[Chap 1] Disbanded
2.5k 10 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those who soar high in the sky would eventually face a situation where they would be reduced to ashes if acted carelessly, leaving nothing behind.

April 23, 2189

Humans have successfully created a game which was also known as a Second Reality. Things changed, many people stopped spending time in real life and spent their time playing games, earning more money a man could possibly earn with regular jobs. This game changed the structure of the society.

Human population count is currently over 20 billion, almost over 10 billion played this Virtual game. The lifespans of people increased, pushing from average 60 - 70 to 85 - 95.

'Dryaid Reign ' The game which was released 10 years ago.

"And here I am, even after 10 years the game has been released." The thin man sighed to himself as he looked at the Game cabin he had.

"Once I stood at the apex of the game, leading an Invincible guild made from Scratch. Just due to a single misclick, all gone." 

………………

Dryaid Reign, God's Territory: Innermost Region

"Finally, So close in finishing the quest, with this, The Tyrannical Dominators will definitely rule on the continent of Dryraid" The man who spoke to a female assassin was covered in sparkly equipments. Even the least ranked were epic rank. 

"Well then, what's left?" The female assassin inquired softly, expressing a somewhat-ecstatic look on her face. 

The man didn't bother replying to her instead he took out a large crimson-colored crystal and a rainbow-colored crystal. The rainbow-colored crystal was an integration of 7 fragments.

"The Seven God Fragments!" The assassin immediately exclaimed after seeing the item in the man's hand.

Both the crimson-colored crysta and The Seven God Crystal, emitted a powerful aura which were opposite in nature.

[The Seven God Crystal] (Divine Artifact)

    

 Item description: A Crystal formed by

 Fragments of the seven crystals of the

 Seven gods. The wielder of this crystal would be targeted by the Evil-God Palace. Players affiliated to Evil-God palace will be able to detect the owner of this crystal in 500*500 yards

Passive Skill: If there is any evil energy lingering in 150*150 yards of this crystal, it would be instantly purified by the crystal

Dropped on Death

…..

[Evil-God Crystal] (Pseudo-Divine Artifact)

Item description: Formed after consuming thousand years worth of blood of Evil-God. Owner is targeted by the Dryraid Temple.

Passive Skill: If there is a lingering Holy energy in 100*100 yards, it will instantly devour the energy and convert it into Evil Energy.

Dropped on death 

The Swordsman and the Assassin kept advancing until they reached a dead-end.

They were shocked to see the amount of statues on the wall. It was very common in Dryaid Reign to see so many statues at once but considering the quest they were on, this was a huge knockback they got.

[Quest: The Superior One] (Legendary Rank)

Quest Information: It has been a long time, since the Evil-God Palace and the God Temple have fought each other, it is now time to end it. The chosen one is supposed to place the Evil God Crystal and Seven God Crystal on the right statue's mouth. Once kept, the barrier between the two will be removed and they will enter in a full-fledged fight which will determine the Destiny of the continent of Dryaid.

Rewards: ???

Penalty: ???

Their probability of getting it right was 1/18 which was as significant as negligible.

Without hesitation the swordsman kept the Evil-God Crystal in the mouth of the 5th statue, the mouth closed on its own and nothing else happened which meant the first positioning was successful.

Now they were left with the Seven God Crystal. Cold Sweat dripped off from his face as he frowned. Previously, while venturing into the Innermost regions of the Evil-God Palace, he remembered seeing a riddle which he solved and got an answer as five. But he didn't know what the answer was for so he noted it down. He only remembered it a few minutes ago. But as for the Seven God Crystal, he had Frankly no idea. The punishment of failing the quest was as severe as the bountiful rewards of successfully finishing the quest.

Time quickly flew by and they still had no clue. After hours of thinking the man finally recalled something. A riddle which he saw in God's Temple similar to the one he saw in Evil-God's Palace"

After hours of cracking, he got it as 35. He immediately rushed to the 35 as fast as he could not looking at which statue he clicked.

When he opened his eyes, thinking that he had finally completed the quest, his gaze shifted to the statue, he accidentally placed it in 34th's mouth instead of 35th's.

Immediately, three consecutive announcements were made in the game.

[Dryaid Continent Announcement System: Due to failing the Legendary Ranked Main Storyline quest by the members of The Tyrannical Dominators, Reducing guild popularity by 100,000, Guild reputation by 100,000. All members within the guild will have their levels reduced by 10. In addition to that, Members will experience 90% reduction in exp from hunting monsters, forging, alchemy.]

[God Temple Announcement System: Due to failing the Legendary Ranked Main Storyline quest by the members of The Tyrannical Dominators, deducting Humanity Reputation by 10,000 and God Temple reputation by 10,000. All members within the guild will have their levels reduced by 20. In addition to that, Members will experience 90% reduction in stats for 10 natural days.]

[World Announcement System: Due to failing the Legendary Ranked Main Storyline quest by the members of The Tyrannical Dominators, Every player in the game will receive a temporary 50% reduction in Exp from monsters.]

