[Chap 10] Astral Core Fitness Center
1k 7 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cha Ching. Double Update today, because, why not?


After arranging all the items, Sera sought out a safe spot before logging out from the game. She needed to improve her body. After she logged out, her consciousness began to fade again and it was all dark around. She extended her hand and removed the Virtual Helmet mounted on her head. " Good old days" Sera muttered as she looked at the virtual helmet. She then got up from the bed and changed her clothes. 

She opened her fridge and took out the A-rank Nutrient fluid. She then opened the cap and sipped it. Drinking one-fourth of the liquid and keeping it back in the fridge. "uwah, That taste after a game session, I missed it"

Sera now had to improve her body constitution. Without improving it, her body wouldn't be able to cope up with the techniques which shoku had learnt.

"Time to join a fitness center to maintain my body!" 

Shoku had learned how to utilise his internal force. If Sera's constitution improved, she too could use the Internal Force. There are three forces people can combine to cross their 'limit'. Everything has a limit, one can only exceed it by special means. External or Physical force has a limit. Internal force has its own limits. If both are combined, you get what you call, 'beyond limit'. The moment you combine these two forces you breach through the limit. It needs years of practice to master these both strengths. The actual problem wasn't learning the fundamentals of using internal strength, The hard part was to actually 'feel" the internal force within you, People called it chi or ki which means Energy. If one managed to use their Internal strength once, they could get a firm grasp on their internal strength, the sad part was to exhibit this internal strength, people take years of practice to get the 'feeling' and thus Internal masters are usually old geezers. External strength was something all individuals could exhibit, they just needed to train it to the finest. The good thing was Shoku had already firmly grasped the so-called 'feeling' but the body of every individual has a different limit to them. If one tried to exhibit Internal Force and their body wasn't suitable for it, they would end up crippled.

There are people who have spent years refining their internal strength, understanding the principles of usage, compatibility of the amount of internal strength to body depending on the constitution and thus rightfully earning the title of 'teacher' who can act as a catalyst to other people's internal strength awakening by guiding them. However the success rate was only 10%.

Meaning, if a teacher taught 100 students at a time, only 10 or so would successfully learn to use their Internal Strength.

First there were hard-workers, and well then there were prodigies. Shoku had spent five years learning Internal Strength, and by that time he was 29 on the other hand Rongi, who was a prodigy had learnt using her Internal strength with a mere 1 year of practice at the age of 23. She was currently 22, Shoku was 22 as well. Shoku and Rongi met each after 1 year of Dryaid Reign's official release by accident.

The third force was mental force. Mental force was not exactly a force, it is what people call 'Aura'. This was a force that people couldn't learn, it was something which was inborn.

Aura is often used to intimidate people. The stronger the Aura, the better. If someone masters The concept of Aura, they can make ordinary people and martial arts collapse just with their Mental Oppression. Aura wasn't only a game concept, and it was much harder to exhibit an Aura than the External and Internal Force.

The Interesting part of Aura was that even Kids could exhibit Aura.

Suddenly, Sera realised something.

"Membership… money…" She whispered as she got frustrated. She totally forgot about it. To use the best equipment and facilities available in a Training Center, one needed to have a higher membership card. Depending on the membership card, members could get a vast amount of benefits.

"uh.. seems like I need to contact my mother?" Sera said with a frown on her face. She wanted to live an independent life and it was only the second day and she needed to contact her mother. 

She took out her phone and dialled to her mom, contact was saved as 'Sweet Mom' 

Mother: Hello Sweetie

Sera: Hey mom, how are you?

Mother: Oh my, My child has grown up. I am fine. How about you?

Sera: I am fine as well, Can I ask for a favor?

Mother: Sure ask away.

Sera: I want to join a Fitness Center to maintain my body!

Mother: Ara, My daughter cares about her body. Alright, Just go to Astral Core Fitness Center and say your name. The rest will be done by him. Say, you want to meet with 'Alfred'.

Sera was a bit confused but didn't bother asking why.

Sera: Okay mom, thanks and love you!

Mother: Love you too sweetie!

Hangs up

Tut, Tut….

"Astral Core, now that's…. a bit too..."

Astral Core is one of the best fitness centres available in the city. "Now I am just more curious about this girl. What's her identity?"

