Chapter 17
3.7k 15 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dolly’s sole duty in life is to protect her brother. Whether it was from evil men who wanted to hurt him, or evil women who wanted to do lewd things to him. They both wanted to take her Day away from her, and Dolly would never allow that. She’d kill them first! Such was the punishment for any who thought they could come between her and her brother.

 

Which is why she definitely had to strangle the life from this bitch’s eyes! See the light fade from her gaze as she breathed her last, so that Dolly knew she could never fulfill her vile plans!

 

With murder in her heart, her little hands clutched at the girl’s neck. But frustratingly Day forcibly wrenched her off, allowing the slut to live another day. 

 

“Calm down, you’re going to kill her.” Day chopped at her head. Dolly winced and rubbed at the love tap, then glared at Day. Why couldn’t he understand that this was all for him?

 

“That was the point, Day! You heard her. She and her despicable, shameful, slutty machinations, I will end them forever. I know you have a soft heart, Day, but please. Understand that all I do is for the sake of our love!” 

 

He rolled his eyes, causing pain to blossom in her chest which she kept hidden. “You keep talking like that and people are going to think you mean something weird. Anyway, women wanting to seduce me is nothing new. Me and you, we’re total jailbait. This much is normal. Also she was pissed off because of her no-good, cheating boyfriend. So of course she’d run into the arms of his much more handsome friend.” He sighed. “It’s a cliche that is as old as time itself. But that’s no reason to kill her. Or threaten your future sister-in-law when she tells you to stop.”

 

Hm? Who?

 

“Hm? Who?”

 

Her thoughts mimicked her words. 

 

“What sister-in-law?”

 

Day pointed and Dolly followed his finger. To her surprise, that Charlotte bitch was here! Ah, the sight of her made her intent to kill grow even stronger! This vile girl was the reason Day got her to begin with. Why was she here?

 

“So it’s you!” Dolly spouted venomously. “Have you no shame? Didn’t i tell you to leave and stay away?! Whenever you show up, Day gets hurt. I don’t want to see you near him ever.” 

 

Her head was chopped once more. “What do you mean, whenever she shows up? It was one time, and I’m fine. Don’t be so dramatic. She’ll be your sister some day, you know?”

 

His words brought a wave of sadness and anger. Dramatic? She couldn’t understand how he could say that. He didn’t just get a bruise or a cut. He nearly died. 

 

Why did he not care about that? Mother and father, too. They didn’t make any fuss at all over the matter, like they couldn’t be bothered. Even Vee let him keep doing strenuous things. Dolly felt like this was all a betrayal. Mother and father should’ve been the ones to rage the most. And Vee, she was almost like a sister to Day. They fought so much, but it came from a place of love, right?

 

Dolly knew that despite their bickering, Day had a soft spot for Vee too. So how could she bring that girl here, the one who hurt him? 

 

It felt like they didn’t care about him at all. It felt like he didn’t care about himself.

 

Dolly hated that the most. It was okay even if they really didn’t love Day because Dolly would simply love him enough to make up for that. What was really unacceptable is if he didn’t care what happened to him. 

 

It made her scalp numb to think about it. Day had to realize how much she love him, how much she wanted him to stay with her! Maybe then he’d care more. Maybe then he’d take less risks. But how did she show him how much she loved him?

 

“Sister? No. I’ll never marry the brother of this girl. Day, the only one I’ll marry is you!” She announced. 

 

Everyone in the room turned quiet. Vera was the first to speak. “You do realize that he is your brother, yes?”

 

“So?”

 

“Siblings can’t marry. It’s basically a national law.” 

 

“What!” She was stunned. How was such a thing be a law?! 

 

“The ideas you come up with.” Day shook his head.  “Just quit it. I mean if you don’t want to marry Alex, fine. I don’t want to give away my adorable little airhead to someone else anyway. But me and you won’t happen either, okay? You odd duck. Even if we wanted to, which I don’t, we can’t. It’s illegal.”

 

But Dolly had different thoughts. “Well, that doesn’t matter.” She said flippantly. “All I need to do is conquer the Kingdom then, right? And change the laws myself.”

 

The slut was stunned. “Uh…”

 

“That’s…” Vee knit her brows ever-so-slightly.

 

“Treason!” Charlotte exclaimed. “You could be executed for just saying that, are you dumb?!”

