With A Little Help From My Friends
1.9k 6 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

Shopping is a new experience unto itself, if for the only reason that I’ve never been shopping for fun before. Whether it was social expectations, or just that I hated buying clothes for myself, I never enjoyed shopping. The worst was when all the cute shirts, bras, swimsuits and other things would tempt me, knowing I couldn’t buy them.

That stops today.

The first place my sister and girlfriend decide to take me is Victoria’s Secret - bold first choice, if I do say so myself. They notice though as they walk into the store, I hesitate entering.

“What’s wrong, Luna?” my sister asks me

“I…” I try talking, but it’s hard. Thankfully my sister is holding my arm, signaling her support.

“I…don’t feel like I belong here.”

“Oh honey” is all my sister can say while cupping my head in her hand, before pulling me in for a warm hug. I notice I’m trying to keep back tears - where did those come from?

“So…you’re a girl, right?” Lily interrupts.

“Uh…yeah?” I respond, trying to calm myself

“Well…a girl like you then needs some bras and panties to round out her closet. And you, little missy-“ she says, poking her finger in my chest, lovingly “need some. You absolutely belong here. Now what do you say?”

I don’t say anything again, but instead I break a smile and give my new girlfriend a quick kiss on the forehead, and walk into the Victoria’s Secret ahead of me all on my own. Tepidly, mind you, but I try not to let my sister, girlfriend or anyone else there notice that.

“So…”I look behind my shoulder, trying not to stutter “Do you know what…what size I might be?”.

“Well…I could guess, but the reason I brought you here is to have you measured!” she chimes in.

“Oh…they won’t have to look at my naked…boobs, will they?”. I swear after saying that, I can hear Lily trying to hold back a giggle.

“No, Luna, they won’t - they can measure you right over your…shirt” she hesitates, noting how comically large my old boy clothes are hanging off of me now. Surely those will have to be replaced too.

Before long, I’m carted into a changing room, with my sister and girlfriend in tow, as my sister buzzes the button leading to a happy young woman coming in with a measuring tool, overly excited to help me. As she starts bringing the tape across my breasts, she asks “So honey…what size are you wearing currently?”

Oh god, what do I say? “Er…this is my first bra, ma’am”. My sister pinches her nose, while Lily again is trying not to laugh at me. If I didn’t know better, I’d think she found this all amusing.

“Oh? A young lady like you must be in high school - how have you not worn one yet? They’re more than big enough…” she trails off, as my face turns beet red, not only from the young lady comment earlier, but also by her saying they’re “more than big enough”. Honestly, I haven’t had the time to inspect anything too hard, so I couldn’t say one way or another, but…was I that well off?

“Ah, got it!” she interrupts my line of thought “Looks like you’re a 32C!. Would you like to go find something or…”

“We’ll take care of her, thanks!” my older sister interrupts. I’m a her!

“32C…is that good?” I ask

“It’s pretty good. I’m at a 34C so we’re pretty close, honestly.” A warm, tingly feeling enters my stomach. I’m taking about bras with my sister! I feel so connected to her, in a way I never did before. Most girls wouldn’t be this excited, but they probably would if they had to live as boy for 15 years beforehand.

Before I know it though, Lily and Emma are leading me out of the fitting room (for now), and towards the section of what they call “lightly lined, no wire bras”.

“So, Luna, what colors do you like?” my sister asks me.

“Uh…” Oh jeez, can I finally be open and honest about what I think is cute. Screw it, I’m going for it “I really like purple; it’s my favorite color, OH and that one with the plaid is really cute, and can we make sure we get the pink one as well?!?”

My sister grabs all the bras I point out, but almost chuckles “Seems like you know what you like already, eh sis?”

“I… guess? I always liked this stuff… I just couldn’t tell you… ”

The next look she gives me is one of…pity? Regardless, she corrals me back into another changing room, and tells me to get into the bra.

“Uh…sis…I don’t know how…” I yell over the door “Could you help me?”

I hear a mixture of sighs and giggles (I can guess whose is whose) from the other side, before my sister opens the door and helps me along.

“So you’re just going to latch it backwards…then you spin it around, and…yep, put your arms through the straps, and tighten them up, and make sure your breasts are snugly in the cups and…you’re good! Here, try on these panties too!” she finished, handing me a pair of striped pink and white panties that matched my pink lace bra. At least this is a bit easier to put on, though putting it on, it feels so good to have them fit snug against my crotch, with nothing in the way. I yell to let both my sister and girlfriend in, before I catch a glimpse of her in the mirror…

…and break down sobbing. Bless Emma and Lily for being right by my side, but I can’t take it. Never in a million years did I think I’d be able to transition, and yet here I am, a girl in every sense of the word. And I’m cute - I’m even cute! Holy crud, I’m a cute girl! They may be happy tears but they’re tears nonetheless, and the two girls with me help me work through it. I keep expecting to wake up from this dream, but it never happens, and for that I’m so grateful!

After purchasing three bras and matching panties (they did have a sale after all), we make our way over to the Target in the other end of the mall, to get some more basic essentials - t-shirts, simple jackets and dresses and whatnot. It wasn’t going to fill out a closet, but it was definitely a start.

