[Chap 8] Making Allies
1k 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's see what we get" Sera faintly grinned before opening the Strange-Iron chest.

The chest illuminated brightly. Visible to everyone. Suddenly, realisation dawned on Sera. Chests when opened had a 'steal' period of 1 hour. If within an hour someone killed her, she would lose her items. After realising her current situation, she quickly grabbed the chest and moved into a narrow alleyway. The chest finally opened. It had 4 items in it.

"4 items, not bad"

[Might of One] (Mysterious-Silver) (One handed Sword)

Category: Weapon 

Attack Speed: +27

Strength: +7

Agility: +9

Endurance +7

Durability: 30/30

Class Restriction: Swordsman, Berserker.

Sera wasn't hoping much from a weapon from Strange-iron chest. But the weapon she got was a decent weapon. She now had 50 coppers with her. She was practically one of the richest individual players out there. She then equipped the sword she got and checked the other three items.

One of the items was a tier 1 Instantaneous movement scroll. 

A tier 1 scroll!

It was safe to assume that nobody currently had a tier 1 scroll. A tier 1 made it possible to teleport 60 yards of distance at once. A tier 0 scroll was only able to teleport a distance of 10 yards. Tier 1 will become nothing as time will pass.

"Huh, isn't this…?" Sera said after inspecting the third item.

An Ornament with stats!

These were rare, no matter how much time passed, coming past one was difficult. An Ornament didn't have a level Limit to it. Very few had and those were rare conditions.

[Shaman's Ring] (Bronze)

Category: Ornament

Cast Speed: +200

Attack Speed +100

Magic Boost: +6%

Absolute Accuracy: -1%

Sera slightly frowned, looking at the attributes of the ring. Although the first four attributes were amazing, The last negative attribute was something she couldn't afford currently.

Absolute Accuracy was a hidden stat, although not hidden people were not aware of it at the starting. 1000 stats in Dexterity meant 1% absolute Accuracy.

Absolute Accuracy has that percentage of triggering, this meant even if someone used a barricade or something to stop the hit, the attack will hit regardless of other factors. Like absolute Accuracy, Absolute Dodge was a Concept as well, 1000 Agility Stat meant 1% absolute Dodge. It's the counter of Absolute Accuracy, while Absolute Accuracy helps in attacking, Absolute Dodging helps in evading. Although on the surface it seemed 1% chance of triggering, It was even less 0.1% in reality.

From default, Absolute Accuracy is 0% for all players. But if a negative attribute is taken, here -1% absolute Accuracy, The attack has a 1% chance of missing it's target, regardless if the attack hit the target or not. Again, it's 1% only on the surface, but the risk was quite heavy.

If her Health was somewhere around hundred thousands, maybe she could have taken the risk. "Tch, Whatever. I will take the risk. I can't be that unlucky right?"

She then put the small silver ring on her ring finger.

She then looked at her free attributes. Currently she has Seven. Five from the quest, Two from leveling. Every level up gave 2 free attributes.

Without hesitation she called her player menu and Put the 5 points to agility and 2 to strength. Most people invested all the points in strength, but after some weeks of release, the players got to know that agility was the best stat to go for, due to which many people restarted all over just to redistribute their stats.

"Now, the fourth item." She said as she inspected the fourth item. "hmm? what's this?" She questioned herself seeing the big rod. 

[Doom Crystal] (Bronze)

Category: Unknown

"huh? An unknown item? That's new. I will hold onto it, just in case."

"Time for the Racecourse then" She thought to herself. "But before that…"

She quickly called her interface and switched off the glowing effect of equipment to avoid the attention of others. She then headed to the racecourse which was only a few minutes away. It had been roughly 2 hours since she had logged in. It was currently afternoon in the real word but morning in Dryaid Reign. As she moved along the crowd, people noticed her due to her gorgeous and elegant looks. White, long fluffy hair, a pair of citrine eyes with an excellent skin.

"Who's that girl? She is freaking beautiful!"

"Hmm? I smell puppy love from you!"

"Bullshit, Anyone would be mesmerized seeing a beautiful girl"

Two men talked, Sera just glanced at them and simply smiled.

"hmph, what's so great about her?" A woman said who overheard their conversation.

Ignoring their conversation, Sera moved on. "I suppose being too beautiful is a Sin too"

She finally arrived in front of the race course.

"GOD DAMNIT! I was So close!" A person squeaked after respawning. This actually scared Sera a bit because it was too sudden. "You guys have more coins?" The man wearing a hood asked the other people who were also wearing a hood.

"No Vice leader, We already gave you what we had"

"Shit, I just needed one more attempt, I would definitely make it this time!"

His gaze suddenly landed on Sera, He then approached her.

"Sister, do you happen to have 10 copper coins?"

"I do have them, but why are you asking me? I am sure there are many people around here." Sera asked, just to tease him. She knew why he had asked her. The other people around them all belonged to a guild.

"That's because other people around are wearing a guild emblem, while you're not." The man replied in a composed manner.

"I am Raging Wind, Vice Leader of Stabbing Alliance. A second-rate guild."