 

“I will purge the world of everyone who wants to keep me and Day apart.” Dolly refused to back down. She stared at them with folded arms. 

 

“What an unworthy purge.” Day snorted. “Anyway, enough joking around. You came to see me, Princess?” He turned away from her and addressed Charlotte.

 

Her gaze lingered on Dolly for a moment before nodding. “I came to check on you again. How are you feeling?” She stepped forward and circled him, looking him up and down. 

 

“I’m well.” He replied.

 

“I see….” Charlotte trailed off. Guilt flashed across her eyes, as well it should.  She shook her head. “That’s great news. I’m relieved.” She held a hand over her heart and sighed.

 

“You could have sent a letter if that’s all you wanted.” Day observed.

 

“What, you don’t want to see me?” Charlotte lightly teased. Dolly was instantly annoyed. Meanwhile, Charlotte herself felt her chest tighten. She didn’t know why she asked that. Of course he wouldn’t want to see her. No matter what he said, there’s no way he could really not blame her at least a little. She regretted the words the instant they left her mouth. 

 

“Nonsense. Being with you is always a pleasure.” Damien’s smile was just as playful, if not more so. 

 

Charlotte found herself momentarily empty-headed. Honey, too, was once again left lost in it’s brilliance. 

 

Damien, on his end, was inwardly laughing. Look at those two. Putty in his hands. As expected, all that practice during his time being bed-ridden was worth it. He just wasn’t sure if he should do this? Dolly really didn’t seem interested in that Alex anymore. Her brocon had for some resaon developed wayyy too rapidly recently. 

 

He knew Charlotte didn’t approve of Alex and Dolly’s engagement so his plan had been to use his Seduction Tactics to distract her so she’d be too preoccupied gushing over his face to try and get in the way. But Dolly was really becoming too much to handle on that front. She was too against marrying him, it looked like. It just didn’t seem like she’d ever fall for the guy. 

 

Damien had no idea why that was.  Dolly in the game had been won over pretty readily. At the very least, she didn’t have such an attachment to her brother that it got in the way of her liking for Alex. Why had things changed?

 

...It was him, wasn’t it? He’d spoiled her too much. 

 

Well then, what should he do now? He wasn’t sure if he shouldn’t oppose the engagement now too. And so he also wasn’t sure whether he should keep up with trying to win over Charlotte or not. 

 

“Really?”  Charlotte felt her cheeks warm once the words finally registered. She’d heard flowery words before, but even boys her own age weren’t so confident when speaking to her. She felt ashamed that just a sentence could fluster her. 

 

“Of course. Feel free to visit any time. I’d never turn away my favorite soon-to-be sister-in-law.”

 

Charlotte laughed. “You really seem to enjoy playing the older brother role, don’t you?” She said, attempting to hide her feelings of awkwardness at the reminder. 

 

“Well, when I have such cute sisters.”  

 

Charlotte peered at him through half-lidded eyes. “Cute? You dare talk to this Princess so casually, hm? Even as a future brother, aren’t you being a bit too familiar with this Lady? At least call me a beauty.”

 

Damien put on a doting expression as he raised a hand to rub her head. “Yes, yes. Our house’s Charlotte is indeed a little beauty.”

 

Her entire body froze. She felt a great, comforting warmth flow from his hand. Her face turned hot pink immediately. 

 

“W-W-What do you think you’re doing?! Such disrespect! U-Unhand me!” She stammered out forcefully.

 

 Damien shook his head and instead ran his hand down the side of her face to rub at the underside of her chin, just like one would do to a cat.

 

Tears welled in Charlotte’s eyes as she looked at the shocked gazes of Dolly and the other girl. What was he doing in front of other people? This is too embarrassing! 

 

She hurriedly swatted his hand away and turned around, not daring to face any of them. “I said stop it! Even if we are to become kin in the future, this is much too inappropriate!”

 

Damien apologized. “Sorry. It was a force of habit.” He said, rubbing her head once again. “There, there. Calm down now.”

 

Charlotte was well and truly incensed. “Complete and utter bullying! I am not some pet, okay?!”

 

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Sleepy kitty, happy kitty, purr! Purr! Purr~!” Damien sang softly into her reddening ears. 