Everyone on the streets were dumbfounded. The announcement made them feel complex emotions inside them. They all were shocked and cursed The Tyrannical Dominators for such things. But the good news was, because of this incident, The other dominant powers were full of joy.

The guild had almost 2 billion members, which was not by any means a small number. It had a strong backing from various major corporations.

But now because of this incident, players started to leave the guild, within an hour, the guild had no less than 500 million members.

"The Tyrannical Dominators are truly done for this time."

"Guess this is the end for this legendary Super Guild"

"Finally that bastard got what he deserved!"

People were sad, sympathetic and ecstatic. Sad because such a legendary guild ended due to its leader who was basically Tyrant of the entire continent. Sympathetic because all the guild members suffered a major loss which would take months to recover. Ecstatic because now that the guild fell down from its apex to a seriously weakened condition, the areas under their control will be sooner or later abandoned due to heavy charges and other Super Guilds could monopolize it. If these Ecstatic players were to hear the Penalty, The Guild leader, Tyrannical Ruler received, they might as well abuse him and never let him grow.

…….

"....." The swordsman was rendered speechless. The female Assassin was reading the announcement Notification and her eyes widened.

Meanwhile, another two notifications came to the Swordsman from the System.

[System: Due to failing the Legendary Ranked Main Storyline Quest, Player will be heavily penalized. Evil-God Palace and the God Temples will hunt you down on sight. If killed by them, the drop rate of items from the player will be increased by ten times. On top of that, Drop rates of equipment will be increased by two times for one year.]

[God's Temple System Notification: Adventurer has failed in an important quest which determines the destiny of the continent. Reputation with god temple -10000, 95% of the merits will be deducted from all temples, Deducting 100 levels from your account. A permanent loss of 10000 Life Force, A permanent loss of 10000 Mana. Demotion from Tier 6 to Tier 3]

[Evil-God Palace System Notification: Garbage, we lent you the Evil-God Crystal to bring peace to the continent yet you failed this important mission. Reputation with Evil-God Palace -10000, 95% of merits will be deducted, deducting 100 levels from your account. A permanent loss of 20000 life force, A permanent loss of 20000 Mana, Deduction from Tier 3 to Tier 0]

"What the…." The man thought to himself before noticing his levels going down.

280..

243..

210..

195..

148..

93..

69..

60..

He had returned to Level 60 in the blink of an eye and Tier 0.

Immediately all his equipped items got unequipped. He checked his stats.

[Name: Tyrannical Ruler (Race: human)

Level: 60

Main Class: Swordsman

Sub Class: Forger, Merchant, Craftsman, Sculptor, ??? (Not Available with current level), ??? (Not available with current bylevel), Tamer, Beastmaster, Contractor, ??? (Not available with current level).

ASPD*: 5391

CSPD*: 6238

Attack: 8912

Movement: 1937

Mana: 9163

Stats:

Strength: 3200 (+)

Intelligence: 2837 (+)

Agility: 2936 (+)

Dexterity: 2093 (+)

Luck: 5 (Restricted)

Title: The Divine One (163+)

Title Info: ??? (Information Not available)

Guild: Tyrannical Dominators

Position: Guild Master]

After reading his stats he gasped, not being able to breathe. Ten years of work just went Useless. The female Assassin just stood there Silently, speechless.

"Guild leader…." She said softly. The girl's name was White Phoenix, She was the Dryaid Continent's top rank assassin. Yes, "was" because of the recent twenty level reduction she fell back in stats by a lot.

After giving it some thought, the swordsman didn't react to her instead he called his guild management status bar and clicked "Disband Guild"

[Are you sure you want to Disband your guild?

(Note: This action is irreversible)

(Accept) ------- (Decline) ]

The man hesitantly clicked yes as he teared up a bit due to his decision.

Almost 500 million instantly got notified that their guild was disbanded. This news spread like hot tfire in a forest on the official forums.

……

Super Guild Tyrannical Dominators Disbanded!! #1

Tyrannical Ruler failed Legendary Ranked Main Storyline Quest?! Video leaks #2

Tyrannical Dominators, live updates and current news. #3

……

He suddenly got bombarded with thousands of messages. Some were enemies he made in the past who were mocking him by messaging. Others were allies who either wanted to cut ties with them or allies who consoled him. He swore to remember the allies who wanted to cut ties and destroy them if he could in the future. With a grim look on his face he looked at White Phoenix. "You are dismissed, the guild is no more" 

He logged out after saying that to her. Sure enough he got a lot of calls from the various global corporations who had invested heavily on the guild. They were cursing him for disbanding the guild. He didn't regret his decision, he made it from scratch and couldn't just hand the management of it  to the major corporations.

He sighed before silently turning off the lights and sleeping on his comfortable bed for one last time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ASPD: Attack Speed (Responsible for how fast your attacks are in a game)

CSPD: Cast Speed (Responsible for how fast your magic casting speed is in a game)

Hey there reader. I am aware that my writing standard is quite average, or might even be below average. But I hope you enjoyed the novel I am working on ^^ Thanks for reading my work. I would also appreciate if you could point some mistakes in words if there is any. Would really appreciate it :)

45