[Chap 14] The Black Puppet
783 6 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofread By: Katofelbrai




"You do realise that it has been more than 6 hours now….?" Dream Raider said.

"Ahh, my bad. Let's see each other tomorrow then or today afternoon I mean." Sera said, with a pout on her face.

"All right then."

He then logged out from the game. Sera logged out too. It was roughly 2AM when she logged out.

She then proceeded to take a bath before falling asleep.

…………

After four hours.

Ring Ring, Ring Ring

It was already 6:13 AM and Sera's bell constantly screeched in her ears. "Ugh, I am tired. Today's jogging session is cancelled," She murmured before stopping the alarm.

Another hour passed by. The alarm started sounding again.

"Eh? Why am I so tired today?" she thought as she got up from the sound of the alarm. 

She quickly woke up and took a bath, changed her clothes and had two slices of toasted bread with an egg for breakfast. She then left for college.

Soon, she reached the entrance of her college. 

"Hello there, slept well?" a male voice asked Sera while she was yawning.

"No, not really." she replied instantly recognising the voice. It was Hiirochi's voice.

"I see, well don't sleep in the class at least," he said before entering the college. 

Time passed by again, lectures went by too. 

Maths Lecture.

"The hell is this question? Was the person high on something while making this question?" Sera cursed inwardly as she saw a complex problem in front of her.

"So, who is going to solve this question?" a young man in his thirties asked the class. His name was Blake. Apparently, the man did a PhD when he was 17 years old and became a professor when he was 21.

"You." the man said, pointing his finger towards Miya. Miya belonged to an influential family.

She got up, went towards the white board and started to solve the problem. The solution was extremely detailed.

Blake seemed to have been trying his best nit to laugh as he watched her solve the problem.

After she finished, Blake just gave in. He started laughing loudly. 

"Wow, I just can't believe you know how to solve this problem but still manage to mess up." He said.

Extending his hand to the second step, he said, "Your mistake was at the second step, where you took the value of 'x' wrong. You proceeded with the question flawlessly but still got all of it wrong just due to one small mistake at the start. That's why I laughed." 

"Then what should 'x' be?" Miya asked.

"Well you see, 'x' is a substitute for Sinθ while you took 'x' as Cosθ," he said as he chuckled.

"Ah.." she frowned. Immediately re-evaluating the question.

……. 

Few hours later.

Ding Dong, Ding Dong

The bell rang. "Well, now that college is over, let's head home." Sera thought in her mind. She shot a glance towards Hiirochi indicating him to meet in Dryaid Reign. He noticed her and got her intentions. She then quickly returned home and logged back in.

………….

She appeared inside the game. No one was around except for the monsters roaming around.

"Eh? He hasn't logged in yet?"

"Oh well, I will wait for him."

After a few minutes, Dream Raider logged in. "Ahh, sorry I was late," he said hurriedly.

 "It's alright, just follow me."

She then took him into yet another desolate area filled with fog. This area, however, had something about it. Something obnoxious. It was all dark around, no light, no noise. Only footsteps of them walking could be heard. 

"Are we in the correct location?" he asked with a concerned and skeptical tone.

Sera didn't reply, she just kept walking on and on. Soon, a notification popped up.

[You have discovered the Frivelmont Fortress!]

The fog then started to dissipate. A huge structure was revealed. It was the fortress. The fortress had a huge entrance door decorated with various jewels. Sera approached it and pushed a soft button. A loading time then appeared over it. 

Twenty Seconds...Nineteen...Eighteen

The ground started shaking and a silhouetted figure was summoned in front of them. Sera's movements were restricted as her hand was attached to the button. "You need to stop that thing for Eighteen seconds!" she yelled at Dream Raider.

"Eighteen seconds? That's fine I suppose." 

He then took a combat stance. The black silhouetted figure then disappeared.

"Your back!" Sera yelled.

Quickly listening to her, he guarded his back. Taking a heavy strike from the figure.

-89

Fourteen seconds now remained.

Sera kept telling him where the figure was. With her, he soon got familiarised with the pattern of attacking. 

Fourteen seconds were over and the silhouetted figure disappeared.

"Let's go," she said as she walked in through the door.

They then walked inside the huge fortress. The fortress had corridors which were about a Kilometre long. Sera then withdrew her weapons and advanced slowly. In a few minutes, they had travelled a bit of a distance yet they spotted no monsters. Usually an old abandoned fortress is supposed to be filled with a lot of monsters.

They then sped up their movements and rushed to the basement of the fortress. There could be two possible places where the Draconic Heart could be in. Either the basement or the top of the fortress. She went for the basement because she believed the basement would be a more viable option to store the Draconic Heart. When they arrived there, the black silhouetted figure was there, tempering with the Draconic Heart on a stand.

"Humans, you surprised me with your arrival. I had hoped that my clone was enough for you lowly Mortals," the silhouetted figure said in a cold voice.

Sera had not recognised the silhouetted figure in the first glance but at the second glance she could instantly recognise the figure. After identifying it, she handed a scroll to Dream Raider. "Use it instantly when I grab the golden heart-like thing over there," she directly texted him. It was a monster made from the fragments of the Evil God.

It was the Black Puppet!


Very Sorry For the short chapter!

30