Grocery
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling a bad premonition, I dropped everything and ran towards the entrance, however before I could reach it, everything went dark. The space in front of the exit started to twist while alarms went off.

 

Someone decided to run forward disregarding anything, in the end he became wrangled and exploded in a whirl of blood.

 

“Kyaah!” along with the screams of civilians, everyone started to panic and run away from the entrance.

 

Gotta get away!

 

Deciding to move further away from the dimension quake, I hid behind a fruit stand along with a girl who looked a little younger than me.

 

The familiar shattering sound occurred, when a figure clad in black scales appeared. On its head were two horns while a severed tail waved around behind him.

 

What kind of dimension monster was this? 

 

It gave off a similar feeling to the behemoth that appeared. 

 

It looked around while muttering stuff in a language I didn’t understand before flashing towards the nearest person.

 

The man screamed in a panic before running away. However he was still too slow in the end and got caught.

 

“Ahh! Mercy!” the man kicked on the air while struggling to get away, when he suddenly exploded into a cloud of blood, causing startling screams to sound.

 

The creature ignored everything else when an energy wrapped around the blood before flying towards his mouth. 

 

He showed a look of disgust before continuing to drink as red lines began to form on his scales. 

 

While feeling nauseous, I suddenly felt someone hold onto my hand. Turning to look around I found that the girl was currently looking at me worriedly.

 

Reaching out my hand, I patted her head. Although I would’ve liked to say it’s okay, unfortunately I couldn’t say anything to attract the creature’s attention.

 

In fact where are the guards, as well as grandpa!

 

Taking out the sword, I held onto it. Although I could barely see its movements, having a sword on hand was better than nothing.

 

But perhaps that was a mistake, as the imp turned around towards us. As if finding its goal, I saw it dash over, its eyes leaving a red line.

 

Too fast!

 

“Careful!” I was about to pull the girl back when she had already retreated and pulled me back instead.

 

“...” 

 

The creature not giving up took another step when I heard a clang sound. Turning to look, I found that he had thrown a punch while the girl parried with a slender sword.

 

After the girl continued to protect me while fending off the creature, causing me to feel embarrassed. Much less help, I couldn’t even see what they were doing.

 

Quickly checking my terminal bracelet, I found that the network was currently off. 

 

Grandpa if you don’t come soon, you’ll lose your granddaughter! 

 

The girl also didn’t seem like she could hold out for long, while worrying about what to do, the imp had sent a kick towards the girl, sending her flying.

 

“Xi!” hearing her call me, I gritted my teeth before blindly throwing a stab forward, afterwards...well there wasn’t an afterwards.

 

***

 

When I woke up, I found that I was back in my room. Trying to get up, I found my entire body sore, especially my insides. My shirt was also ripped on the sides exposing my waist. 

 

However aside from that I also felt a familiar cool feeling spread across my body. It was dimension energy. 

 

Lying back on the bed, I closed my eyes and observed my symbol. It was gushing out dimension energy in torrents. Not only dimension energy, the symbol was also releasing torrents of blood energy, although not as much.

 

“Xi,” 

 

Hearing grandpa’s voice, I opened my eyes to find him coming inside the room with a bowl of gruel. Seeing this I noticed I felt hungry, as my stomach sounded. Blushing I placed a hand over it before he fed me.

 

“Is it okay to be eating?”

 

“Mhm,” he gave me a curt nod, “you seem to be healing quickly, so it should be fine.” while saying that he brought the spoon to my mouth again.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Right when you were knocked out, I appeared before killing the imp. Afterwards I knocked everyone out before bringing you back.”

 

“...” looking at the robe, he wasn’t late because he had to change right? 

 

“What about the girl?”

 

Seeing Grandpa’s confused look

 

“I’m out of dimension energy again.” The energy inside had almost dried up. I tried to get off the bed when my grandpa carried me to the kitchen.

 

“Are you going to absorb it?”

 

“I’ll try.” I placed my hand over to the Dimension Imp. something other than the boar, I’m definitely eating it! 

 

Sending in my veins, I began to drain the imp’s dimension energy. However contrary to what I expected, the imp didn’t disappear. Instead I felt that I couldn’t absorb anymore. 

 

Withdrawing the veins, I stored the imp inside my storage space. 

 

“What happened to the girl?” feeling much better after having my symbol full, I finally remembered to ask.

 

“She’s fine, even after taking a kick from a tier 3 she was still able to get up just fine. Although I knocked her out before carrying you back.”

 

“Grandpa!”

 

“It should be fine. All of the devices were busted and I made sure to knock everyone out before taking you back.” Looking around the house, I just noticed that all of the lights were still out.

 

“Grandpa… it’s probably too late to hide? The girl already knew my name,” although we’ve never met before?

 

“...” his eyelids twitched as he crossed his hands, “so I went through all that for nothing?!” 

1