"Whatever, let's just go there."

She then left her apartment and headed towards Astral Core. Astral core was not very close but not very far as well from the Green Sky Building so she could walk and get there by a few minutes. As she walked she noticed the scenery around the city, it was a bit too clean. This was only because she lived in a different part of the city. Time may have passed but even in 2179 Humanity couldn't deal with Poverty. Advancements need funds, As more funds were used, the investors, the rich got richer and the gap between them and the poor kept on increasing.

She walked in regular clothes but Sera still looked like a goddess. Her hair was already unique and her eyes were unique too. Her hair wasn't exactly white, it was silvery white.

After a few minutes of walking she had finally arrived at the Astral Core Fitness Centre. She entered the large, beautifully decorated building.

"Thank you for coming here, how may I help you?"

A young guy asked, looking at her.

"I want to meet Alfred" Sera said as her mom had instructed her.

After a moment of silence, the man replied, "Wait here for a bit, Miss."

Sera did as the man instructed, there was a sitting spot made at the entrance which had a comfortable sofa. She sat and picked up a magazine from the small stand where a bunch of magazines were kept.

She flipped through the pages and one of the pages caught her attention. It was an advertisement of Dryaid Reign. There was also a small article beside the image.

"Dryaid Reign, The first full dive VR game in the market. Freelake Zone has invested over $30 billion on the game recently, becoming one of the major investors of the game."

"So it happened, well this is just the beginning. 30 billion is nothing, later companies will offer even more astronomical prices in the future."

The major companies were reluctant at the start. Everyone knew that Freelake Zone mastered venture capital investment. So even though Freelake Zone did invest on Dryaid Reign, other companies wouldn't dare take the risk.

"So, are you the one who wanted to meet me?" A male voice asked Sera while she read the magazine.

"Yes, it is me. I am Sera Wilhortz."

The moment Sera introduced her, the man sucked a cold deep breath. 

"I..- I see! Wait here for a bit!" Alfred rushed in. This confused Sera. Shoku had seen a lot of people terrified of him in the past and thus he knew Alfred was afraid of Sera. 

"Here is your membership card, the Gold card. It gives you a premium membership. Our fitness centre is open 24/7."

"If I remember, Diamond card was the best card available for Astral Core."  He Hadn't come here much but he did see a person with a diamond card before when he visited Astra Core.

Sera didn't complain, she just accepted the card. "Thank you, Alfred."

"May I know where the punch test is?" Sera asked in a some-what cute voice.

"Y-yeah, follow me." Alfred then led her inside, where a punch bag resided. It had a measuring device attached to it. It was a punch-weight test. A normal person's punch would weigh around 100 - 150 kg as of now. 

"Well then, let's see how well this weak body performs."

She then charged a punch and thrust it on the punching bag.

A 278 measure came out. She then took a deep breath and punched harder this time. 327 came as the measure.

This surprised Alfred a bit. He didn't think Sera was capable of getting a score of 327 Kg but it was unfortunate. The best score was 526 Kg by a man which was made two years ago. Even if one achieved 400+ Kg, it was a very impressive score.

"Sad, I could have gone above 500 if I used Internal Force."

"Alfred, what's the current best?" Sera asked in a cold tone. Her voice felt as if it was devoid of life.

"Huh? It's 526 Kg" Alfred replied, flustered.

"I see, Do you have an Extra S rank Bottle?"

"Extra? I have around 50 bottles, why do you-"

Before he could complete his sentence, Sera overridden his sentence and asked, "Can you give me one?"

Alfred was rather angry at his sentence being overridden but for some reason he didn't dare talk back to her. Instead he just agreed on her question.

This was Aura which Sera had exhibited. An Intimidating Aura which made people fear of you and thus wouldn't be able to talk back to you. Of course it didn't work on everyone, those will a strong will and heart won't be intimidated by Sera's small exhibition of Aura. 

"That's nice." She said, suddenly filled with cuteness.

Sera finally got her hands on S rank Nutrients Fluid, with this she can improve her body constitution greatly.

"Then I will take it before I leave the Fitness Centre!"

She then headed inside the training centre. Lots of Equipment were kept there. Treadmill, Dumbbells, Cycle, Yoga mats, Skipping ropes.