 

“T-That’s it!” Charlotte shouted. “I won’t take this humiliation! I’m leaving!” She said before fleeing. She left so fast she even forgot to ask what was up with the manacles.

 

Damien watched her departure with open amusement. “Cute kid.” He commented with a smirk. “Really cute.” 

 

“You never cease to disgust me, Young Master.” Vera finally found the room to say. 

 

“I see. Jealous, are we? Well, I am nothing if not a generous man. Come, let me pet you.” He bade her forward magnanimously.

 

“Touch me with those crusty fingers and I’ll bite them off.” Her threat was said so matter-of-factly that he didn’t doubt she’d do exactly that.

 

“Vicious as usual.”

 

Dolly was in no mood for their back and forth. “That bitch. Is she trying to steal my position?” She muttered. Her head rubs, what belong to her by birthright, given to another so freely. Dolly felt robbed! Such an injustice shouldn’t exist in this world.

 

“Um...was that really the Princess?” Honey found the courage to ask. 

 

“Charlotte? Yes.”

 

His words shocked her to the core. The Princess! As expected, it was truly her. Honey thought back to her appearance and was almost in reverence. Such a pretty girl, with such a regal bearing! 

 

Then she recalled how the youth in front of her had played with the girl like one would a small kitten. Honey was both scared and in complete and utter awe.

 

“I thought those rumour about you were just made up lies...but you’re actually even more horrifying than they say.” She shuddered. Even Will, when she had watched him try to pick up girls before they started dating, had never been so forward. But this was a Princess! And Damien had played her like a fiddle! Her blushing face as his hand caressed her, Honey almost thought she would actually start purring. 

 

If she hadn’t run off, perhaps she might’ve. Maybe that’s why she did?

 

Honey gazed at Damien with abject fear. “How utterly terrifying.” She murmured. “And you two talked about an engagement. Does that mean your sister is supposed to marry Prince Alex?”

 

“No!” Dolly replied vehemently.

 

“Yeah.” Damien shrugged.

 

“Unfortunately so.” Vera sighed.

 

Honey was even more amazed. “And you were just flirting with your future sister-in-law. You really are pretty vile!” She exclaimed.

 

“Tsk.” Dolly grit her teeth. “Day was just being Day. He doesn’t mean it, his brotherly instincts are simply too well-developed.” She said the last part with a tiny bit of pride, as if to say, “I raised that boy.”

 

Vera nodded. “A scoundrel will be a scoundrel.” 

 

“Well, I have my reasons. That aside, you were saying something about seducing me?” Damien raised a brow.

 

Honey coughed. “I dare not. I don’t want to be strangled again. Also…” She feared him. His methods were too mighty. Such bold words paired with a face like that, it wasn’t healthy for her heart. She couldn’t even handle a rogue like Will. Wanting to seduce a guy like Damien? A pipe dream. She’d come here in anger, to start. And secondly, she didn’t realize how much of a playboy he actually was! 

 

“I feel you’re thinking something rude about me. Just so we’re clear, i’m still pure.” Damien told her, with not small amount of grievance in his heart.

 

“Young Master, you’re a virgin but don’t think that makes you any definition of the word pure. If it weren’t for me and Dolly, and sometimes your mother, you’d have sired untold numbers of heirs by now. Your attempt with the former wife of Lord Avery hasn’t been forgotten.”

 

Damien rolled his eyes. “You keep on bringing up old shit. When are you going to let it go? You already told Charlotte, now you’re leaking it to Honey? Exactly whose side are you on anyway?”

 

“Definitely not yours.” She said with not an ounce of hesitation. “You’re the future Marquis. You have a duty to not start a war of heirs with your callous dallainces with unknown women. Hence why I must keep an eye on you.”

 

“Whatever. Don’t you have something to do?”

 

“As a matter of fact, I do.” She agreed and bowed. “Take care, Young Master.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Get out of here already.” He spoke in annoyance. When she left Damien turned once more to Honey. His eyes roamed along her body with a slow, measured gaze. She felt the tips of her breast grow erect under his scrutiny. 

 

“....What?” She asked, taking a sip from one of the cups on the table. It was to hide her growing embarrassment.

 

Damien’s lips quirked upwards. He placed his hands on Dolly’s ears so she wouldn’t hear and said, “ I was just imagining you without your clothes on.”

