Chapter 9a: The Common District
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People passing by, seemingly in a hurry. Carriages strode by side by side on the wide road. Peddlers and merchants alike shouting their wares to the passing shoppers.

The Common District was lively. Sin's first impression of the rumored district. Alicia, however looks irritated, perhaps disliking the atmosphere of the place.

"Ugh.. so noisy and chaotic..."

Ignoring the mutterings of the Silver Knight beside him, Sin wandered the bustling district. Weapons, armors, food, daily necessities, etc. The district can offer almost everything.

'So many people... how could I prepare for the merge...'

Sin was contemplating about the preparation. Alicia on the other hand, was busy scowling at the scenery.

"Sire Operion...Is there anywhere else would you like to go?"

Alicia asks, impatient to leave. Sin ignores her and walks around, searching for a viable location. Alicia sighed and quietly followed Sin. Due to Sin's exploration, they have arrived at the city gates. Carriages coming from the large gate as well as people passing through the small one. Guards are busy on the lookout while some are taking a peek at the Silver Knight that showed up.

Sin turned around and saw the small fortress in the distance. The clock tower on the plaza rung and reminded people that it is now noon.

'This is the place... Alongside with the invasion... Perhaps, I can also find out about that massive aura of wrath that's near the beach...'

Sin knelt down and placed a mark. A circle with and inverted triangle inside it.

'Now all I have to do is wait for the invasion...'

Seeing Sin walking pass her, returning to the fortress, Alicia was dazed. She took a look at the mark and saw nothing special about it. She then also returned to the fortress, unknowing of what's about to happen.

"I believe that was a good walk. Now please allow me to guide you to a more pleasant room."

Returning to the fortress, Baltazar greeted Sin and guided him to a guest room. Alicia arrives shortly after.

"If there's anything you need, please ring this bell and a maid will assist you. Now if you'll excuse me."

Baltazar leaves after placing a bell on the bedside table. While Sin is lost in thought, Alicia walked in.

"Baltazar thinks you're trustworthy but I have my opinions. Here, wear this."

Alicia then hands Sin a ring. The ring is blue in color and it is adorned by a small gem.

"The ring will alert me if you took it off or if you ventured into unauthorized areas. Then, I'll take my leave."

Sin was now alone inside the room. He inspected the ring before losing interest. He then concentrated in order to see what his other self has been up to.

0