"Oh, hi. You also have a membership here too?" A male voice asked Sera. 

"Are you kidding me? This guy comes here too?"

The man with red hair was Hiirochi, she suddenly remembered that he had asked her to meet him after College that day.

"Ahh, Hi. Hiirochi was it? Sorry I was busy that day and forgot to inform you" Sera said, acting clumsy.

"That's fine, since you're here, Let's have that unfinished discussion here while exercising." Hiirochi suggested as he used the Exercycle.

"Fine by me" Sera said as she approached the treadmill, adjusting it so that it starts at two and gradually increases the slant and the speed as time goes by. She also set the time to be for thirty minutes. She then started walking on the treadmill.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Sera didn't mind talking to Hiirochi, it was quite boring to exercise alone anyway.

"How did you know I am Dream Raider?" The man asked without wasting any time.

"Damn, Straight to point" Sera thought in her mind.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I do admire Dream Raider. Say, is what you said true? Are you the real Dream Raider?!" She acted clumsy but Hiirochi instantly figured it out.

"Cut the act, tell me how did you know it was me" He asked again, restating that she shouldn't play any tricks on him.

"What if I say, 'I just felt that you were "THE" Dream Raider' ?" Sera said, mocking him for his threat. 

Hiirochi couldn't help but sigh at her comment. He well understood what she meant by her answer.

Sera clearly indicated that even if Hiirochi wanted to know how, he wouldn't be able to know. 

"Guess I can't do anything about that." He sighed as he continued to pedal the Exercycle. 

"Do you fight?" Sera asked curiously.

"Ehh, I do." He replied confused by her intentions but suddenly remembered the moment of her introducing herself to the class. 

"Could she be…. suggesting to fight?" The man deduced as he lowered his head.

"Look at you, you already get my intention very clearly."

"On one condition, tell me how you got to know I am Dream Raider'" 

"Heh, your proposal would be only valid if we both agreed in a match, right?"

"Yeah, how else are you gonna fight me?"

"Think again Hiiro- no, Dream Raider."

As soon Sera finished she stopped her treadmill and approached Hiirochi. She dashed towards him and threw a kick at him.

"Killing intent! She is serious…" 

Having no other choice, he defended against her attack. His hands did feel the pain but it wasn't much.

"Her killing intent isn't that great…. but she does possess a bit of it."

"What do you want?"

"I did make myself clear. A match, it won't have any effect if you're not serious about it."

She then charged at him again, throwing a punch at him. Hiirochi evaded it and grasped her hands. Sera then lifted her left leg to land a solid hit on his chest but before she could land a hit, he released her and backed off.

"Damn, that hurts." Sera flinched as she noticed the red handprint on her arms. His grip was strong.

Clearly Hiirochi wasn't a match for Sera in terms of technique but In terms of Constitution, he had a much better body constitution than Sera.

"Let's stop that here then, I suppose." She said, flustering a bit.

Hiirochi then returned to his normal posture. "Tell me now how you got to know that I am Dream Raider."

"Adamant aren't you? what will you do after knowing the method of my knowledge gain?" Sera asked with a frustrated face. This guy was really annoying, he kept asking the same thing to her again and again.

"Anyway, it doesn't concern you." Hiirochi said, blushing a bit.

"Then listen" Sera closed in as she approached Hiirochi. 

"I am a person who came from the future and knows everything that's going to happen within the next ten years" She whispered in his ears.

"I always wanted to do that. Opportunity came by so I did it." Sera grinned. Shoku was a fan of this scene, a girl closing in and whispering in the man's ear.

"Pfft, hahahahaha." Hiirochi started laughing loudly.

"That's a good excuse. I suggest you read less Fantasy novels. Well anyway, it was nice talking to you. See you in College tomorrow then" Hiirochi then left with a faint smile on his face. 

Sera then checked the time. It was 11 pm, it had already been so late. She then went to the reception area. "Alfred, is the S rank fluid prepared?" she asked him in a gentle manner.

Alfred nodded. He then opened a small refrigerator and took out a bottle of Blue fluid. Sera's eyes shone on seeing the bottle. She quickly took it and rushed home.

28