Chapter 58: Minor Fire
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staring into the depths of the fire swaying and warming the surroundings Lynx put his hands around the fire and felt the warmth. He knew he had to become the fire if he was to develop a new skill.

"Fire?" Lynx chuckled

His eyes lit up and he pushed both his hands into the campfire feeling the fire eat up his skin and spread throughout his body. He winced as he smiled and put more of his body into the fire and focused on his aether trying to become fire.

Hours passed and his skin came charred and burnt beyond repair whilst Lynx stayed calm whilst having a smile on his face. His aether aura began to flicker and slightly burn.

Lynx would've become a second generation nether user but aether works well against nether and all of the sins are second generation nether so he only had one choice. He no longer felt the pain, it was numbed behind the high concentration he had but he had made minimal progress. The borderline insane lynx who took on any challenge regardless of difficulty acknowledged this one to be hard.

He pulled out his burning arms and flashed them in the air once removing al burning fire. He grabbed a bottle of oil and doused himself in the liquid.

"If I die, it was meant to be" Lynx smiles

He threw himself into the fire and a blaze erupted. From head to toe he was on fire. It would be no joke to change his name from fire fist to fire man considering how he burnt. He remained calm and didn't even react to the pain. He fell slowly onto his back in the middle of the fire and closed his eyes. He focused on everything he felt and replicating it all. His skin was completely charred all over and all of his clothes had burnt after a few hours but he stayed calm in the midst of the horrific smell of his burning skin.

Lynx being a fast learner managed to change his aether into the fire element in a single day. However the aether burned more viciously than any regular fire since he had added oil. The aether he had was highly flammable, a single touch from a speck of it would be enough to turn a person into a flaming man and after he managed to shoot a literal speck of his aether into a tree he realised that he had started a forest fire that he could no longer control.

The speck burnt straight through trees igniting each instantaneously as if the tree was simply oil. He had to move fast.

He immediately began trying to control the fire, he goal was to absorb it. He managed to do it with the campfire but he was unaware of how to do it again.

He ran over to the first tree he saw and touched it and focused on taking in the fire. The tree immediately turned to dust. He looked at the surrounding trees and saw the fire was progressing at an alarming rate. Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide were sweeping the air in huge black clouds. This was his problem and it was something he needed to fix and soon.

He approached another tree and since he knew touching a tree only accelerated the process he stood near the tree and tried again. Nothing happened, he spent a good hour doing this until the tree was finally no more. He repeated this a few times to no prevail.

Then he came up with an idea. The whole time he had been trying to get all of his body to absorb the fire so he decided to try with a single hand. He had his hand a few inches from the tree and tried again. Some of the fire was absorbed and he felt his body swell with energy but the tree was destroyed.

Instead of moving to another he began to think.

"Hmm, so my finger works but slightly. When I absorb the fire I feel power swelling... oh!" Lynx shouted

He pointed a single finger at a tree and repeated the process. He absorbed more of the fire but the tree burned down. He got two facts out of everything he had done; the first was that the smaller the surface area he used to absorb the fire, the better he did and the second was that the fire when absorbed acted like external power.

He decided that at the next tree he went to he would try and absorb the fire as if it was visible external power he could use for breaking his spiritual reserves. He found yet another burning tree and acted on his thoughts. After a few seconds it was charred but all the fire had been absorbed. Lynx continued on for a while doing this but he quickly noticed that the ratio of trees being fixed compared to the trees burning were not equal.

The method he had was insufficient but it got him somewhere. So he just needed to absorb all the trees with his finger so he came up with an idea.

He ran into the middle of the blazing inferno of trees and pointed his index fingers up towards the sky. He thought that the reason he could only do a finger was because he wasn't trying to get all of his pores to absorb the fire but with a finger he could. A finger would take too long so he decided he had to learn on the spot how to absorb it all with his hands starting with two fingers.

0