Chapter 14 – Shopping
169 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                Hortencia drove the two of them through traffic towards one of the local shopping malls.  Sarah was too busy gawking out the window at the air car flying above the city to truly pay attention to where she was going.  The shopping mall turned out to be eight floors of a 70-story grav-supported skyscraper, so Hortencia parked the air car on the landing pad outside the 35th floor.

 

                “You ready for this Sarah?”  Hortencia asked.

 

                “Yeah, definitely.  Um – Hortencia?  Why do they even have malls anymore?  Couldn’t people shop in sims to get the right sizes, then order the clothes online?”

 

                “Yeah, if the world was perfect.”  Hortencia laughed.  “That means every clothing company on the planet would have to upload the specs on their garments – which admittedly they could do – but what they found was that when they did that, unscrupulous people would take that information and make exact duplicates of the designer goods – sometimes out of better material – and it nearly put everyone out of business.  So malls still exist – partially to avoid easy copyright infringement – and partially for the simple pleasure of going shopping and having 40 stores under one roof.  It’s still a fun place to go and spend time.  Admittedly the malls are generally smaller and there are fewer of them, but they still exist.  I think their online profits help subsidize the brick and mortar stores, for the most part.  For trying on new clothes and figuring out what sizes work best, it’s still best to go to a physical store and try stuff on.”

 

                The two of them entered the mall through sliding glassteel doors, and looked around.  Near the front door was a vid screen showing maps of the mall, and the locations of various stores.  The Mall itself looked like eight floors of shops around the outer ring of the Skyscraper – and a gallery in the center where you could see down several floors to other shops, with shoppers milling around.  The space in the gallery was filled with banners and streamers to make it look festive and attractive, and one wall had climbing ivy or plants that looked like it, making it a green space.  Two glass sided elevators took passengers up and down.

 

                After a few minutes of orientation with the helpful vid screen, they decided their first stop was ladies undergarments – up two floors and on the other side of the gallery.  Sarah paused outside the shop – it was called “Forbidden Pleasures”  - and realized she was scared to go in.  For years, as John, it would have been awkward at best, and inappropriate at worst – and now… it was normal.  The strangeness of being allowed to enter and no one considering it odd shook Sarah a little.  

 

                “You coming?”  Hortencia asked.

 

                “Yeah, sorry.”  Sarah entered the shop, and began looking around.  There were dozens of kinds of bras, panties, lingerie, and even adult toys.  “Is this what we need?”

 

                Hortencia nodded.  “I figured you could buy cheap, or go for quality.  Forbidden Pleasures has a reputation for the best stuff, and it has a great return policy if there are any problems.”  Hortencia paused.  “You have no idea what you need, do you?”

 

                Sarah blushed.  “No.”

 

                Hortencia laughed.  “I’ve got you covered.  You’ll need some underwear and bras, some sports bras for support, and maybe if you’re ready, something fancy.” 

 

                “Let’s skip the fancy for now, Hortencia – I don’t really have anyone to wear it for.”  Sarah replied.  “How about some pajamas or sleep shirts instead?”

 

                “Can do, Boss!”  Hortencia replied.  First, I need to know your measurements from your Sim – your band size and bust size.”

 

                “Uh…”  Sarah fumbled.

 

                “Didn’t the clinic give you a list of sizes for clothing?”  Hortencia asked, a little frustrated.

 

                “They gave me some paperwork – I hadn’t looked at it yet.  Gimme a sec.”  Sarah looked through the documents in her pockets and finally found what she was looking for!  “Here – I didn’t know they gave out sizes when they did biosculpt.”

 

                “Well, they crafted you from the ground up…  They kind of have your sizes.  Let’s see.”  Hortencia looked over the sizes, and seemed satisfied.  “According to the sizes from the institute, you’re a ladies large for undies and most pants and leggings, a large for most tops, and a size 12 for Bra.”

 

                “Any idea what that would be in old Terran reckoning?”  Sarah asked.

 

                “Not of the top of my head.”  Hortencia replied.  “I’ll check.”  She turned on her wrist computer, and did a quick search.  “I’m not sure if its exactly correct, but does 36C make any sense to you?”

 

                Sarah nodded.  “Yeah it does.  Thanks.”

 

                “You know, we’re almost the same size – I’ll bet we could share some clothes sometimes!”  Hortencia giggled as she grabbed a small shopping cart. 

 

                “Just as long as there are no scorpions or poisonous plants in them, okay?” 

 

                “Deal!”  Hortencia replied.

 

                The next hour and a bit was taken up by searching through various styles and patterns of underwear, night clothes, bras and hosiery.  Sarah was overwhelmed by the sheer variety and different types of what was available.  There was so much choice in color, fabric, and other considerations, it seemed mind boggling – and she knew it was only the beginning.  So far she had grabbed about ten sets of bras and panties, four or five sets of leggings, and three pairs of pajamas.  It was enough for now.  Hortencia had suggested she purchase an adult toy, and Sarah caved in and did, although she was a little wary of the erotic device as she put it in her baggage.  In the end, Sarah wore one of the sets of panties and bras out of the shop, and was surprised and happy at how comfortable they felt…  In the ride over, her chest had been giving her some serious problems, and she was more than glad for the support.

