Chapter 8a: Preparation
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the room, Sin finally regained his composure. Seeing the hand of Alicia with a pill on it, he took the pill and ate it. The pain melting away, Sin recalled the memories.

'The actions of the other me are... Did Origin do something about that or was it Chrono.. I need to merge both timelines. But first...'

He glanced at Alicia who was looking strangely at him. The silver knight didn't even know what Sin experienced in that brief moment.

"Silver knight... Alicia... was it? Can you tell me about this place?"

Alicia then stood up and unlocked the chains on Sin's limbs while speaking.

"This is Storsgrov. This city was built near the shores of Reginos. Our Bashanians ancestors marked this place ages ago. We don't know why but they must've foresaw the riches that could be gained here. Storsgrov is famed for its sea trade and it's winter. That's all I can say, I don't usually pay attention to this kind of stuff..."

Sin noticed that his clothes now are different. Seeing that Sin was looking at his clothes, Alicia responds.

"Your clothes were soaked so we had to dry it. The maids also dressed you up."

"Can I take a tour of the place?"

"Wha-"

Before Alicia could even respond, Baltazar opened the door abruptly and beckoned Sin.

"Of course. It would be my honor to guide you through the stronghold."

"Lord Baltazar... I think that wouldn't be needed. Our guest only has to stay within the perimeter."

"Surely, even the Silver Knight can be bored of staying at the same place. Besides, the lord of this stronghold is me."

Imaginary sparks are currently going off for a while. Sin, however, still thinks about the memories he had taken.

'I need to prepare...'

Sin looked at Baltazar who was still engaged in an argument with the Silver Knight.

"...If the noble... If Lord Baltazar wants to, then it'll be a pleasure.."

Alicia harrumphed, glancing at Baltazar who's smiling faintly before finally leaving.

"Then if you'll excuse me. Please follow me.."

Hours passed. Both of them are currently in front of the gates.

"....and if you walked outside, you'll arrive at the Common District. Nobles tend to dislike this city due to the merchants, only I am present in this fortress though it is for formality only."

Baltazar explains as he points towards the bustling city surrounding the fortress. The only thing separating the fortress and the city is a massive moat. Several drawbridges connect the district towards the fortress.

"That's all that I can allow you to explore. If you have any questions, feel free to ask."

"...Is there a reason why I am being treated with hospitality?"

Sin asked. Ever since he was carried here, the lord and even the knight from before treated him with respect as soon as he disclosed that he was outside from Magincia.

"Pardon me if you dislike the sudden hospitality but it is part of our tradition. Our Bashanian ancestors made a rule to treat every individual outside of Magincia with respect. In order to not abuse this privilege, our ancestors also made that bell that you saw earlier."

'Bashanians.... could they have predicted my transmigration here.. or was it a coincidence..'

Seeing that Sin was lost in his thoughts, Baltazar cleared his throat.

"If you like, you could explore the district. Of course, I'll have Alicia accompany you."

"I would thank you for the offer then..."

Baltazar then commanded a servant to call the silver knight. The noise of the clanking armor notified Sin of Alicia's arrival.

"I am to accompany Sire Operion. It would be an honor..."

Bowing lightly, Alicia spoke. Sin couldn't shake off his feeling of displacement but still he strode towards the Common District along with Alicia.

'I have to set up the convergence zone... but why do I feel that something is amiss...'

Sin thought to himself as he walked towards the bustling plaza.

0