15. Going Out in the City
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Xiao Ren heard the permission Jun told him, he prepared himself to leave and took a few bronze knives. They might come in handy if he wanted to buy something.

“However, please don’t leave by yourself,” Jun said helplessly. “The city is not as safe as a village and there might be some people who have ill intention towards someone like you.”

It was not that weird to see some people getting bullied here. In fact, for someone like Xiao Ren who couldn’t speak, there was high chance that they would ridicule him because of his disability.

Hearing that, Xiao Ren paused for a moment. He nodded and walked out of the door towards the garden. Ye Ning didn’t only like cooking but also gardening. Back in the village, she had spent most of her time to tend her vegetable garden when there was nothing else that she needed to do.

As he had expected, Xiao Ren spotted Ye Ning crouching near a beautiful white flower.

Knock!

Lightly rapping his fingers on the wooden wall, Xiao Ren successfully attracted Ye Ning’s attention. She turned her head around and looked at Xiao Ren with her large dark eyes as her mouth curved to form a beautiful smile.

“Xiao Ren!” Ye Ning called out. She waved her hand cheerfully. “You look much better than before. Have you recovered?”

Xiao Ren nodded.

“Really?”

Jun walked from the back and shook his head. “He’s not fully recovered yet, but he can do his activities normally. Miss Ye, would you please accompany Jun to walk around the city? He said that he wants to walk around.”

“That’s good as well. I want to walk around too!”

“Please be careful. If there’s anything bad, you have to quickly run away and return back. Do you understand?” Jun asked sternly. He didn’t want these two to be involved in something bad. It would be better for the two of them to stay careful and not do anything inappropriate.

“I know, don’t worry!” Ye Ning smiled. She was not a kid, ah. She knew how to take care of herself.

Jun smiled helplessly when he saw how excited Ye Ning was. From her reaction, he felt that she rarely roamed around because of some reasons. “In that case, I’ll excuse myself first. Please remember to be careful.”

“Yes, we understand,” Ye Ning replied once more. She watched as Jun returned to the main quarter before turning her head to Xiao Ren. “I feel that Jun is getting more respectful than before. Is it just my feeling?”

Xiao Ren didn’t know how to reply….

He knew for sure that the real reason why Jun changed his attitude was because of his killing intent before. The pressure that he gave might have terrified the poor pharmacist apprentice, making him become even more respectful.

But it was something Xiao Ren definitely couldn’t say.

“I’ll wash my hand first. Wait for me, Xiao Ren.”

Xiao Ren nodded and walked to the door. He could see several people passing by the streets. The city might not be that big, but there were still hundreds of people living in this city or even more. He didn’t count them either because there was no use to do such thing.

It didn’t take long for Ye Ning to wash her hands. She was wearing light brown dress. While it did look a bit old, it still looked good because she was taking care of her dress properly.

“Let’s go. Where do you want to go, Xiao Ren?”

Xiao Ren arched his eyebrows. He didn’t know the layout of the city, so it would be impossible for him to pick direction. Eventually, he pointed to one direction.

“There?”

Xiao Ren nodded.

“Alright. Let’s go!”

With excitement, Ye Ning walked beside Xiao Ren. The two of them took their time to familiarize themselves with the street. After all, this would be their first time walking around this city.

“This is the market!” Ye Ning’s eyes shone in curiosity. “There are so many foods and many other items here.”

Xiao Ren nodded once more. He looked around and noticed some familiar tools. It seemed that the city also sold some farming materials along with some weapons. The people here also didn’t care that much that there were weapons placed at the front with some people guarding it.

Well, with the situation of the city not far from the north where there were several clashes, he didn’t think of it as something weird either.

“Would you be interested to buy a sword, Sir?”

Hearing the question, Xiao Ren glanced to the side and saw a middle aged man. He was trying hard to advertise the swords in his store, but the people there didn’t even want to look at him.

Ye Ning noticed Xiao Ren’s gaze and looked at the store. “Are you interested to buy a sword, Xiao Ren? There’s another weapon store not far at the front.”

Glancing to the direction Ye Ning pointed at, Xiao Ren finally understood why the store was completely empty. When there were two stores that sold similar items, the one better or the one who knew how to employ better tricks would win.

He pointed to the empty store.

“You want to check?”

Xiao Ren nodded.

Ye Ning smiled. “In that case, let’s go inside and check the store.”

The two of them walked to the weapon store. The man’s expression brightened when he saw them come close to the store. He opened his arms widely. “Welcome to my store, Esteemed Guest, what are you looking for?”

Xiao Ren nodded and then looked at the weapons inside the store. He had lost his sword because of the battle back then. Only his armor was left along with some money so buying another sword would be a good thing for him.

He had to protect himself.

“Sir?”

“Sorry, Xiao Ren can’t speak,” Ye Ning apologized. She nudged Xiao Ren lightly. “What are you looking for, Xiao Ren? Sword?”

Xiao Ren nodded.

The middle aged man looked in understanding. It seemed that his first customer for the day was actually a disabled. What a shame.

“Please come inside, Sir and Miss.”

 

Fiuh... it feels like forever since the last time I post the last chapter...

Welp, life caught up and I had no time to write this.

On another note, is there any readers still following the story?

0