3: Garret
1.6k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Third Person POV)

After finishing her dinner, Miyuki decided to cradle Erina while waiting for Garret to return from work. After waiting for a bit, Suzuki suddenly burst into the room having just finished her dinner in at the dining table down stairs.

Loudly bursting through the door, Suzuki suddenly stiffened seeing that Erina was currently sleeping in her Miyuki's arms.

"Mama! I have finished eating dinner, so can you read me a book while we wait for Papa to come home?" whispered Suzuki after making sure that Erina was still soundly asleep.

"Sure Suzu! Do you want to continue from where we left off last time?" asked Miyuki seeing that it was going to be a while until Garret returned from work.

"En! Let's continue reading from chapter 12!" replied Suzuki, "I wanna find out what happened to that wizard person!"

Opening the book, Miyuki began reading in a quiet voice, "Okay... So where were we... ah right here! 'and so he shouted, Expoolliarmus! Disarming his opponent...'"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miyuki and Suzuki read all the way until 8 pm when they suddenly heard someone throw the front door downstairs wide open while hollering, "MIYUKIIIIIIII I'M HOMEEEEEEEEE!"

Because of the loud yelling, Erina was startled awake, and instantly became scared when she heard someone tromping up the stairs in the hopes of getting to the nursing room as soon as possible.

Seeing Erina become scared, Miyuki and Suzuki both rushed to comfort Erina to try and prevent her from crying.

However, while Miyuki and Suzuki were in the midst of comforting Erina, a handsome man with a muscular frame and pale blue hair practically ran through the door and barged into the room.

Bursting through the door, Garret's breathless countenance scared Erina into crying, while also causing Miyuki and Suzuki's eyes to flash coldly and begin glaring daggers that pierced his heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After calming Erina down, Garret began begging for mercy from his now irritated wife, "I am very sorry, I really regret my actions, I thought that there was still a few days before Erina was going to be born. Furthermore, I would like to reiterate the fact that I deeply regret my actions and am carefully thinking over what I could change in the future. Additionally, I would like to issue a heartfelt apology to all parties involved as I didn't think through my actions properly at the time..."

Getting the mercy that he wanted, Garret began eating dinner while listening to Miyuki talk about the medical check up.

"So what you are telling me is that Erina was born with an extremely weak body, and that there isn't anything we can do about it? Isn't that a pretty big problem?" lamented Garret after hearing what Miyuki told him.

"Wait, wait! It's not as bad as you think it is, okay Garret?" answered Miyuki, "the nurses also said that this is because Erina's body naturally takes in more magic, so it will be okay since this makes it so Erina is guaranteed to be a top-tier magician."

Hearing this, Garret let out a sigh of relief, "That's good, Erina won't be bullied later on in life then, especially because of the expectations put on the 17 pillar families. However, because of this, she will probably be mocked by the heirs of the more prideful families, so we should try and keep her interactions with people from those families at a minimum..."

"Wait mama! I never heard about Erina having a good aptitude for magic! When did the nurse say that?" Shouted Suzuki after hearing about Erina's exceptional aptitude for magic.

"Calm down Suzu... The nurse told me this after you left earlier, so that's why you didn't hear about it, and then I decided to wait until papa got home before telling both of you okay?" Soothed Miyuki after Suzuki's outburst, "And about what you said Garret, I think we should just keep her interactions with other families to a minimum, maybe just some of our family friends."

After pondering for a bit, or just stuffing his face with food for a bit, Garret agreed, "Yeah that sounds like a good idea....hmm, so I guess the Seigi family. We know they're fine, since you were the meanest Seigi originally Miyuki... before you married me that is."

"Hey, hey, that second comment was unnecessary wasn't it!" Retorted Miyuki, "And get that smirk off your face, it's annoying!"

"But I'm right though, Miyuki! And you know that there is nothing you argue against." Garret teased, his smirk widening seeing Miyuki's reaction.

"AND THAT WHAT MAKES IT ANNOYING CARROT NORAGI!!" Shouted Miyuki before pouting and turning to face the other direction.

Roaring in laughter, Garret replied in between fits of chuckling, "Ah... I haven't heard that insult in a while... Well getting back to the topic at hand, I think we should let little Erina interact with some other families too, such as our family friends the Mitsuya's."

Having calmed down, Miyuki added, "Yeah I think the Mitsuya's would be good, but I think we should also find a friend that Erina can rely on, preferably someone who is similarly aged to Erina. Garret do you know if any of the 17 pillar families have had children recently?"

Hearing Miyuki ask this, Garret could only facepalm, "You realize that the Mitsuya's literally just had a baby daughter right? Right? That's one of the reasons I recommended them... Have you been out of touch with our friends Miyuki?"

Looking to the side and scratching her head, Miyuki could only chuckle before replying, "eheheh... I don't what you're talking about Garret... I was just testing you, no need to facepalm..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Miyuki shifting around so much, Erina woke up once again, having fallen asleep earlier. Waking up she saw Suzuki, who immediately started squishing her cheeks without a shred of mercy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing Miyuki who was 'testing' him, Garret couldn't rebuke her, "Hahhhh... It's fine, I'll talk to Henrich and see when we can meet up with his family okay?"

"Ohohoho, I'm glad you can see that I was only testing you Garret! Also, it would be great we could meet up with Henrich and Emily sometime. But how about a few months from now though, so I can take some time to recover?" Asked Miyuki seeing that her 'ploy' had worked.

"Sounds good, I'll talk to them the next time I see them at work." Replied Garret.

Looking out the window, Garret realized that the sun was in the middle of passing below the horizon, "Well seeing that it is pretty late, I am going to take Suzuki to go to bed. You should make sure that you get lots of rest too, Miyuki."

"Okay~, Goodnight Garret, I'm pretty tired after all the events today so see you tomorrow." Murmured Miyuki while dozing off due to exhaustion.

Peeling Suzuki off of Erina, Garret left the room in order for Miyuki and Erina to get some much needed rest. 

By the way I'm going to be posting frequently until I catch up with the chapters on webnovel, after that I will just be parallel posting. Also the chapters I post here will be edited though, so they will probably provide a better reading experience.

43