Chapter 26
154 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you mean, there’s no need?” Damien was at a loss as he talked to the headmistress. She sat atop her desk with crossed legs. soft grey locks falling luxuriously down to her back.

“Our students are very well behaved,” She spoke with a touch of pride. “I do appreciate your idea of starting a disciplinary committee to uphold public morals, but such an organization has no merit in an environment where the students already hold themselves to a high standard of etiquette.” She took the stack of papers that Damien had meticulously written up. “A shame. These documents are very well done. Sadly, they’ll go to waste.”

Damien felt like kicking her. He didn’t give a damn about public morals! He wanted to show off, dammit! His new persona of a “good guy” needed constant boosting and taking up the task of righteously clearing up the school’s delinquents would have done just that!

But what’s this? She’s telling me there’s not one deviant? That can’t be true, surely! Either she’s blind, dumb, corrupt, or...these students are huge geeks.

Well fine. You want something done, you got to do it yourself. He’ll find out exactly whether what this woman said is true or not!

“I see.” He responded easily. “That’s great to hear. I still think there is value in creating the committee anyway to ensure this continued trend, but I won’t push the matter. I merely hope this stays true...” Damien trailed off with a touch of worry.

The intelligent headmistress looked at him curiously. “Is something wrong, student Claybrook?”

“Well...it’s probably nothing.” He hesitated. “But actually, I’ve noticed a few familiar faces during my short time at Baumeister. Some rather roguish acquaintances.”

“What?” A slight crease of the brow. “Please elaborate, student. Are you worried these individuals may start trouble?”

“Well, Miss, I’m sure you’ve heard of the various rumors surrounding me, correct?” He prodded.

The woman nodded. “Yes, they had caught my attention. Though you do not match the person I expected, for which I am glad. Don’t worry, I will not discriminate based on things I have not personally witnessed.” She assured gently with a cool smile.

Damien looked at her gratefully. “That’s a relief. But that brings me to my point: Those rumors were started by these people i talk of now. I do realize it’s rather narcissistic to say so myself, but I’ve always been rather well-liked among the young Ladies of our kingdom. Suffice it to say, this has earned me no small amount of envy.” He sighed tiredly.

Headmistress Moon gave a dismissive reaction. “Popular men will always incur the jealousy of others. You are not responsible for their pettiness.” She seemed to hold disdain for such people, and it showed.

“I realize I cannot control their emotions or actions. However, because of my popularity they’ve constantly done what they could to ruin me. Whether it be my reputation or my body, they’d always sought to harm me. ”

“They engaged you physically?”

“Oh, yes. Them, among others. I’ve been forced to defend myself numerous times.”

His words caused her to give a look of sympathy. “I’m sorry that happened to you.”

“I appreciate the sentiment. Thankfully I’ve always been a fairly competent fighter, so I never got too roughed up. Anyway, the students I saw are only a part of the group of those who would revel in my...” He seemed to search for the words. “Misfortune, let’s say. Well, I’m not saying that they’d make any serious attempt on me. However, they are as I said; Roguish. I merely don’t wish for them to sow discord among the students. Especially not on my account.”

“I told you, Claybrook. You are not responsible for them.” Darkness glittered in her eyes. “I won’t persecute them for what they haven’t done, but rest assured your warning is taken to heart. If they make a move against your or any other student, in whatever capacity, I will handle them appropriately.”

Damien smiled brilliantly. “Thank you, Ms. Moon!” He said energetically. “That’s all I ask.”

“Very good. Now, give me a list of names and I will put them on watch as persons of interest.”

“Yes, Ms. Moon.” He acquiesced.

He left the beautiful headmistress’ office and let loose a wicked smirk.

No need, is there? By the time he’s done with this school, there will be!

***

One week later.

“Oh my god, he’s got a crossbow!”

“Man down, man down!”

“My leg!”

It was complete and total pandemonium. Headmistress Moon saw a third-year painting profanity along the wall. There were trash bins set on fire. A tall figure in a trenchcoat was talking in a hushed tone with a student and ran off as soon as she called out to them.

Even worse, to her utter horror, several statues depicting the patron gods of their faith lay in ruins. Debased, destroyed, and sacrileged against. This would surely incur heavenly wrath!

“What on the Gods’ green earth is going on?!” She screamed.

“Send a unit to sector 3!” A familiar voice tickled her ear. Just then a serious-looking Damien ran past and tackled the crossbow-wielding student to the ground, placing the boy’s hands behind his hands and binding them. Several other students, who wore a purple cloth around their arms, responded to the earlier command. “Yessir!”

And ran off to perform their duties.

“Sir!” A chubby boy huffed and puffed as he ran to Damien’s side.

“Bernie!” Damien cut him a glance as he held the offending boy down by the neck. “What’s the sitrep?”

“Not good.” The boy replied breathlessly. “Sector 5 has been overrun. Sector 1 is barely holding on, and Lieutenant Vera has gone silent.”

Headmistress Moon saw a dark light come into Damien’s eyes. They turned to steel. “Send our remaining forced to sector 1. Vera can handle herself.”

“What about sector 5? Sir, it’s hell in there!”

Damien rose to his feet and pushed the boy in his hands to Bernie. “I’ll take care of sector 5.”

Bernie gaped at him. “By yourself? SIR!” He shouted. “That’s suicide!”

Damien grit his teeth. “I have a duty to our fellow classmates, Bernie. It’s the obligation of the strong.”

The chubby youth’ double chins jiggled with emotion. “Sir!” He sobbed. Damien clapped his back.

“You’re in command now, Bernie. Get this school under control. I’ll be back soon.”

“No...sir, please...”

But the tall, solemn-faced youth merely turned his back to leave. Only to blink as he came to discover a very confused, distraught headmistress Moon.

“Ms. Moon!” He took her arm. “What’re you doing here? It’s dangerous!”

The woman looked at him in a daze. “Mr.Claybrook....” Her mouth felt numb. “What’s happening?”

Damien turned grim. “It’s--”

Boom.

“Damn.” They looked into the distance where a black cloud rose into the sky. It looked to be in the direction of the Art Room. “No time. I have to go. Ms. Moon, go to the teacher’s lounge. The other staff members have holed up there. Well...those that’re left.”

She was stunned by his words. “What happened to the others?”

“...They got cream pied.” He sighed wearily. “Banana, if I remember rightly. The monsters.”

....Dear heavens...

41

4