8: End Of The Party
1.1k 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After cooking a bountiful dinner, Miyuki and Emily began setting the table.

Setting the table in an immaculate fashion, Emily and Miyuki marveled at their work. Plates gleaming, waiting to be used, utensils in perfect lines up and down the table, all in easy to reach areas. Lastly, mouthwatering dishes spanning the length of the table, enough to make anyone salivate in anticipation.

"We outdid ourselves here Emily! This set-up looks immaculate!" Miyuki exclaimed, looking at the perfect layout they had made.

"Yeah! It looks amazing! I'm looking forward to eating with everyone!" Emily agreed while hugging Miyuki, "Hm... Since we are done, let's go wake up the children to let them come and eat dinner, what do you think?"

"Sure!" Agreeing, Miyuki and Emily went to wake up the children.

Going upstairs, Miyuki woke up Suzuki before continuing with Emily to get the pair of toddlers.

Getting the toddlers, Miyuki and Emily set them down in their baby chairs before leaving to tell Garret and Henrich that they needed to stop pondering about life and eat dinner.

---------------

Stirred out of their stupor, Garret and Henrich hobbled their way back upstairs only to be greeted by a mouth-watering feast.

"Woah! Dude, Henrich look at this! It looks amazing! I'm not hallucinating right?" Garret yelled while rocking Henrich's shoulder to get his attention.

Seeing the same thing as Garret, Henrich replied, "Dude! I don't think you're hallucinating, I see the same thing! It looks amazing!"

With a mouth-watering feast right in front of their eyes, Garret and Henrich rushed to join in and begin eating with the others.

Eating until they felt like they were bursting, Garret and Henrich were like ravenous beasts who hadn't eaten in over a week.

On the other hand, Miyuki and Emily ate a moderate amount, afraid they were going to get fat, while deciding to feed Erina and Yuiko later after dinner.

Lastly, Suzuki ate as much as she could, 'It's so good! I want to eat more but I already feel so bloated that I can barely move!'

Putting the children to bed, the four adults spent some time catching up as a group. Seeing that the children were already sleeping, everyone decided to drink a bottle of alcohol to celebrate the little get together.

A bit tipsy, Miyuki began reminiscing on their school days, "You know, I never thought that Emily and Henrich were going to get together. Like, Henrich was pretty dense."

"Pretty dense? Henrich was denser than a black hole!" Emily retorted while shooting a death glare at Henrich, "I literally said 'I love you! Can we go out?' multiple times, and he thought I still didn't like him! How can someone be that dense?!"

Wincing, Henrich responded, "Hey, I wasn't that popular back then... So I thought you were just trying to embarrass me because you were one of the popular students!"

Snorting, Garret rebuked, "Man, if you weren't popular Henrich, what would I be? You were one of the most popular people at the magic school! You were just too dense to see it!"

Talking into the later hours of the night, Henrich and Emily decided to just stay over for the night. Deciding to do so because it was late, and both of them were already slightly drunk.

Lending them a guest room, Miyuki and Garret cleaned up the table before also deciding to go to bed.

-------------------

With the sun rising, and the birds chirping, Miyuki got up only to find a note on the table.

'Henrich and I left early this morning, while taking Yuiko. Also don't worry, we helped clean up a bit too. ~Emily

P.S I took some pictures of Erina and Yuiko by the way~ teehee~'

"She took a bunch of pictures of Erina and Yuiko? Hahhhhh.... I just hope she didn't take too many... hm, she probably did who am I kidding..." Miyuki sighed with an air of resignation while also thanking Emily and Henrich in her heart for cleaning a bit before they left.

Making breakfast, Garret stumbled down stairs while carrying a sleeping Erina, as well as holding the hand of a groggy Suzuki.

"Wow, Garret you don't look so good. Come over here Garret, you can put Erina in this baby chair okay?" Miyuki commented with a slight laugh seeing the state Garret was in, "But Gare, how hungover are you?"

"I'm so hungover that I think I could be breaking bricks with my head and it would still hurt less." Garret responded slumped on his chair.

"So do you regret drinking those 55 bottles of alcohol?" Miyuki chided hearing Garret's response.

"Yeah... I don't think I'll ever drink anywhere close to that amount again... I think I'll just stick to water for the most part from now." Garret lamented, feeling the consequences of his actions from the previous day.

Using her magic focus, Miyuki began casting some basic healing on Garret to help alleviate some of the worst symptoms of the hangover.

[AN: Okay so the focus Miyuki uses is like a device you use to focus your magic and control it better, not like some eye thing where she shifts her vision and does some Eye of Sauron stuff. I have plans to introduce more officially later though.]

Alleviating most of his symptoms, Miyuki sat down and began eating breakfast with the now fully awake Suzuki while breastfeeding the still sleepy Erina.

Having eaten breakfast, the family spent the day together bonding as a family. First going to the park where Garret and Suzuki had fun playing hide and seek. Followed by eating lunch outside the house at a nice restaurant. Ending, by going to an ice cream shop in the afternoon to cool off.

"Wow, that was such a great ice cream cone, we should go there again sometime Miyuki..." Garret sighed, sad that the day was already almost over, "I don't want to go back to work..."

Sticking her tongue out, Miyuki responded, "Hah, I still have a few more weeks of maternity leave, so I don't have to go back to work yet."

"Hah... Lucky..." Garret sighed before opening the front door to let everyone inside.

---------------------

And so, several years, passed uneventfully in the blink of an eye.

39