 

                Afterwards, they went looking for tops and bottoms - skirts, pants, shorts, blouses, T-shirts and more, all in dozens of varieties and styles and colors.  By the time they had finished outfitting Sarah with a basic wardrobe, her head was spinning from all the different styles and types of clothing she’d been exposed to.  So far her style, if she had one yet, was relaxed for shipboard life – but attractive and cut well.  She had a few skirts, a few jeans and slacks, some shorts, blouses, shirts and vests, sweaters and jackets.

She was getting a little fatigued, and was relieved when Hortencia said there were only a few shops left.  She had taken what remained of her boy clothes off, and had donned a set of pants that came down to her calves – she thought they were called culottes – and a simple T-shirt and a vest to cover it up a bit.  They felt comfortable, and she really liked them.

 

                She bought a purse, several sets of shoes and a few sets of boots.  Sarah didn’t know if she would need all that, but Hortencia had demanded she have some variety or Sarah would regret it later.  So fine – its only money, she thought.  The last stop was at a pharmacy, where they picked up several hygiene supplies – from toothpaste to sanitary napkins.  By the end of the day, Sarah was actually starting to feel extremely tired.

 

                “Are we almost done?”  Sarah asked, looking rather fatigued.

 

                “Yep.”  Hortencia replied.  “We’ve got enough now to keep you outfitted.  If you’re the type of girl to like makeup, we could go get some of that, then head back to the ship.”

 

                “Normally I’d say, hell yes, and jump in with both feet, Hortencia, but I’m getting tired. Can we do that another time?”  Sarah asked.

 

                “Sure.  You know, we could have stopped earlier, if you were tired.”  Hortencia chided.

 

                “Yeah,”  Sarah replied, “But I wouldn’t have my wardrobe.  At least I have the basics.”

 

                “And then some.”  Hortencia laughed.  “You look nice, Sarah.”

 

                “Thanks.  I think everything else will have to wait until later.  I’m pooped.”

 

                “Then let’s head back to the ship.” 

 

                Hortencia led Sarah out of the mall back to their aircar, and they loaded their bags into the back and returned to the ship.

 

 

*              *              *

 

                On the drive back, Sarah’s mind wandered.  Today had been marvellous!  She’d been able to shop and buy whatever she wished, and try on clothes and styles she had longed for for so long.  She’d gotten everything she ever wanted – so why did she feel so uncomfortable?  She felt like she was acting – playing a part, and not being herself.  Maybe it’s just the clothes are new and I’m not used to them, she thought.  Or more likely, it’s the new body – the new me – that’s throwing me off.  I’ll give it a few days and see if I feel better, once I get used to everything.

 

                Hortencia made her way through the crowded and busy starport traffic, and docked the car in the small garage off the port side of the Fortune’s Favor.  “We’re home!”  She said.

 

                “Great!  Can I get a hand carrying some of my stuff to my cabin?” Sarah asked.

 

                “Sure.”  Hortencia hopped out of the car, and went to grab several bags.  A few moments later, they were on their way to the common room, and from there the cabins.

 

                “Looking good, ladies!”  Drago called out as they passed the common room.  “You look great Sarah.  You need any help?”

 

                Sarah chuckled.  “No thanks Drago – Hortencia and I have all of it.  Thanks for the compliment!”

 

                “You’re welcome!”  Drago replied.  “Bear is in his room, reading, if you’re wondering where he is.”

 

                “Thanks again.”  Sarah laughed.  “I’m going to go put this stuff away first.”

 

                The two girls headed down the short hall to the cabins, and entered Sarah’s room.  Hortencia put the bags she was carrying on Sarah’s bunk, leaving Sarah to find a place for the rest of the bags and packages.

 

                “I think this is where I leave you to unpack.”  Hortencia laughed.  “If you’re anything like me, it’s going to take you a while.”

 

                “Thanks again, Hortencia.  You’ve been a great help today.”  Sarah gave Hortencia a hug.  “I really appreciated it.”

 

                Hortencia smiled back at her friend.  “I’m glad.  It was kind of fun too.  I had a good time.”

 

                “Me too.”

 

                “See you later then,”  Hortencia replied.  “I’m going to go see what trouble Drago’s been getting up to.”

 

                “Good luck!”  Sarah called as the door to her cabin slid shut.  “Now, what to do with all this stuff?”  She muttered to herself.  The bunks in the room had storage shelves beneath the mattress, plus a large wardrobe on the wall – and since Sarah wasn’t double bunking with someone, she could use their drawers and their wardrobe as well, which was great!  She started putting away the clothes, hanging up some of the blouses and skirts at Hortencia’s suggestion, and the rest she folded neatly in the drawers.  Surprisingly, she still had two of three drawers left from the top bunk, and the entire unused wardrobe besides her main one.  Sweet! She thought.  I have room for expansion!