 

She nearly choked on her drink. “What?!” She squeaked out after a fit of coughs.

 

“Hmm? What’re you guys talking about? Why’s she coughing like that? It’s suspicious. Day, let me hear!”

 

They ignored her.

 

Damien was laughing. “Look at you. You got thrown off so easy. And you thought you could just come here and seduce me? We both might be virgins, but don’t think I’d fall so easy.”

 

She stiffened. “I’m not a virgin. I’ll have you know I’ve seduced many guys before.” 

 

A snort. “ When I can make your nipples hard with just a look?” His mocking smile set her face aflame. He shook his head. “You’re a virgin. That’s probably why Will cheated. He was never a patient guy.  What, did you want to save yourself for marriage?”

 

Honey was too ashamed to look at him. She could only look down and nod. 

 

“Poor thing.” Damien’s voice took on a gentle tone. “There’s nothing wrong with that. You don’t have to give in and have sex just to save a relationship.” 

 

“I know that!” She snapped. Then went quiet. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to yell.” 

 

“It’s alright. I get it. You know, Will came to me for advice the other day.”

 

“He what?” Honey raised her head. “What did you tell him?”

 

“Eh, just some nonsense. He was planning to just tell you sorry and beg your forgiveness when he left. It looks like he chickened out and just said what I told him to do, though. I really didn’t think anyone would be that dumb. Will really is exceptional.”

 

“So those dumb things he said were from you!” Rage filled her, which was then quickly snuffed out. “...No, I can’t blame you for that. You were just messing around with him. He’s the one who chose to tell me those idiotic things instead of apologizing. That bastard.” Frustrated tears build along her eyes. “He lied to me so blatantly. I wouldn’t have forgiven him either way, but at least I wouldn’t have felt as miserable if he’d been sincere. Telling me lies that were so...so stupid. I felt like he thought I was some gullible idiot. Like he was insulting me. I couldn’t believe I was dating someone who thought so little of me. Maybe I deserve to be treated like a fool if that’s the kind of guy I chose.”

 

.Damien saw her tear-stained face and got annoyed. He raised a hand off of one of Dolly’s ears to chop the girl on the head.

 

Dolly, now free, dashed away so she wouldn’t be made deaf again. 

 

Again, she was ignored. 

 

Meanwhile Honey let out a small yelp and cradled her head. She looked up at Damien like a hurt puppy, afraid and confused over his violent actions. 

 

Damien pursed his lips. “Don’t give me that look. Listen, kid, the only way you’d be a fool is if you actually start to believe that nonsense. Will couldn’t control his cock, like some rank amateur. That’s not your fault. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. People make mistakes, it’s not the end of the world. You’re a pretty cute kid yourself, eh? You’ll find someone else soon enough. Don’t start lowering your self-esteem just because one cunt acted like a cunt. You want revenge? Be happy without him. That should be pretty easy, too, considering Will is one seriously unhappy son of a bitch. Otherwise he wouldn’t try burying his sorrows in booze and women.”

 

Booze, women and drugs are supposed to be recreational activities. For fun. All these depressed assholes are misusing them. Trying to run from their problems instead of simply enjoying the high and the sex. Damien loathed such people.

 

You get one, maybe two good benders in your life where you’re allowed to wallow in a week or so of self-destruction. But that’s it. Abusing booze, women and drugs and you’re scum. Again, they’re meant to be enjoyed! Not taken advantage of, alright?

 

Honey wiped her nose with the back of her sleeve. “Thank you.” She smiled a bit. “I...well. That did make me feel better. You’re right, I shouldn’t waste my time crying over some asshole who doesn’t really care about me.”

 

Damien nodded and gave her a pat on the shoulder. “Atta girl. So, what’re you going to do?”

 

Honey looked a tad lost for a moment. Finally, she said, “I guess...I’ll break up with him. I’ll let him know we’re over, clearly and firmly. After that, I’m not sure.” She shook herself. “Maybe I’ll quite the dating scene for a while. Straighten my head out. I think you’re right. I should be with someone who actually respects and cares about me.” She spoke wistfully. Then sobered. “But I’ll think about that later. Anyway, thanks again. Your words really helped.” The girl looked up at him and offered a tiny smile. “You know, you might have a glib tongue sometimes, I now know, but I was right too. You’re an older brother through and through.” Her laugh was like the sweet clinging of bells.

