Chapter 4: Escape
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sin turned around and ran. At this point, he knew he couldn't win without his power. A massive aura of gluttony tails him. The creature leaps, brandishing it's sharp claws. Sin dodged it but suffered a deep wound on his shoulder. Holding the wound, he stood up and continued to run. The creature still follows him.

Navigating the underwater caverns, Sin lost the creature due to its winding series of pathways. 

Sin stumbled upon a large dome filled with armors, weapons and treasures and more, likely from people that unfortunately trespassed the creature's territory. 

Sensing the aura of gluttony nearing, Sin grabbed a spear and a shield and faced the creature.

He thrusted his spear, aiming for the creature's chest. However, the creature dodged it, maybe because of the creature's speed or Sin's untrained arms.

For the first in his life, he felt the fear of death. He suddenly rolled away and grabbed another spear from the pile.

Sin then charged forward and bashed the creature with the shield before thrusting the spear towards its arm.

The spear was lodged and he couldn't drew it back, so Sin left the creature and ran away.

Perhaps the reason for his sudden bravery may be the Overseer of the Dead but who knows. Sin finally reached the exit, still holding his shield. But the exit is still underwater.

"... You're no food. Why are you here..."

Sin was startled and turned around. The creature was limping, holding it's arm with the spear still lodged in. Sin was surprised because he didn't sense the aura of gluttony coming, meaning that the creature didn't think of him as food now.

Sin dropped his shield and sat beside the exit. The creature saw this and understood.

"... You're a trespasser..... but you're not with ill intent.... "

The creature spoke, this time not a growl but a more refined voice. The creature removed the spear from its arm. The wound quickly healed. Sin realized that if the creature really wanted to kill him, it could do so without breaking a sweat, given its supernatural recovery.

Its elongated sharp claws retracted, the fins folded and the tail... was still a tail. The creature then sat away.

".... If you were trying to seek my life, you could've aimed at my head... "

The creature was now speaking with a normal voice but the problem was that Sin couldn't understand the language Magincia so he just remained silent, relying on his innate power to sense aura of sin.

Silence, with Sin relying on his senses and the creature staring at him with unknown motives.

It would've been a long time of awkwardness if not for a bright flash of light. The light blinded the creature and when the light subsided, it only saw Sin laying down on the ground, unconscious.

What happened was that, during the flash, a hand holding a hammer struck Sin's head. This gave Sin the ability to understand the language but given that it's a hammer, it dealt physical damage. The comprehension of the language, paired with a painful blow to his head cause him to fall on his back and soundly sleep.

"....what just happened..."

Nothing to do, Rikuo, guardian of the ocean, carried his body and went to the surface.

0