 

                Pleased with herself, Sarah realized she was hungry, and went to knock on Bears’ door.  “Bear?  You inside?  Its Sarah.”

 

                “Da.”  Bear replied.  “It’s open.”

 

                Sarah pressed the door handle, and went inside.  “Hey Bear!  How are you doing?”

 

                Bear’s grin stretched slowly across his entire face.  “I am good – and you look fantastic.  It suits you Sarah.”

 

                “Thanks, Bear.  Did you eat yet?”  she asked.

 

                “No – I thought I would wait for you.”  Bear replied.  “It seemed like polite thing to do.”

 

                “Thanks, Bear.”  Sarah said, smiling.  “It was.  Do you want to go get dinner?”

 

                “Da.  I will just put book down.”  Bear put down his data slate – which must have been doubling as an e-reader for the time being.  “Is your shopping done?”

 

                “Yes and no.”  Sarah replied.  “I have some stuff to get that’s fun – like my own data slate or computer, and a few other knickknacks that would make my job doing the merchant stuff easier – a few programs to keep track of cargo coming and going.  I also need a haircut, to tidy up my hair and make it look a little more professional and a little less scraggly.”

 

                “Ah.  I need haircut too.  Maybe we can go together, and I can help you with electronics.  You might not know which ones are good and which ones are merely okay.”

 

                “Sound’s great, Bear.  Sure!  How about tomorrow some time?”

 

                “Sounds good to me also.”  Bear replied.  “Did you want to eat in, or eat out?  There is good buffet at Travellers Aid Society.”

 

                “Eat in, I think – I’m too tired to go out right now.” 

 

                “Okay then.  More ship food it is.”  Bear laughed.

 

                “I’ll trade you the apple cobbler it comes with for the strawberries and crème if you get one.”  Sarah replied, smiling.

 

                “Da!  And if mine comes with those green tubers, I will trade you for the things that look like mashed peas.”

 

                “You’re on!”  Sarah laughed.  “Let’s go eat.”

 

               

*              *              *

 

                After dinner, Sarah was too tired to do much talking – although she had scored some of the strawberries and crème off of Bear.   She didn’t mind the apple cobbler, but she knew Bear liked it more – and the berries and crème were pretty good too.  She went back to her room, and stripped out of her clothes, taking a good long look at herself and smiling.  I look pretty damn good if I do say so myself, she thought.  And I feel a damn sight better than I did as John.  My body feels right – just a bit unfamiliar. 

 

                Sarah got out a pair of pajamas to wear, but set them aside on the edge of her bunk – tonight she had something else in mind.  I’ve been thinking – dreaming – about this for over ten years, she thought, as she lay back in her bunk and slowly ran her hands up and down her sides, caressing herself slowly and feeling the subtle and electric sensations fill her.  As her hands slid up from her hips, she slowly cupped her breasts and gave them a little squeeze – and she gasped as she felt warmth fill her belly and groin, and little electric sensations of pleasure radiated outwards from her breasts.  She explored slowly for a while, testing how it all felt, and could feel her nipples standing upright like tiny cones, so she tweaked one gently, and gasped in pleasure as more electric tingles radiated outward.

 

                As the pleasure within her began to build, she felt herself begin to get wet between her legs, and she let one hand snake down and slowly caress the moist slit between her legs.  She gasped as she touched it – as new sensations she had never felt before raced through her.  She gently pushed a finger inside, and rubbed gently, marvelling at the odd sensation of having something inside her, while slowly losing herself in the pleasurable rhythm.  As her fingers explored, she found a little nub, and as she caressed it gently, fireworks began to go off in her mind, and she gasped in shock.  That feels really good!  She thought, barely coherent.

 

                She began to caress the nub gently, while caressing her breasts with her other hand, and she began to feel a heat building in her groin and belly – a heat that grew and grew until a wave crested over her and she cried out loud.  It was like fireworks going off, and being swept away by a wave of emotion and sensation all at once.  All she could see was stars – and then as the lights faded, she lay gently in the afterglow, letting the pleasing sensations wash over her.

 

                “That was amazing.”  Sarah said to herself.  “Oh my god, that was good.”  She smiled, as tears of joy ran down her face as she was overcome by emotion.  Finally after all this time, she was whole.  She was a woman.  It felt good. 

 

                She lay there a short while, drifting – basking in the glow of her lovemaking, and felt relaxed and at peace.  I made the right decision.  I did.  She thought.  This is me now.

 

                Sarah realized that her explorations had left a significant wet spot on the bed, and laughed.  She grabbed the sheets, through them in the fresher, and put a new set down.  She also took a shower before returning to bed, her soft pajama’s caressing her skin gently.  Sarah couldn’t help but be filled with optimism about what the next few days would bring.

 

               

7