Chapter 9b: The Hidden District
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Sin opened the door, he was greeted by a sound of a clock ringing, signifying that it was now noon.

"We're near the plaza but we can't risk of getting caught. Sir, please follow me."

Rosetta walked while Sin followed. They've arrived near a sewer entrance. Rosetta opened it and went inside, not minding the stench and neither does Sin. Mazing through the sewers, they found themselves in front of a gate.

"Sir, we've arrived at the Hidden District."

Rosetta gave the guard a pouch then opened the gate, the guard not minding her actions. Inside was a chaotic area, filled with the smell of gunpowder and blood. Screams and laughter was heard every minute, alongside with loud moans. Arguments on the path can be seen and some even started drawing their weapons, passersby and merchants, no exceptions to the anarchy.

Sin's senses trembles in joy as it receives auras of sin left and right. However, Sin was expressionless, viewing this place only as a swamp of sin.

"If you do not know, sir, the Common District above deals with legitimate business. Almost everything that you need can be bought above. Almost. The rest can be obtained here. Whether by illegal means or not."

Rosetta explains as she guides Sin through the Hidden District.

"Well, if you don't mind me, sir. Would you care to change your...clothes? You've been wearing rags this whole time.."

Rosetta looked at Sin from top to bottom. Sin, however paid no heed to her observation as he looks at the shop they've stopped in front of. A clothing shop. But being located in the Hidden District, this shop has it's own few secrets.

Sin wordlessly entered the shop causing Rosetta to frantically follow.

Few moments later..

"Now sir, you look presentable.."

Wearing a black jacket coupled with white collared shirt and black pants, Sin now looks like a civilized individual, though some might argue that he now looks like a business man that came from another universe but that's not important.

"And here, to top it off."

Rosetta hands him black shoes. Sin bends down to wear it.

'Now that trifles are done, let's get back to the objective...'

"Hey, wait up sir! Are you fine without weapons? Sir, your hands are amazing sir but when in combat, no one denies an advantage over the enemy."

Just removing her sight, Sin disappeared and Rosetta followed, shouting at Sin who was already further away.

'..She's...right. Furthermore, I need anything I can get. I can't afford to die during the invasion.. That would be....embarrassing..'

Sin stopped which made Rosetta caught up, panting in exhaustion. Sin gazed at his hands.

'....Why would it be embarrassing... embarrassment.... emotion?'

Finally gaining a tinge of feeling, Sin turned around and spoke to Rosetta who was now breathing normally.

"....Show me the way."

"Aye sir. Please follow me."

Rosetta then guided Sin to an alleyway, leading to the area of weaponry.

0