Chapter 28
90 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hm? Now you want to start a club?” Julia Moon, the headmistress of Baumeister, looked down at the application in her hands and then at the handsome youth who’d handed it to her.

He had rich chocolate brown hair and violet eyes with fair, unblemished skin. He rested atop a plush seat in front of her with folded hands, a small and disarming smile upon his face.

Damien Claybrook, infamous troublemaker to others and a real lifesaver to Julia. The boy had proven the rumors about him false and had contributed greatly to the safety of her academy by quelling the uprising of that gang of delinquents from some time ago.

His warning had been kept in mind, but somehow the students he was worried would cause unrest had still managed to turn several dozen other students into lawless rogues. They pulled reckless pranks all over the school, from thowing pies at staff members, to graffiti, to even more serious crimes.

Thankfully, no one had been hurt and the chaos had been stopped by the quick actions of Mr. Claybrook. In preparation for any potential problems, he’d created an unofficial organization composed of fellow classmates who had, like Damien, rose to the occasion and participated in stopping the delinquents.

All those involved had been punished severely. The main perpetrators had been expelled, while the followers were suspended. Those who had debased the statues of their gods had never been caught, sadly, but if they were ever brought into the light they’d be sent off to the nearest temple to train as priests!

In any case, Damien’s organization had proved its necessity. The recent debacle was very rare, but a group tasked with enforcing the academy’s laws and regulations proved needed. Julia regretted not listening to Damien and approving his disciplinary committee back then. She’d surely have been able to avoid that mess if she had.

It was due to the foresight and heroism shown during this event that had led Julia to place her trust in the boy. Not only had he saved her own self several times during that troubling time, but he’d also then gone off alone to subdue a “sector” while his compatriots got the other areas under control.

And he only proved more exemplary after that, constantly helping out his fellow students and even creating several rather miraculous pills which became quite popular among both student and staff for their effectiveness in promoting a healthy night’s sleep.

For people who often spent their time researching for their next thesis or studying for good grades, suffice it to say they didn’t rest much. As such, the boy’s pills were a god-send!

All of these factors contributed to Julia’s extremely favorable opinion of the youth! Not to mention, he was very easy on the eyes besides all that. He was such a good student! And so cute! She wanted to hug him but held back the desire. It would be embarrassingly unprofessional.

In any case, that’s why Julia didn’t even bother to question his intentions this time. “I approve.” She nodded easily. The boy’s document was perfect and there was nothing to nitpick. It described in great detail why the creation of this club would lead to an even more rewarding, safe and comfortable school environment.

As such, it could only be a good thing!

Her faith in Damien’s capability and pure intentions was unshakable.

“But you’ll need an advisor for your club. And a club room. Sadly we had no spare rooms to offer, so you will have to acquire something in town. I will prepare the funds for you, so--”

“Ah,” Damien gently stopped her with a raised hand. “There’s no need to trouble yourself, Ms. Julia.” His smile turned even more dazzling. “As you know, my family is quite wealthy. It would besmirch our good name if I allowed your esteemed academy to pay. This is merely my selfish request, after all.”

Julia neary teared up! Really, such a good, humble child! What part of this was selfish? If anything, it was entirely the opposite! What’s more, it was even a club whose activities would be rather tedious to complete! Helping others resolve their plights, what this not the epitome of selflessness?!

She wanted to rub his head, but held it in and kept a straight face. Mrs. Everic was right, he truly is a splendid child!

“I see. Well, if that is your wish.” She didn’t try to dissuade him and felt guilty. But after all, their school never did get enough funding. It was inevitable. Though they did get a substantial amount of aid in that department, they also ran several high-cost projects. They were scholars, of course they’d be in constant need of capital to fund their research.

So although she favored him greatly, she chose to back down and be pragmatic. No matter how ashamed it made her!

Also, one thing he said did catch her ear.

...The Claybrooks truly were very wealthy...

She suddenly looked at Damien with gold coins in her eyes. But, no! She couldn’t take advantage of a student in such a way. Begging for money from her pupil’s family, it was downright despicable.

She shook the scummy thoughts out of her head. Recently such ideas had plagued her, but she always stopped herself at the last second. She had no idea when she’d become so shameless. Although she didn’t actually do anything, just the thoughts were enough to make her feel endless grief.

What she did not know was that Damien had been training her to have such greedy thoughts. He knew very well the lamentations of a woman of science. They always lacked money!

So he would casually mention his family’s wealth in her presence at every opportunity or wore rare and valuable jewelry around her. Nothing too ostentatious, but rather subdued. Every gesture would bring her attention to a ring, or a pendant. And she, being the worldly scholar she is, would be forced to calculate the price in her mind.

Whenever her chest seemed to tighten, her if she licked her lip, he noticed. Even now, the dollar signs in her eyes as she stared at him was all captured by him.

Soon...soon...

First he’d make her dependant on his money. Then, his body! He planned to take her slowly.

She and Mrs. Everic, he would corrupt them with the sweetest of tortures!

Such was his only goals in this shitty school All he’d done was in preparation for their conquering, after all. And once he had them interested, he could drop these annoyingly bright smiles and goody-two-shoes persona and let his true self shine through!

A good guy was a nice friend, but you didn’t get women by being all nice all the time. You had to know when to be a bit bad, too.

And that was his default personality!

No, well, he wouldn’t call himself bad, though....

Misunderstood? Yeah. That. Maybe? Fuck it, he liked messing shit up. Sue him.

“What of the advisor? You only have a week to consider.”

“No need for that, either. I already spoke to Mrs. Everic. She said she’d be delighted to become the advisor of such a club.”

“Ah, so that’s why she was all smiles today.” Headmistress Moon chuckled, the sound like that of singing skylarks. “You had this planned from the start, didn’t you?”

“I always come prepared.” He replied evenly. “After all, this is for the sake of my precious classmates.”

“Ever the good knight, huh?” The woman smiled a bit. ” But won’t this get in the way of your duties?”

“Not at all.” He waved of her concern. “You know how well-behaved our kids are.”

His words caused her to stop for a moment. That wording...it seemed a touch suggestive, didn’t it? No, she must be imagining it.

“I’ve barely had anything to do because of it. This will keep me occupied, I should say. Bernie can handle the committee. He’s rather capable himself, you know.”

“If you’re sure.”

“I am. Thank you for your time, Julia.”

“You’re quite welcome.” She nodded and leaned back against her desk. “You are dismissed.”

The boy bowed and took his leave.

It wasn’t until long after he’d left that she realized something had been off.

...Did he call me Julia?

But she let it go. She was probably wrong about it. And to be honest, she didn’t feel a sense of rejection at the idea anyway.

It was strange, but...somehow it even felt a bit nice?

44

4