Chapter 59: Fire Damage
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lynx felt minimal change but the all the fire were slowly being pulled towards his fingers and being absorbed. Hours went by and his focused heightened. The fire was pulled in at a much faster rate but now it was identical to when he only used one finger, this wasn't fast enough.

The more surface area he used to draw it in the harder and more focused he needed to be. Eventually a day passed and practically half of the forest was pure smoke and charcoal.

He made progress but he only got to a maximum for four fingers out of ten. Out of options when staring at a fire growing exponentially he raised all fingers into the sky showing his palm and began absorbing the fire with that. His body was now taking damage from the fire and smoke and his knees started to buckle, an hour later he was on one knee and another he was on two.

He could feel his spiritual reserves cracking, the amount of fire he was taking in was too much for him to handle. He was so focused he couldn't hear the crackling of the fire or the falling of burning trees any longer. Even though his eyes were open, his red eyes couldn't see nor were they affected by the carbon gas that had been smashing against his eyes for hours now.

"If I can't take it all" Lynx grinned "I'll give it away!"

Lynx's hands turned yellow red as two large balls of fire appeared in the palms of his hands. The fire burned the air releasing waves of carbon dioxide that could push someone back.

He raised himself off his knees and shot the two attacks into the sky. The unbelievably large balls of fire flew up into the sky at extreme speeds whilst leaving a trail of gas behind it with some of the air igniting every now and then. They reached the clouds and a few turned to steam instantly. The two collided with each other and created a loud bang that reverberated throughout the whole forest. The sky turned black from the intense attack and the fire spread and rained downwards.

The attack was done in two parts. The first attacked directly whilst the second released splash damage. This wasn't something Lynx could use with his teammates nearby.

The fire poured down but Lynx manipulated it so it collected on his location and he absorbed it. He only took in the remaining spiritual energy so he could take it all in plus it was already his which helped. Lynx scratched his head as he thought it could be a three part attack if he manipulated the attack. This forest fire gave him good info.

Going off what has happened so far he can release and gather fire regardless of whether it was his. The fire now was no longer a environmental problem and a way to train.

"Fire, Smoke and all. I will absorb you all!" Lynx smiled

He raised his hands again and the fire began to swarm around on his location. He spent hours absorbing the fire and slowly taking it in faster developing his skills. Since he still wasn't absorbing the fire efficiently it continued to burn the surroundings but he could keep it locked on only half of the forest. Whenever he hit his max he would just repeat the attack he did before experimenting with different ways he could release it allowing him to develop further.

After another day he had managed to catch up to the rate the fire was burning at and by the next day the fire was tame.

He was very proud with what he had done but there were naturally consequences which took the form of a black environment from the floor to what remained of trees off into the distance but this was perfect for him.

Since he space and no way of accidentally burning a tree he could experiment further. The first thing he realised was that he could move his aether around his body freely as if it was just normal aura. He wasn't very good at it but he planned on getting better, stuff like this was more suited to Liliana so he knew that since she probably learned how to do something similar she could probably do this stuff with minimal effort.

When he concentrated his aether on his feet his feet burned allowing him to fly, he could do the same if he moved it to his hands and he found it easier when he did both.

He could shoot out attacks as well as absorb them, he tried to absorb water and earth when he found a small bit of water but he struggled severely; fire was for him.

When his body was covered in aether it acted in a similar way to nether. He also learnt importantly that the attacks he was releasing wasn't actually his but what he had absorbed. When he actually attacked he released a gold fire from his body that was even more devastating than the speck that caused the forest fire.

When he absorbs fire he multiplies the strength with his aether aura but it doesn't compare to when it is actually his own. He released an attack with a simple speck of aether fire and had to instantly absorb it back. It spread so fast it was enough to engulf the forest ten times over which was dangerous and that was from a single speck. He knew the demon lords stood no chance against his new power, he was already thinking of ways he was going to catch them off guard with what he had.

The most important thing to him though was that he could create anything he wanted out of the fire and with concentration use it to fly. He made a longsword and jumped on top and flew back to camp proud of his newly gained strength.

0