckily.

Her goal was simple enough for now which was to awaken the true form of aether. She had no idea how to do this but she could at least try and force it to change.

She focused on her aether aura and imagined it flowing with ripples randomly surfacing from fish like the pond did. She kept at this for a few hours but her aether still remained firm and non flowing like armour which was its original purpose.

Liliana didn't know what else to do so she decided to jump into the pond. It wasn't too deep but her head could barely stick out when she touched the bottom. The reason she did this was because the water was all around her completely covering her body. This was the exact same as when she used to cover her body in water aura minus the cold temperature she was feeling. She needed to merge this feeling with her aether.

This was logical and she saw immediate differences, with the constant feel of what she wanted her aether which was once firm was now heavily viscous. It was a minor change but a huge jump forwards. She felt the water and worked hard on turning her aura into water. Hours hurried on and she had made minimal changes.

Frustrated and annoyed she curled up into a ball under the water and felt the ponds rhythm. Subconsciously she had gone into a state of meditation whilst she stared blankly at the water illuminated by the moon. It was calm, slow and smooth completely different to how she had been trying to turn her aether aura into water.

The whole time she was being rough with the aura trying to force it to submit to her will and wanted speedy results. As her results slowed she became more and more anxious until it had completely built up to the point of pure stress. But the water calmed her down and showed her what needed to happen for success.

She calmed down and closed her eyes. She released the aether and this time she acknowledged that she couldn't force it to submit since it was her in the first place. What she needed to do was become the water. Liliana imagined the water seeping into all of her pores and surrounding her whilst flowing calmly and at a leisurely pace. As she did this she also acknowledged her results wouldn't be fast and that he would be holding her breath for a long time.

Her results showed as he aether began to feel droopy on her and the viscosity greatly decreased by the hour at a faster rate than before. The ponds water dropped the more she continued onwards until there was nothing left but flapping fish and green lily pads yet Liliana hadn't realised. She was so focused she imagined the water was still there brushing against her keeping her cold.

Two days had passed since she had started thinking of how to come up with a new skill and she managed to absorb the whole pond. It had been one and a half days since she entered the pond and even with the water gone she still held her breath.

What Liliana doesn't know is that aether is special. The reason it doesn't have similarities to a set element like nether does is because it has similarities to them all. An hour after the pond was drained she opened her eyes and breathed in once and stood up ignoring all the dead fish and climbing out of the pond. Her aether aura was now watery in every sense of the word with small amounts of it dripping off her.

There was a skill she came up with called water surge. It throws water at extreme speeds towards the enemy. She came up with it whilst watching the ripples bash against the dirt. Liliana raised her right hand towards a tree a few metres away from her and tensed up as aether flew out in the form of a gold shard towards the tree and took down a few dozen trees.

The trees turned to mush from the leaves to the bark before the attack showing how what once incinerated now melted.

None before her had ever managed to shoot out aether from there bodies, she had just done the impossible and her potential skills she could move over now were limitless.

0