 

Dolly heard this and pounced on Damien, her little arms and legs holding onto him as she glared at the other girl. “My brother!” She hissed. What was worse than trying to seduce him? Trying to take her place! Dolly was his only sister….anyone who coveted her position was an enemy amongst enemies. A nemesis! 

 

Damien indulged Dolly and idly rubbed her head to calm her. Dolly’s hackles slowly lowered. 

 

...This is her happy place. 

 

“I’m flattered, I guess?” He didn’t need such young girls thinking of him in weird ways, so her saying that was a relief. He wanted older girls to think of him as sex on a stick, though. He really wanted to get older quick so that he could turn on the charm in full and find himself a wife. Women were already a bit weak to his face. When he matured more he’d be able to seal the deal much faster. Maybe he’d even move out so Dolly, Vee and his mother wouldn’t be able to get in his way.

 

Mary’s cool, indifferent eyes came to his mind unbidden. 

 

...Was Damien a motherfucker? Well, if nothing else that was certainly a goal! 

 

If he did move out, he’d have to ask father if he could take her with him. He’d coax her little by little. A few sweet words, a touch here or there. A lingering gaze or two…..

 

The man would probably be happy to be rid of her sharp tongue. The fool. 

 

“Alright, well...I’ll see you around.” Honey fixed her clothing, which had become a tad untidy during Dolly’s attack, and waved farewell.

 

“Good luck.” He nodded at her.

 

She said nothing. Her only response was a smile. Damien saw her out and thought nothing more of the matter

 

***

Two days later Damien was comforting a depressed Will. They and Dolly walked down a familiar street until they hit a certain bakery near the city square. 

 

“Buck up, man. We’re getting you a sugar high. Come on, you love these things.” Damien held onto the boy’s slumped shoulders as he let him into the shop.

 

“Just let me wallow in my own regret.” Will slurred, clearly drunk. “Not even a thousand Delights can fill the hole my Honey left in me.”

 

“They’re a good first step, if nothing else. Come on, balls of deep fried doughnut rolled in cinnamon and filled with cream. Heaven on earth!” Damien stated enthusiastically. Dolly was already salivating.

 

“Heaven…” His voice cracked. “Oh gods. It sounds just like Honey!” He broke off into choked sobs.

 

“Fucking how?!” Damien asked in exasperation.

 

They took a booth near a window and Damien took some napkins so the boy could blow his nose and dry his tears. 

 

He noticed a waitress coming towards them out of the corner of his eye. “3 twelve packs, miss.”

 

“Coming right up.” A pretty, bell-like voice, very familiar, replied. Will froze. Dolly hissed. Damien blinked. 

 

“Honey?” He couldn’t believe his eyes. Fuck, he came here to cheer the sorry son of a bitch up, and the source of his sorrow was right here? Talk about shit luck. “What’re you doing here?”

 

“I work here now. See?” She pointed to her uniform and name tag. 

 

“I do. But…” She knew this was one of their spots. Honey never came to this part of the city. She said the Cinnabons were too addicting and wouldn’t be good for her figure or some such girl nonsense. She avoided them like the plague. “I mean. This is our spot.” He reminded her quietly.

 

She nodded. “I know.” As expected.

 

“Oh. Well. Okay?” He didn’t say anything more about it. He looked at will, who appeared as if he’d seen a ghost. He gazed at Honey with all the longing of a lost puppy. 

 

“Honey, you…” He trailed off.

 

She ignored him. “3 twelves, right? I’m on it.” She smiled brightly and walked off.

 

A few minutes later and she came back with their order. 

 

Dolly’s order was normal, nothing wrong there. As for Will, he got three. And they looked like they’d been spat and stepped on, their cream oozing onto the plate.

 

Damien? ...He stared down at the small mountain of treats that had been given. They’d covered nearly the entire plate and reached almost two feet high.

 

“Enjoy.” Honey’s eyes didn’t leave his face for a moment. Damien took in her dilated pupils and flushed cheeks with horror. 

 

He turned his head back to Will, who quietly seethed as he noticed the difference between their orders. His mind worked faster than ever before as he connected the dots. He gnashed his teeth and roared at Damien in a rage.

 

“Homewrecker!”

 

….The fucking audacity of this bitch.

82