Chapter 8b: Gradual Effort
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recovering himself, Sin finally managed to stood up. Rosetta was surprised before hiding her reaction.

'As expected from a First Class...'

Thinking to herself, Rosetta was lost in her thoughts. Sin however was thinking of much more important matters.

'If my other self has prepared the convergence, then I only have to follow the memories.'

Sin then looked at Rosetta who was still lost in thoughts. Snapping his fingers, Sin then broke Rosetta's idleness.

"Can you get me out of here? I have something important to do."

"Of course sir! I could also provide assistance if you need it."

'That's true... It would be a good idea to have someone who has knowledge of the area...'

"Then let's go."

Sin opened the door. Outside was a dark hallway littered with torches and cells. Occasional groans and screams are heard as well. Walking forward passing by auras of sins, they made their way towards the end of the hallway.

"Please me be first. There may be guards nearby."

Slowly opening the door, Rosetta was surprised by the lack of guards.

'Strange... did something major happened?'

Rosetta thought to herself as she looked around, searching for any enemies. Seeing that there are none, she then beckoned Sin to follow.

'No guards... The lady interrogator was also in a hurry...'

Still thinking to herself, Rosetta and Sin wandered through the dungeon in search of the exit. Hearing some footsteps, both of them hid in the shadows.

"....I hear the Silver Knight has summoned all military personnel. I wonder what was that about?"

"Eh, some speech probably. Also, it's not 'all' personnel. Lowly ranks like us aren't called."

"Well... Still, shouldn't they have left more guard? Almost all guards are invited. What if someone escapes?"

"Relax. This is Griever Dungeon. Escaping here would be impo-"

Before the guard completed his sentence, his head was stabbed by a knife. His body falls as his companion still processing what just happened.

"Sir! Quick, before he alert the others!"

Being thrown by such an emergency, Sin dashed towards the remaining guard and held his neck with one hand. Still choking, Sin then placed his left hand on the guard's face and snapped it.

'Crack'

The guard's body limps then Sin released his hold, letting the body fall to the floor.

"Good job sir! What pleasant snap!"

Rosetta compliments while dragging both bodies to an inconspicuous corner. Sin then gazed at his hand. The feeling of murder was felt for a moment then was replaced by emptiness.

'I still can't feel any emotions...'

Clenching his hand, Sin followed Rosetta and walked towards the exit.

"Sir, we're currently on the east side of Griever Dungeon. The exit on this side leads to the Common District. Didn't you have something important to do, sir?"

Rosetta speaks as she opens up a map.

'Common District... My other self went there... Maybe the merging will occur there..'

Ignoring Rosetta, Sin opened the door leading outside.

0