When Sera heard his name she was quite shocked. Stabbing Alliance was one of the allies of Tyrannical Dominators who had helped it when it had some internal strife going on. As far as he knew, Raging Wind was a guy true of his words. Never did he back away from what he claimed.

"I see, Then when will you return the funds to me?" 

"I will give you a 100% interest by two days, that is 20 copper coins"

Sera smiled faintly before trading the 10 copper coins.

"We won't sign a contract?" Raging Wind asked with a confused expression. Normally players signed a contract which was to be followed under the System's Supervision to avoid being cheated.

Sera simply nodded to the question, "I believe that a Second-rate guild wouldn't cheat me" She said while chuckling to him.

"I see, then let's add each other as friends" 

He then sent a friend request to her.

"Thoughtful Snow, huh?" 

Sera then left the place and headed towards a counter.

"What's your business with me?"

A goblin with glasses asked Sera who was sitting on the Counter's chair.

"Bronze Racecourse. I wish to challenge it" Sera said as she placed 20 coppers in front of the table. 

"Alright, go in from there"

Sera followed the way he asked her to go which led to the Racecourse's starting point.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, We have a new challenger among us"

There were 4 racecourses, all publicly visible.

"huh? That girl is participating in the racecourse." One of the hooded men informed Raging Wind.

Raging Wind didn't reply but looked at the racecourse in which Sera was.

Skills were not usable in the racecourse. The goblin warrior at the end of the racecourse will shoot bullets. The race course was 100 yards with milestones. These milestones made the pattern of gunshots changed. The gunshots had a trajectory which could be seen and dodged. The first 15 yards is smooth, The pattern remains the same. The head, leg and arms are targeted with a 0.8 second delay on each bullet. It only got crazy once they had crossed the 15 yard mark. After the 15 yard mark, the 3 bullets are aimed simultaneously at head, both arms, both legs and one random shot with a delay of 0.6 seconds. Once someone crosses the 45 yard mark, the firing becomes totally random. The 75 yard mark was the last milestone where the goblin warrior used a dirty trick. Random shooting with three 5 bullets when the player reaches the 90 yard mark. Here, the time between the trajectories forming and the shot connecting is almost 0.5 seconds. One had to know this in advance to even react to these shots.

Sera then started running. The Goblin warrior shot the bullets. She dodged them with ease.

"Leader, she is good," one of the hooded men commented.

"Don't comment so fast, the starting 15 yards is nothing"

Very quickly, Sera had made it to the 15 yard, the pattern changed. Sera Dodged the bullets aimed for her head and legs. For the bullets aiming her arm, she drew her sword and blocked those bullets. It was not long she was at the 45 yard mark.

"woah, she is at the 45 yard mark!" The man exclaimed.

"She can make it to the 75 yard mark I suppose." Raging Wind said, still intently looking towards the Racecourse.

The moment Sera crossed the 45 yard mark, the firing became totally random. She grinned, before the bullets could hit her, she vanished.

"what?! Leader, she vanished!"

"You know, I can see that." 

Only clashing sounds of metal could be heard. This was a footwork technique which she could use only inside the game. Ghost steps, this was a simplified version of a much more complex move but due to her weak body constitution, she couldn't use complex techniques. 

Ghost steps actually played no role in dodging the bullets whatsoever. It just removes the presence of the user partially. Due to this, they couldn't see her while what she did was pierce through the bullets with her sword. It was what Shoku grasped after years of Swordsmanship Practice. In-game, as well in real life. He called this ability of his 'Perfect Perception'. By heightening his senses, he would become sensitive to each and every movement in his surroundings. Unfortunately, the ability could be demonstrated only about 5% with Sera's body. As Shoku had trained his body for the ability, whereas Sera's body only knew the principles of the technique. 

The actual technique used the user's all senses whereas Sera currently depended on her Vision. Even without Perfect Perception, one could pass the racecourse but they will need a bit of extra effort. 

Very soon, she was at the 75 yard marks. It didn't take long before she reached the 90 yard mark.

The goblin warrior shot the five shots, Unfortunately due to perfect perfection all shots were blocked. She then appeared at the 100 yard mark.

"when did she…" 

This all happened within a time span of 23 seconds.

[System: Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Bronze Racecourse. Rewarding 60 copper coins, EXP 1000, +10 Blue Moon Town Reputation Points.]

[System: Congratulations! You are the First player who successfully completed the Bronze racecourse. Rewarding +20 Blue Moon Town reputation and 40 copper coins]

The series of notifications made Sera Joyful, Not only she got 30 reputation points but also she got 1 silver coin in total. 

"That was an expert…" Raging Wind mumbled softly with an overjoyed look on his face. He was overjoyed because unintentionally, he made an Expert as his friend. A Guild needed connections with strong players, the stronger the player, the better. 

As soon as Sera got out she left the Racecourse immediately. Heading out to another place. 

…………….

How does the forum work?

There is a different in-game forum for different regions. For example, Blue Moon Town has a separate Forum. The Franius Kingdom has a Separate Forum. The other towns and cities within the kingdom have separate forums. Other kingdoms and empires within the game have their own separate forums.

32