14. Asking to Go Out
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jun looked at Xiao Ren’s expression carefully. Without him realizing it, he had adopted a much more respectful stance when he was facing Xiao Ren. There was fear deep within his heart when he saw what Xiao Ren was capable of.

However, the way Xiao Ren controlled it so splendidly also eased his mind a bit. At the very least, he knew that Xiao Ren had no intention to harm him.

“This… is there anything else you want to know?”

Xiao Ren used the brush and wrote another word.

Northern Border.

Jun’s eyes narrowed when he saw the words. He faintly shook his head. “This city is not that far from the northern border but there’s no news whatsoever. The war with the tribes at the border seem to cease lately too.”

That one, Xiao Ren knew. There were some tribes at the north border who often visited the kingdom when it was Winter. They were one of the few constants threat that threatened Zhou Kingdom. From the war that have been going on and on, they still couldn’t get decent victory against them.

What they valued and the fact that the two sides were of equal strength prolonged the battle.

Thanks to that, every Winter, there would be a lot of people who had to fight because there were a lot of people who come to the border.

Xiao Ren waved his hand, signally Jun to continue.

“There’s no specific news or anything like that,” Jun said helplessly. In fact, the northern border was at its most peaceful period recently to the point that he wondered whether they have any plan to attack or not. But since it was not Winter, he could partially understand that they didn’t really have any reason to attack.

Looking at the bamboo strip in his hand, there were so many more that Xiao Ren wanted to ask. Unfortunately, he was not sure how to put them into short words. Jun had said that he was literate, but he couldn’t read all words. His vocabulary was very limited.

“Is it enough?” Jun asked.

Xiao Ren nodded. For today, it was enough. He still needed more information but it was unlikely he would be able to get anything here.

Tapping the table, Xiao Ren attracted Jun’s attention again.

“Yes?”

Xiao Ren pointed outside.

“You want to get out?”

Xiao Ren nodded.­­

“This…” Jun wanted to tell Xiao Ren that it wouldn’t be easy to walk around in his condition. However, he felt that his words stuck in his throat when he saw how easy Xiao Ren walked around.

Even though he had trained himself in medicine and able to learn under Physician Hong for a long time, he was not capable to see instantly that Xiao Ren was still wounded. His movement didn’t look any different than any other normal people.

For Xiao Ren, this kind of simple movements were easy. Now that he had started to recover, he knew that it would take a short period of time before he recovered completely. Obviously, he wouldn’t want to quietly rest during this time because it was so boring.

Xiao Ren glanced at Jun as if asking for permission.

“You… fine, but you shouldn’t go alone. I’ll tell Physician Hong first.”

Xiao Ren nodded and cupped his hand as thanks. There were no words he could utter out, but Jun understood what he meant.

Sighing, Jun walked out of the quarter, wondering how he should tell his master about Xiao Ren’s decision to walk out even though he was wounded like that. If he ended up reopening his wounds again, it would take even longer to heal.

“Jun, what are you doing here?”

Jun glanced to the side and saw Dai walked while carrying a sack. It seemed that the latter was tasked to bring something to their Maser.

“I’m going to meet Master.”

“Oh, he’s still treating a patient inside.”

“Alright.”

Walking to the door, Jun waited calmly for their Master to come out. When he was treating patient, there were times when Physician Hong refused to meet with anyone. This time was categorized as that time, so Jun stayed idly outside the room.

After half an incense time (A/N: half an hour), Physician Hong walked out of the room while escorting a finely looking middle aged man. The man was followed by several servants behind him, so Jun tactfully retreat to the back. He could guess that the guest this time was someone of high status.

“Please remember to take your medicine in time,” Physician Hong said unhurriedly.

“It’s fine. I’ll be fine.”

“Commander, this is my advice as a doctor. If you don’t care for your health, it’s unknown how you’re going to last with your deteriorating health and poor habit.”

The man scoffed. It was at this time Jun finally managed to take a good look of the commander. The commander was not someone from this area but he wore good armors. Those kind of armors should be from the capital city.

“Don’t worry too much, I’ll be fine.”

Physician Hong sighed when he saw how the commander behaved. He knew that it wouldn’t take long before the commander come again because of problems. Well, hopefully, he wouldn’t be staying in this city for a long time because it would be very problematic.

Glancing to the side, Physician Hong lightly fixed his robe. “What is it, Jun?”

“Master, Mister Xiao wants to go out.”

“He wants to go out?” Physician Hong repeated slowly. His mind was thinking about Xiao Ren’s condition just a few days ago. If he had to say, he was against Xiao Ren going out of the residence and possibly got involved in something nasty. At the same time, he knew that it would be impossible to stop him.

After a while, Physician Hong answered. “if he wanted to leave, he can leave. But remind him to be careful.”

“Yes, Master.”

Physician Hong nodded and entered the house again. There were several patients he had to see today.

Jun slowly fixed his position before going to Xiao Ren’s quarter to tell him this piece of news.

0