4: Preparing For The Mitsuyas
1.5k 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking to the Mitsuyas, the get together was scheduled to be half a year later.

(Half A Year Later)

Morning, on the day of the meeting. Miyuki was cleaning the dining room in preparation for the guests to come over after lunch. Suzuki was also in the dining room, playing Erina who was in her stroller where Miyuki could easily see her while cleaning the room.

"Mmmphhh... Finally finished cleaning the dining room!" exclaimed Miyuki. Looking over towards Suzuki and Erina she saw Suzuki making weird faces while trying to make Erina laugh. Smiling softly, she turned and began cleaning the living room where the children would be playing later.

'It sure is nice seeing those two sisters having fun with each other. I hope that Erina can get along with Emily's child, it would be a connection that would help Erina throughout her entire life.' Mused Miyuki after seeing the two sisters play with each other.

Realizing that she had stopped cleaning, Miyuki refocused again, only to stiffen back up, 'Wait a second... What's Garret doing right now? Shouldn't he be cleaning the second floor right now... but why don't I hear any noise from upstairs... Don't tell me he's pulling something again, I am going to have to scold him so much later...'

While Miyuki was cleaning, Garret was in the cellar thinking over some extremely important matters, 'Since Henrich and his family haven't come to our house in a very long time, how many bottles of alcohol do I bring up... 10? 20? Wait, I'm pretty sure that Emily is also a pretty heavy drinker... so 30 bottles?'

While Miyuki was cleaning and Garret was 'cleaning', Suzuki was also putting in the utmost effort to achieve her personal goal as well.

'I will make you laugh Erina! It's hard but I have seen it happen... Only when Garret isn't around though, and only when it's Miyuki... But! Garret isn't here right now so I should be able to do it! No, I will do it!' Swore Suzuki within her mind.

With her unwavering resolve, Suzuki began doing everything she could to make Erina laugh. Suzuki began with the classic peek-a-boo, getting a blank face in response, moved onto morphing her face into various motions, again, getting a blank face. Sighing in resignation, due to her lack of results, Suzuki almost gave up when she remembered what Miyuki had done just a few days prior.

Leading off with a normal face, Suzuki covered her face and uncovered it once again similar to the peek-a-boo motion, only to reveal... her perfectly normal face... after waiting about half a second, Suzuki then scrunched up her face as much as she could, to try and draw a laugh out of Erina.

Not paying attention to Suzuki's early antics due to seeing Miyuki stiffen, relax while smiling, then stiffen once more, Erina started paying attention to Suzuki just in time to witness Suzuki perform the 'delayed Peek-a-Boo'.

[AN: Okay, so I have like no idea how to write babies, so I apologize for all the inaccuracies]

Seeing Suzuki scrunch up her face after revealing her hands, Erina reacted how most people would react, by laughing.

"Yessss!! I did it! Mama, mama! I did it! I made Erina laugh!" Suzuki exclaimed while dancing around the room in satisfaction after having achieved her goal.

Halting from surprise Miyuki looked up to see Suzuki dancing around the room while Erina continued to cutely make her baby noises. Smiling at the scene before her, Miyuki quickly finished wiping the last bit and walked over to join her two daughters when the door to the dining room was suddenly forced open.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few moments before.

After carefully considering each guest's drinking capabilities, Garret decided to be conservative and use his low-ball estimate, a measly 55 bottles of alcohol.

Hauling his load up the stairs, Garret was still pondering whether or not he had brought enough bottles, "I think this is enough bottles, but if we do run out during the party, I can always come down and get some more! How could I forget that! But, I hope Miyuki thinks this is enough though, last time I brought 40 and she said we needed 50... or was it 5... Nah, it was definitely 50. Don't be dumb Garret, 5 would never be enough..."

Arriving near the door of the dining room, Garret suddenly caught his foot on the carpet near the door, losing his balance and stumbling around. Eventually, Garret managed to stay standing up, not before bursting through the dining room door surprising everyone else in the family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing Garret stumble through the door with a wry smile while carrying a literal truckload of alcohol, A LOT more than last time, Miyuki exploded in anger, "GARRET... HOW MANY BOTTLES DID YOU BRING UP THIS TIME! LAST TIME DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO ONLY BRING 5! AND WHY WERE YOU EVEN IN THE CELLAR! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE CLEANING THE SECOND FLOOR!"

Recoiling from Miyuki's scolding, Garret rebuked, "Hey, hey! I thought you said to get 50 last time, so that's why I got 55 bottles, I wanted to make sure that our guests could drink to their heart's content! I'm thinking of the guests here!"

"Ummm, should we have not come then? Is this a bad time? I let myself in like you guys requested last time... if it's not okay we can come back another time if needed..." a mysterious voice said coming from the other dining room door.

Hearing that their guest had arrived, Garret began packing up the bottles of alcohol like his life depended on it.

Miyuki on the other hand mechanically turned to face the guest, before shouting, "EMILY?! I'm sorry you had to see this but where is your daughter?"

Chuckling at the younger couple's antics, Emily replied, "Aiya, don't worry about it, Henrich is unloading her from the car right now. I just came in first before him because I wanted to see you guys!"

 

46