And I had free reign to buy whatever cute, adorable, geeky clothing I wanted to!

I turn to my sister “Am I able to get anything here as long as it’s affordable and it fits?”

“Well, yeah, we’ve got about $180 left, but…”

And before she could finish, I was off, Lily in tow. I knew exactly what I wanted.

Every time I’d come here before, this dress had always tempted me. It wasn’t anything fancy - it had two parts, an aqua blue tank-top like upper part, and a horizontally-striped green and blue skirt for the bottom, with small little glittery accents throughout. I was in even better luck when I saw that the dress was only $30! Practically without a second thought, I grabbed the first dress that I thought may fit me (in small), and dragged my girlfriend by the hand to the changing room. Within about 90 seconds, I clicked open the door to let her come in to the changing stall and review my dress.

“Wow…that looks really pretty on you!”

“Really?” I knew she was probably right, but it was often still hard to believe myself! I turned around and saw the dress contrast perfectly with my fiery red hair. It was perfect! I also couldn’t help swishing my dress about - something that game me such a happy feeling. I knew I had to have it!

Before I knew it, after another hour and four more trips to the changing room, we left with three new pairs of skinny jeans, a couple cardigans, and some basic tee shirts for about $100. This wouldn’t make a full closet yet, but I also had my sisters old clothes to work with as well, so we’d kept that in mind during our shopping trip.

Next up was the Vans store in the mall - where I finally felt confident enough to buy the rainbow checkered slip-on sneakers I’ve always wanted. I’d always stuck to more conservative styles, but now that I was a girl, and I wouldn’t face any backlash for something so bright and colorful, I HAD to buy them. Surprisingly, I found my feet had shrunken quite considerably (from about a Women’s Size 11 to Size 6), so it was a good idea I had the urge to buy these, because my current shoes were starting to flop about on my much smaller feet.

Our last destination was Hot Topic - specifically at my wishes because there was one thing I’d wanted to buy. I’d always been a huge Pokemon fan, and sitting in the front window was a yellow girls hoodie, with a cute Pikachu face along with the ears on the hood staring at me. It might have eaten up the rest of my $50 left, but I didn’t care. After buying it and wearing out of the store, I felt like the cutest girl in the mall!

After our shopping journey for the day was over, we made our way to the food court, to me and my sister’s favorite restaurant, Rocky Rococo’s, a little hole-in-the-wall pizza joint.

“And what would you like this afternoon, miss?”

God, that never stops feeling good “Yes, I’d like one sausage and pepperoni Super Slice with breadsticks please!”. I heard my girlfriend, Lily, giggle behind me, but I can’t figure out why.

That is, until I’m about 20 minutes into eating our impromptu lunch.

See, I didn’t take into account my new body when buying pizza - I didn't think I’d need to. But I’m only about 2/3rds of the way into my pizza, and my breadsticks remain untouched before I plop down on the bench, making a mewling sound as my stomach feels ready to burst. This must be why girls eat so much less! Their bodies won’t let them eat any more!

“My tummy hurts!” I yelp.

“You gonna be okay there, Luna?” Lily asked, seemingly unable to contain her laughter.

“Yeah, I think I’ll live” I reply, grunting while I try to prop myself back up into a sitting position with my now full and cramped stomach.

We decide to make it home after that, with the leftover food to be leftovers for tomorrow afternoon. After getting in the front door, I immediately rush upstairs to steal a pair of leggings from my sister, as well as grab the Pikachu hoodie, a bra, panties, a tee shirt and the new sneakers I’d all bought. If someone saw me now, they might say I looked like a kid on Christmas morning, and I guess that was true to an extent - wearing all this cute clothing I’ve always wanted to, with no fear of judgement, AND with a body that fits it as well? It’s amazing!

I finally burst out of my room to head downstairs to meet Lily, Emma and my parents, all seated on the couch. It seems like my sister knew I’d want to try on my new clothes and so decided to gather my parents together to show them. I skip down the stairs and and do a little twirl in front of the couch where my loved ones are sitting. Emma has a satisfied smirk on her face. Lily is blushing. My mom looks ready to cry tears of happiness, and my dad is trying to hold back a laughter, likely at the dorky face I’ve got on right now.

The rest of the day went on pretty normally from there. The nice thing about being a girl, I realized, is that it didn’t mean I couldn’t still be into everything I was before, which in my case meant all kinds of video games - though they were much more exciting seeing as I could play as the girl characters without anyone saying anything! Heck, even playing these games I’d played dozens of times with the girls I’d always wanted to play as felt amazing and validating. And so without fear of judgement, I could finally play Rosalina for Mario Kart, Zero Suit Samus for Super Smash Bros, Moon for Pokemon Sun - it was so great!

The day wrapped up by my mom and me saying goodbye to Lily, who couldn’t help but wink at me on her way out - which elicited a blush from me…which I think she knew would happen. Me and Emma then pulled out our leftovers from the mall and finishing them off, and before not too long finding our ways up to bed - me now in my sisters old pajamas, which feel amazingly comfortable up against my softer, less hairy skin. As I climb into bed, I can only hope and pray for one thing.

That I’ll still wake up tomorrow and stay as the girl I’ve become.

63